Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1581 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

eating bud doesnt get me high

i eat edibles from time to time. My boop always smells like weed the next day

I recently got a medical card for job related injury pain and went to a dispensary. As part of their "welcome to the collective" procedure, I got the choice of a free gram with my first purchase of edibles. As I have not smoked in 15 years (and didn't much enjoy it back then) I opted for a pre rolled joint and a tiny bag of sandy colored kief in place of the gram. I asked the budtender if it was possible to get any effect from eating the kief/pollen. She admitted she didn't know.
    At home, around 4:30p, (i put the joint and edibles in the freezer), I was curious about the oral effects of such a small back of pollen. It was like a pinch of sand. So I emptied the bag on my tongue, washed it down with two glasses of water and some feta cheese and went about my day. Started feeling it in my cheekbones (@6pm) and was amused. Got loose as a goose and was enjoying a book outside (@7-8pm). My eyes felt fuzzy, I was warm all over and my skin took on the quality of a guitar string being thrummed gently. I finally understood why people got stoned (@10pm) and realized that eating was a strong creeper of an experience that i would probably not do again (@11pm). I couldn't go to sleep and engaged myself in baking 3 pies and re organizing the kitchen. I was more awake than i had ever been and fascinated by the energy i felt.

Despite this alertness, I wanted to crash so badly and just sleep but my body and the kief in my intestines wouldn't let me. I finished the pies, slept for 3 hours and woke up to go to work. I was cursing my decision to eat instead of smoking since i was still feeling the effects during the bus ride in.

I performed my duties super carefully, looked everyone in the eyes and had a stellar day. Kept checking my pupils in the bathroom mirror throughout the shift. 8 hours into my work day, I think that i fell off the plateau but the come down was long, tricky and slow. I would think that i was sober and then a sudden movement would send me back into an echo of a body high or produce the munchies in me. I did a workout tonight to banish some of the tingling effects I am still feeling. I want to excrete this substance so badly

I don't feel completely normal today (the ingestion took place on a tuesday evening and it is thursday night as i type this)

..WARNING to newbies and light weights like me
    when eating pollen/hash - TREAD CAREFULLY

Sorry it was an unwanted experience for you. Your description of eating raw cannabis was very familiar and as an old pothead from the 70s I have really come to enjoy the experience. However I am only eating raw weed and not kief specifically.

You might check out some firecracker recipes for less intense edibles. they can be made with as much or as little weed as desired.

Good luck with your back pain.

Quote Originally Posted by 8182KSKUSH
    Man I am telling you, milk and marijuana. The only way that I have been able to ingest it and feel the effects, and baby, you will go to the moon. There is a thread here, many many folks post that they are gonna try it, then they are never heard from again. It's also the easiest fastest way that I have made any edible thc product. Check it out follow the directions, it's so easy and sooo efucktive!
    hell yea!! I make a good weed milk when I get to about 7grams of vaped remains. Gotta use the fatty milk the whole shit!

5.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by naturesmeds
    Eating pot makes no sense unless you have plenty, AND you want more effect than smoking, ANY amount.
    You can go places that you just can't get to by smoking.
    If you're buying your pot, just be prepared to go broke, just to find out what I'm talking about.

Compared to the founders of this nation, you're all a bunch of light weights.
    Or you could buy a vape and get high on your weed twice:thumbsup::hippy:

The only time I've eaten I didn't get high. At some cookies(Which were probably the best tasting cookies I've ever had).

However, I smoked a shit ton of hash before that. Does already being high effect it?

Quote Originally Posted by dankman318
    So I've been following this thread due to my experience with edibles and not getting high. I made a batch of brownies with cannaoil using a 1/4 of headies and I sliced the brownies into 9 pieces. Now I started off by eating the biggest 1/9 piece. I waited two hours felt nothing so i decided to eat my other two. Now ingesting 1/3 of the entire brownies, I get a little tired and hate waiting so i smoke some weed and find that weird threshold dose feeling everyone here seems to get.

I then called my two friends over to smoke some bowls as i was very dissapointed in the turn out of my brownies. I then was thinking i must of made them wrong and wasted the whole quarter. I offered each one of my friends 1 piece to taste the yummyness. So they both ingested 1/9 of the batch and i told them they were duds and they won't get them high. After about 35 min they went into the other room and just layed down. Both of them told me they have never been so uncomfortably high.

:
    This is the same for me. I always hear about people getting so high its too much off of edibles. But, I just can't seem to get like that. Maybe its my tolerance level or something? I mean I always cook with my ABV weed and I mix about 7 grams of that with a pint of whole milk. The last time I did it I wanted to see if I could get that uncontrollable crazy high that everyone always talks about. So I loaded about 7 or 8 grams of the ABV weed and then about a 16th of some really good dank and still nothing. I mean don't get me wrong I felt high but it was just a little bit of a body buzz, it definately wasn't a uncontrollable crazy high though? Maybe I'm just different, but next time we are going to try and cook it in some butter because it will be fattier. But I mean I should have been crazy high off of almost a full 8th of weed for just me in one sitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stemis516
    madsativa, please read my entire post before trying to seem intelligent

i stated that i ate a brownie from the same batch and 7 other people got pretty messed up...and most of the time were not smoking anything while were eating so i know its the brownies and that they are made properly....also i never said that i personally ate an ounce....it was clearly stated that the ounce was split up between 8 brownies

for those who have had similiar experiences (or lacktherof), how much were u eating and did u just try to eat more at a time until it got to a point where it was no longer economical

thats what i figure ill do....eat more and more at a time each session until i either get messed up or it doesnt make economic sense to eat so much for 1 session
    I would venture to say that you failed majorly on making the butter/oil. If those people ate an eigth of weed coooked properly they would be bugging out mad bad if they werent experienced pot eaters. Im a big guy and a gram cooked properly gets me nice and high plus i smoke a lot. 3 and a half grams i would be bugging majorly. So even though they got high you still failed making the brownies. i would say you have a higher tolerance than them so you just didnt feel it.

...I wonder if any of you who have a problem getting high off edibles have a problem digesting fats in general. I'm working with someone right now who has this problem.

Are you more or less thin? Do you have digestive problems of any kind after eating a fatty meal? These may be indicators.

eat and smoke u cant go wrong

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast