Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1559 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

WTF is wrong with the moon?!!!

Ok I wacthed the recent Lunder Eclipse and ever since then been lookin at the night sky.So I started notcing the moon a couple of nights ago.It seems to be slowing in rise EVERY night like for enstance the other night it was 10 it was well in the sky.Tonight at 10:15 it was barley in the sky!!!And it's been full since Friday,is it normal to have a full moon like that so long?And it's orange cast when it riseses in the sky!
    Readytoride08 Reviewed by Readytoride08 on . WTF is wrong with the moon?!!! Ok I wacthed the recent Lunder Eclipse and ever since then been lookin at the night sky.So I started notcing the moon a couple of nights ago.It seems to be slowing in rise EVERY night like for enstance the other night it was 10 it was well in the sky.Tonight at 10:15 it was barley in the sky!!!And it's been full since Friday,is it normal to have a full moon like that so long?And it's orange cast when it riseses in the sky! Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well... each day the moon rises about 50 minuter later than the day before, because of its rotation around the earth. This rotation takes 28 days, and its the amount of time it passes through its 4 phases. So, it is full for about 7 days.
    And not only it, but also the sun is more oranger/redder when its rising than when its high in the sky... its caused by the atmosphere.

Yes, the moon is functioning properly. There is nothing wrong with it. Fortunately, if something does go wrong, the moon is still under warrantee and can be replaced at no charge --- 5 billion years or 65 billion revolutions, whichever comes first.

The serious answer is that Coelho is right. The moon comes up 50 minutes later each night, and slowly works through all of its phases over the course of about 28 days (one month, or one "moon"). If you watch the moon for a month or so, sort of like you have been doing, you will get a real feel for it.

Also, if you look at the moon through a good set of binouclars, you will be surprised how much detail you can see. And if you have access to even a very small telescope, you will blow your mind looking at the moon.

It's a conspiracy. The Dairy industry have been creaming off large chunks of Moon Cheese. The weight of the moon is decreasing so the gravitational pull is lower making the Moon come up later every night. They then dye the cheese to make it yellow instead of green. Side effects of consuming this astral food stuff include howling into the night sky and claiming man never went to the moon. Beware!!!!

Wish I could trip on the moon looking back at earth. I think I would lose my mind though

Quote Originally Posted by JeffersonBud
    Wish I could trip on the moon looking back at earth. I think I would lose my mind though
    You cannot lose that which you never had.

Ha ha! Just joking, my friend! It would be awesome and mind blowing to see the earth from the moon. The earth is something like 4 times the diameter of the moon, so it would look a lot bigger than the moon does from here. And it wouldn't move acroos the sky. It would just hang there in one spot, spinning on it's axis.

Yeah I could kick myself for not thinking the Earth rotates and the early night sky cast this upon the moon.Hold back your stones and noob comments imp:.

OMG OMG OMG WTF is wrong with the moon?!!!

Just wait until the Earth has no moon left bwahaha

i know right this is a funny title for a thread
    the moon is very mysterious indeed but we cant live without it
    and are plants love it for some reason
    haha the man on the moon is a wierdo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast