Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1572 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

eating bud doesnt get me high

Make the butter FIRST according to an accepted extraction technique, and THEN make the brownies. There's a distinct possibility that your cooking technique is lacking, and that your friends might even be experiencing somewhat of a placebo effect.

It should not take a whole ounce to get 8 people high off brownies if you do it correctly. When I make truffles using correctly extracted cannabutter or cannacream, it only takes 0.2 GRAMS equivalent to get to a VERY noticeable high, and I'm a pretty heavy smoker.

Try dosing your brownies at 1 gram per person, so take the amount of butter the recipe calls for and dose it at a gram of bud per person, extract that amount into the amount of butter you will be using, and then cook with that.

If that doesn't work, I'm at a complete loss, lol!

And can we not bicker too much? Pretty please with chocolate on top?

2.   Advertisements

I've only attempted eating once, and it didn't work for me, but worked for my friends. But on the same note, it may have been done poorly, so I'll have to give it another try with some of the recipes here. I had just kind of accepted it as just not going to work.

taken me 5 years to figure out why i don't get high,,cause i get to stupid really i gap right out.so i think i wioll stick to smokin

Quote Originally Posted by L Rag
    Okay, you read it and don't understand English then.
    And the definition of accurate is not 'propper'. Which is spelt proper by the way.
    Again I read it but I can also read between the lines, you have done somthing wrong, your friends were all the placibo and you were the control, and proper, legit, the deal real, etc. are all definitions of Aak-rite here. You will see more as you read through my posts, I dont spell in english or any laguage to well. This is from not using spellcheck, knowing to many languages, typing in the dark, and a general disrespect for the english laguage all togeather. but you get the general effect of what im trying to say. This is not a trem paper this is me talking in the real through type in about 9 seconds. oh and I gave no effect that I was a smartty, smart, smart but when it comes to herb I am a "expert in the ganja feild"(see the word feild has 2 meanings here both related but not the same, english is a funny language).
    the cure for cancer is real
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjhT9282-Tw

Well... during my 2 very first attempts at using cannabis, i ate some truffle-like things (actually brigadeiros) with weed that my friends did make... i ate the same amount that them, and while they got HIGH i felt only slightly "different". Ok, i was a newbie to weed and maybe didnt recognize the effects of being high, but surely they got FAR higher than me.
    I think being high is a thing our body "learns" to do... maybe its related with the body became used to metabolize the THC faster, or more efficiently... and i think it would be the same with eaten THC, cause the metabolization of it through the digestive system isnt the same of it when smoked... so, maybe you should try more times...
    I would suggest everybody who didnt got high eating weed to try to make some green dragon. Its easier to get high from weed in liquid form than in solid form... and it takes less weed too... so you would know for sure if the problem is with the weed or with you.
    Anyway, its very important to remember that eating weed is efficient with an empty stomach, and that eating weed with a full stomach mostly does NOT work... if it were the case, maybe thats why some of you didnt get high while your friends did.
    Also, there is a recipe in the recipes section where Stinky talks about the uses of ginger, which may increase the absortion of THC by the body... so maybe you would try to eating some ginger before eating weed and see if it helps.
    But, regardless anything, eating weed IS a bit of waste, cause you need (rougly) 5 times of the amount you would smoke to get the same level of "highness". Of course the duration of the high is far greater, but i dont know if it is worth... for me, who MUST live one entire year with 2oz, it is not... but if you have plenty of weed, why not?
    So, i hope it has helped, good luck to all, and keep trying!
    After the first sucessfull high (and i mean HIGHHHH) with eating (or drinking) weed, you will love it! :thumbsup::stoned::abduct::jointsmile:

I used to work in a clinic, and I have tried every edible under the sun. Like you I just get a slight change, but nothing significant?
    I have just given up on it, it sucks when I watch whoever eat half of a xxx hash brownie, and then I eat the a whole one and they are in space and I am ready to smoke a blunt. And these are people that otherwise smoke me under the table any day, I just can't get it from edibles. I wish I could!

Madsativa was just being helpful i dont see why he was getting bashed. Anyway your friends are good actors thats what happened. you probably did do what stinky said and not make the butter first

also i did not mean to bring back a thread from february ;c) i guess this forum is not too busy

Stemis, listen to Coelho and make some very potent green dragon (erb desolved in high-proof drinking grade ethanol, then filtered)

Or, my favorite:

Make very potent fire crackers (grind up 2+ grams of dank, spread on 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter between 2 small cinnamon graham crackers and bake at 300F or so for 20 min, wrapped in aluminum foil)

The most simplistic recipes are the best when testing if you really are an anomaly.

Eat/drink on an empty stomach, this is a must!

peace :rasta:

the people who dont feel the effects lack an enzyme in their livers or have lower concentrations of it naturally, therefore the molecules cannot be converted into super-thc that gets u fucked up

i trip balls when i eat or drink it, i like it...i like it very much, i feel bad for you people.

woot, post 187

I feel bad for all of you that don't get to experience the full on brownie effect!!! wow. Anyway. I have had a couple experiences where nothing happened also. I believe there are several reasons for this. 1. Your stomach should be empty for full effect. 2. A slightly tilted tray can cause oil to seep from one side to another. 3. You didn't let the bud simmer for to long or not long enough. I am curious if there is a scienetific reason why it doesn't work for people.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast