Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1519 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

green card testing- help!!

i have a friend who is getting his medical exam for a green card this week. he took 1 or 2 hits on sat and smoked a bit once in january - he rarely smokes. he needs to get his medical exam soon and i'm worried about his testing.
    Has anyone gone through this before? do they ask you if you've used drugs? If so- do you suggest telling the truth (since testing can prove you lied?) or lying? i'm assuming if you don't give them a reason to believe you use they won't check for it since the blood test is mainly for diseases (HIV etc). but i don't want to tell him to lie since the stakes are so high. Is there a certain time period you would suggest waiting for before blood testing?
    any help would be appreciated - thanks!
    lynn01 Reviewed by lynn01 on . green card testing- help!! i have a friend who is getting his medical exam for a green card this week. he took 1 or 2 hits on sat and smoked a bit once in january - he rarely smokes. he needs to get his medical exam soon and i'm worried about his testing. Has anyone gone through this before? do they ask you if you've used drugs? If so- do you suggest telling the truth (since testing can prove you lied?) or lying? i'm assuming if you don't give them a reason to believe you use they won't check for it since the blood Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I am unsure about if they test you for getting a green card so i cannot answer that.

As for blood testing, if he abstains for 3 days he should be able to pass a blood test drug screen.

I am going to need his height, weight, excercise habits to make an accurate assessment of how soon he will be clean if he were testing via urinalysis.

It is worth noting for those who smoke sparingly they can potentially be clean in less than a few days.

he's 5'7, 183lbs, and works out 3x's a week for about 60-90 mins each time.

the medical form lists a bunch a diseases for the Dr. to check if it appears in either the blood test (HIV etc) or pysch test (mental illness). One of the boxes is for narcotics - which is what has me a bit worried.

i'm gonna bump b/c it's important - any help would be great
    thanks!

THC can only be detected in a blood test for a max of 3-5 days for a chronic user. Usually just 24 hours for a non chronic user. THC can be detected 30-60+ days for a chronic user and usually 3-7 days for a one time user. Many variables are in the formula with the most important being body metabolism and height and weight and history of usage. Immigration usually checks with a background investigation, physical examination which does include a urine test and blood test. After 911 I'm sure they check everything. Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by lynn01
    i'm gonna bump b/c it's important - any help would be great
    thanks!
    Im not sure about the blood test-never have had to take one-, but there are ways to pass urinalysis. I had to take weekly tests for my PO and smoked the day before on two different occasions and passed. I took pills called AZO Standards and AZO Cranberries. I took 4 of each the night before the test and 4 of each the morning of. Make sure to give yourself 4-5 hours before the test as the pills will turn you urine different colors and be sure to drink plenty of water/fluids. Havent failed since I found out about them. Good Luck and TOKE ON..

i got the blood test...
    me and my sister are really worried..
    w smoked the day before we go it...
    and we dont want to get my mom in truble also because of our stupidity...
    does anyone know...
    im only 15 and my sister is 17 well today she turned 18...
    and im worried sick..also
    ive done rolls once but only taken one and aparently it wasnt strong whatso ever...
    and ive also done shrooms..but i highly doubt that
    but im worried sick about the THC in my system..because we smoke alot..
    everyday...
    PLEASE! PLEASE..please....i need help.
    i swear..i really dont want to get my mom upset...
    i dont want to screw it all up for us...
    thank you..

I too, recently actually, maybe about 5 months ago had to go get blood tested for a green card. Before they take your blood, as well as before they give u a tb shot and one other thing (I forgot), they should give you a questionnaire asking you specific questions such as if you've had this disease or this, they also ask you if you've ever taken drugs. I put down no....I suggest you do the same. God do I digress. To answer your question no they don't test you for marijuana.... I too was sweating bullets, and was a nervous wreck. Relax, :rastasmoke:...maybe later on today I'll pull out the medical form and tell you specifically what they test for in your blood. Later

Right the only thing relating to drugs is the box (narcotics, which was unchecked for me). You see, I'm a fairly constant user, and I smoked a blunt about 3 days before, I got my blood drawn for the green card. My guess is that that box is there if you have been convicted of a drug-related felony or something, I honestly don't know. I passed, and honestly, with the amount your friend has smoked, your friend shouldn't be worried about it. I say don't worry about it.

heyy i was wondering how it all turned out
    did you get your green card
    i am facing the EXACT same problem
    and i am worried sick
    thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast