Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1559 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

eating bud doesnt get me high

I think every post in this thread is missing one important factor, so I'd like to share a story that will clear the issue up:

Here's what I think...someone who isn't me once had a lot of plants and decided to make edibles, since she knew the buds would be a good quality. She made a batch of cookies with 1g in each cookie. She routinely smokes large amounts every day, so she started off with two cookies (2 grams). After 2 hours, she was feeling a little bit, but was slightly dissatisfied, so she ate 2 more. After she ate them, she felt nothing for the rest of the day, and her mild buzz went away quickly after she ate them. She tried this again a few days later, this time eating 4 cookies to begin with, and again she felt nothing.

She decided to give it one more try, this time with a bowl of schwag to help move it along. Except this time, she titrated her dosage. She took 5 cookies, and had one small bite every 5-10 minutes, for as long as it takes, or until the 5 cookies were done. After an hour and a half, she was 1 and a third cookies in, and she decided to hit her bowl. After smoking, she was very intoxicated and realized how hard it hit her.

The point of the story is that her mindset has a large impact on the experience. First, she thinks she ate too much the first few times so that her high quickly turned to anxiety, which in return quickly ended her high. Next, the third time she ate them, she was relaxed, ready, and intent on feeling high from the cookies. And finally, if you tell yourself that you're not high, then you won't get high. Instead, focus on other things--the people around you or your environment--and when the edibles start to kick in, you won't need to question it, because it will distract you from whatever else your mind was doing at the moment. It happens so slowly that if you focus on it and wait for it to happen, you'll be disappointed.

I've eaten great amounts of brownies and cokies and haven't felt it. My friends make a batch of cookies and 1/4 cookie gets them so high they can't walk to the store. I eat a whole cookie, nothing, smoke a bowl and I feel like I smoked a bowl. No matter how it is done it don't work for me. I am intrigued about spacing out the intake though, good call!

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by melodious fellow
    Stemis, listen to Coelho and make some very potent green dragon (erb desolved in high-proof drinking grade ethanol, then filtered)

Or, my favorite:

Make very potent fire crackers (grind up 2+ grams of dank, spread on 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter between 2 small cinnamon graham crackers and bake at 300F or so for 20 min, wrapped in aluminum foil)

The most simplistic recipes are the best when testing if you really are an anomaly.

Eat/drink on an empty stomach, this is a must!

peace :rasta:
    Haha, Im sure if I did that I would throw up indefinetly. Too much weed makes me throw up. I've thrown up from crackers twice and vaping once. You must have super tolerance broo:hippy:

I've also had less than stellar experiences with edibles. Gotten lots of different stuff from the club from cookies to brownies to biscotti to pills.

The most effective of them all were the hash pills, but even then I only noticed the effect by taking them in the morning and not smoking at all that day. It hit me slowly as a very mellow stone and probably made me tired more than anything else.

Plenty of he times I ate the other stuff I was also smoking fat bong tokes. I just think smoking good weed masks the effect of whatever you eat.

Could it be that you have a high tolerance of THC so when you consume the marijuana in any shape or form by eating it that the acids in your stomach break it down to the point that there is nothing at all for your body to get a high from? Stomach acids are pretty heavy in the work that it has to do.

I could be wrong but that is the only thing I can think of, it seems the most logical explanation to it. Maybe you need to put more marijuana in what ever it is that you are cooking it with? Or you just need to get really dank bud, possibly do both! :thumbsup:

But I could be very wrong

Quote Originally Posted by KyleIsNorml
    Could it be that you have a high tolerance of THC so when you consume the marijuana in any shape or form by eating it that the acids in your stomach break it down to the point that there is nothing at all for your body to get a high from? Stomach acids are pretty heavy in the work that it has to do.
    Well... it makes sense, but i think its not the reason, because the THC isnt water-soluble, but only fat-soluble, and the fats arent digested in the stomach, but after it. So i think it passes unharmed by the stomach.

But im not a doctor (nor anything remotely related), so i can be wrong too.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    Well... it makes sense, but i think its not the reason, because the THC isnt water-soluble, but only fat-soluble, and the fats arent digested in the stomach, but after it. So i think it passes unharmed by the stomach.

But im not a doctor (nor anything remotely related), so i can be wrong too.
    Yes we can both be very wrong but at the same time I can't argue with your words. I feel as if both of our theories could be correct, or at least one of the two! :thumbsup: I'm sure I could just google it but I'm not in the mood to read anything in such depth right now haha :jointsmile:

your not doing it right

like some have said you can make brownies for 8 people from around a quarter of good weed

either you guys are trying to make brownies out of beasters
    or
    your not making the brownies right

it takes around 2 hours to get high after you eat weed stuff but you get really, really high

Man I am telling you, milk and marijuana. The only way that I have been able to ingest it and feel the effects, and baby, you will go to the moon. There is a thread here, many many folks post that they are gonna try it, then they are never heard from again. It's also the easiest fastest way that I have made any edible thc product. Check it out follow the directions, it's so easy and sooo efucktive!

umm i like weed!.....a lot!....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast