Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1578 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The importance of a continuous canopy: It's all about EFFICIENCY, baby!

Girl You Got Mad Skill's!!!!!:thumbsup::rastasmoke::smokin::hippy:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/hydroponi...tch-style.html If You want to see My Aeroponic\'s System.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...tch-style.html If You want to see some Bad Ass Trich. Shot\'s.

http://boards.cannabis.com/closet-ca...tch-style.htmlIf You want to see My Grow Chamber\'s.

http://boards.cannabis.com/153927-da...-08-hatch.htmlMy Latest Grow.

2.   Advertisements

Many thanks, this post along with so many more have helped out so much, and in the perfect frame of time no less.. Also everytime I read CultiModerVatorAtor it makes me crack up.. Good stuff.. Hope all is well with everyone on this saturday..
    Peace
    J
    \"A man\'s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeeded be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.\"
    -Albert Einstein

Ok ok.....I'll do it with smaller pots now.....you've convinced me. Thanks VERY much for adding ANOTHER HUGE CHORE into my already complex life.

These threads and concepts go hand-in-hand so here's a link to continue your reading on the subject!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-faqs...large-pot.html

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    ... or if given 2+ weeks' veg time, there is another re-pot step up to 3 gallon pots at about week 3 of flower, when stretch is ended and I can tell the ultimate size of the plant.
    This is one thing I've never been clear on. From this part of your post you imply that the roots continue to grow throughout the flowering period. Is this, in fact, the case? Is there a time when the roots do not grow anymore?
    I've always re-potted before flowering and then allowed a couple of weeks veg thinking that's enough time for the roots to spread out into the pot.

Roots continue to grow throughout the plant's life. They grow fastest when they have fresh, light soil to grow into. If you give too large a pot, they just keep growing- it can even appear the the plant is just SITTING there not doing much, but all the action is underground. There's a balance you have to find between root and shoot growth.

Thanx stinky good thread

OK, I'm convinced enough to at least give it a try. Makes sense to me. So crazy it might just work. Thank you stinky, and Weedhound for giving me the heads-up.

(walking to the closet to unearth some youngsters)

First of all good post... i've seen a lot of people who miss this aspect and come asking why there plants have a stunted growth (Then as u pick up the pot u feel the inbalanced weight between the top of the pot and the bottom)

To add some information if wanted:
    Symptoms that the plant needs a transplant: Plants that have roots that are being limited from a small pot normally have a small amount of branches and overly strech upwards.

After a transplant (which is the second most traumatic experience for a plant. the first being the clonation) the photosintesis and the production of cloraphil is slowed, therefore it is recommended to transplant at the last hours of the day. That way the plant can recover at night. Also the transplanted plants should have a softer light for 2 days, therefore the leaves can grow at the same rithym that the roots can contribute water and nutrients.

Tranplanted plants require low levels of nitrogen and potasium, while needing higher levels of phosphorus. Any product that contains Trichoderma fungi or vitamin B1 will help to reduce the shock of the transplant. Obviously is if the transplant is done correctly, textbook, then there won't be signs of stress.

In jorge Cervanes there is a table that u can use to know when to transplant. Here it is:
    2-6 weeks pot of 10 cm
    6-8 weeks pot of 7,5 Liters
    6-8 weeks pot of 11 Liters
    2-3 months pot of 19 L
    6-18 months pot of 38 L

(important note: as stinkyattick said, it depends on ur situation and very important is the strain) Also if you use "Spin-out" the plant can stay in a smaller pot longer.

Question for stinkyattic: Why do u wait for the soil to be alil dry before doing the transplant? any particular reason?

Is spin-out a chemical pruner? I don't believe in those. I feel that they are stressful, and that instead if you want to buy time, you should use an enzyme such as Cannazyme to break down only the DEAD roots. But even that should be approached with caution, as it tends to release a burst of nitrogen back into the pot from the broken-down material.

I wait until the soil is dry because it is slightly shrunken compared to wet soil, so it slides out more easily. Furthermore, a very wet root ball is heavy and can actually break apart under its own weight while moving. IF you do it on the dry side, the plant will barely notice the transplant until it feels all that nice SPACE, lol!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast