Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1782 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

eating bud doesnt get me high

I have never gotten high off of eating weed. Don't tell me it wasn't made right or anything else like that, I have eaten a whole space cake in amsterdam on more than one occasion, and nothing. Yes different coffee shops different times of the day. One of the owners wouldn't let me have more than one piece in an hour because it was so powerful. I ended up eating the whole thing in front of him, in about 3 hours he was very surprised. The cake was really good and he didn't have any other snacks. I have eaten it in every form and nothing has ever happened. I have a really high metabolism I think that has something to do with it. I wish I could get off on it and I still try in hopes one day I find a combination that works for me. Thats my two cents worth.

So I've been following this thread due to my experience with edibles and not getting high. I made a batch of brownies with cannaoil using a 1/4 of headies and I sliced the brownies into 9 pieces. Now I started off by eating the biggest 1/9 piece. I waited two hours felt nothing so i decided to eat my other two. Now ingesting 1/3 of the entire brownies, I get a little tired and hate waiting so i smoke some weed and find that weird threshold dose feeling everyone here seems to get.

I then called my two friends over to smoke some bowls as i was very dissapointed in the turn out of my brownies. I then was thinking i must of made them wrong and wasted the whole quarter. I offered each one of my friends 1 piece to taste the yummyness. So they both ingested 1/9 of the batch and i told them they were duds and they won't get them high. After about 35 min they went into the other room and just layed down. Both of them told me they have never been so uncomfortably high.

Quote Originally Posted by 8182KSKUSH
    Man I am telling you, milk and marijuana. The only way that I have been able to ingest it and feel the effects, and baby, you will go to the moon. There is a thread here, many many folks post that they are gonna try it, then they are never heard from again. It's also the easiest fastest way that I have made any edible thc product. Check it out follow the directions, it's so easy and sooo efucktive!
    KSKUSH is now banned, but he was saying earlier in this thread he worked at a clinic and never could get high from anything edible. For him to come back and say the text quoted above, must mean there is a possibility for this thread going somewhere further imp:

Something interesting that i was thinking about was the Milk. When i was a child i had minor/moderate allergic reactions to milk. So i wasn't really breast fed or raised drinking milk. Later on heavy milk products give me minor lactose intolerance. So maybe i have an enzyme deficiency such as lactose intolerance that is causing me not to absorb the thc effectively?

Has anyone else had success with drinking milk along with take their edibles?
    :smokin:

Coelho & hazedandinfused are correct.
    A. You must have an empty stomach!
    B. You're not eating enough.
    C. You must use alcohol or a form of oil, to extract (yes, butter, or dragon)

It would not surprise me, ANYTHING your friends might do or say, just like all the people here, as there is a vast amount of disinformation.
    I've seen MANY people swear they were high 5 minutes after eating, but it takes a long time, so EAT AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE!
    Many people & dispensaries sell edibles that don't have enough to get a fly high, & sell a lot of them with few complaints.
    If 34 out of 34 people who ate the same brownie, all claimed to be high within 5-10 minutes of eating them, its no surprise to me, as I know better.

Nobody has ever eaten too much & died, so I doubt you're going to be first.
    You'll just go to sleep. (for a very long time & then wake up stoned)

There's lots of people smoking, but few are getting high.
    Nobody ever told me there would be days like these.

4.   Advertisements

Eating pot makes no sense unless you have plenty, AND you want more effect than smoking, ANY amount.
    You can go places that you just can't get to by smoking.
    If you're buying your pot, just be prepared to go broke, just to find out what I'm talking about.

Compared to the founders of this nation, you're all a bunch of light weights.

Make it out of that kronic :rasta::rastasmoke:

There is a method to the madness... Yes technique in extraction and all that but THC doesn't automatically just work though would seem to be the case. As some Cannaposters hit on. There are processing issues depending on how your body receives the raw material etc.

Get past all of that and whether you have hash cookies or double boiler brownies, you should be getting stoned. I'm talkin muscle relaxer, holy shit I'm!! What was I saying? stoned...

So why is this not occuring?

Your brain has receptors specifically for THC. Its the only element known to us so far that has these properties. That doesn't mean your body can process and transfer the matter into that receptor path.

Enough science MedMike, get to the fun stuff!

It so simple you're gonna laugh! You need a carrier. There needs to be something that can allow the body to separate and deliver your medicine.

Milk, half and half and cream have milk fat. Which contains lipids and philo lipids that allow the body to get the dose carried/delivered.

Next time, try eating a small amount of edibles. Immediately drink a small amount of milk etc. Continue by ingesting more small doses and including milk products. Be patient, don't over do either the milk fat or the edible.

Munch On!

MedMike

...should be a more 'natural' form of THC delivery, yes, but I have heard that your stomach acids can do a number on it (unless it's suspended/dissolved in an alco/fat base), so you need approximately three times 'normal' dosage to get the same effect from eating.

I have Chronicus Maximus tolerance, and prefer to smoke it, but am looking forward to the time (SOON!) when I have /enough/ to eat, and can stop smoking (which has various minor health penalties that eating doesn't).

TRUE STORY--one of the highest times I've ever been in my life... (and from 'eating', too!)

Went to Britain a few years ago, to see younger brother's wedding. Weed is hard to score in UK, hash less hard, so I wound up scoring an O of decent hash for 45 quid (around $115Cdn at the time!).

Now, there was no way that we could smoke it all before leaving, and I was not taking any on the plane back home, so, after giving much of it away, and smoking as much as we could, the wife and I still had around 10g left.

We took two pieces of bread, buttered them, and then spread the hash on the bread like Marmite, folded 'em in half, and ate 'em on the train on the way to Heathrow... (or was it Gatwick... hmm)

Wifey couldn't get thru all of hers, so I ate it too. I estimate that she had 3-3.5 g, and I had 6.5-7g of some of the nicest hash I'd had in a while, tho kinda nasty to just wolf down. Waiting for the plane, I kept wondering when the firkin' hash was going to 'kick in'... or if my stomach just thrashed it.

We passed thru the security gates, were waiting in the 'final' departure lounge (you know, the one just before the tube you walk thru to get on the actual bird...), and I was just leaning up against the wall, watiting.

And then I felt the whole departure lounge move up, and down, like 3 ft, as if we were on a pier somewhere... My first thought was "wow... they built the departure thingy on a pier..." followed by "hang on... that's insane.... OH, I guess the Hash is kicking in now!"...

For the next half-hour, all I could feel was the "WHOOOMPH", as the departure lounge kept washing up and down with the non-existant waves. Somehow I got on the plane. I remember wrapping myself up in one of their shitty blankets, then nothing... then touching down in Canada like 15 seconds later....

Remember--this effect took like 6-7g of hash, eaten with butter on a nearly empty stomach...

Easiest flight I've never had

(c)C :chainsaw:
    (c)C :chainsaw:
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    My \'build thread: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-vanished.html
    My \'grow\' thread: http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ng-partay.html

Quote Originally Posted by AbrandnewL
    Haha, Im sure if I did that I would throw up indefinetly. Too much weed makes me throw up. I've thrown up from crackers twice and vaping once. You must have super tolerance broo:hippy:
    I also do not seem to have very little effect from edibles.
    I gave the firecrackers a shot a couple times to no to little effect.
    last time i made 2 with about .75g finely ground mids.
    wated three hours before I said screw this and hit the vape.
    I was really hoping this would work because i heard it was more a heavy body effect and that whats I prefer to cope with pain. I have also spent quite a bit on variet of edibles from the dispensaries to little effect if any.

The problem with people not getting high off edibles is not because they're not as potent as smoking, it's because you're all eating the wrong stuff that was made the wrong way...

I know a girl in the Los Angeles valley area who makes the most potent edibles that I have ever had. And anyone who has tried them would say the same exact thing. It's all in the process. She sells her product for about $5 each (gourmet cookies, brownies, cakes, lollipops) direct, or you can buy it at a dispensary..... and the potency of them is out of this world. People actually think that she puts magic mushrooms in her edibles. They're that strong. You have one cookie or half a brownie (the brownie is made with VERY potent pot butter that she makes a special way, and it's topped with icing that has an extra dosage of THC).... and it you WILL hallucinate.

Saying you can't get high from edibles just because of a couple of bad batches that you've tasted or that you and your friends have made is almost the same as saying you can't get high off weed because all you've tried is some crappy old shake.

Hi,

Nice to see the important views about theeating bud doesnt get me high which is good to see here as I am newbie I hope that you will give more that type of views in future all the best in future

hemp seeds

Cheers!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast