Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1567 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: What is your broadband speed?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Up to 1Mb

2 8.00%
  • Up to 5Mb

7 28.00%
  • Up to 10Mb

7 28.00%
  • Greater than 10Mb.. fast as fuck!

9 36.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is your broadband speed?

I am currently on a 4Mb line that is being upgraded to 10Mb for free this spring.

bhouncy Reviewed by bhouncy on . What is your broadband speed? I am currently on a 4Mb line that is being upgraded to 10Mb for free this spring:D. What is your broadband speed? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Something under 1 Mb, at both houses. There isn't many options up this way so no matter what you end up getting screwed.

I take back the above post, one house is 4Mb and the other is 2Mb.

mine is 8mg, but most i get on d/n is 750 kbs which is usually about 12 midday when theres no one around. 4-8 in the week it drops like a lead ballon.

i hate how internet companies can sell you whatever sped and then not deliver it because its 'upto' its the only industry where you can sell something you couldnt possibly delvier

450 k/b down 150 k/b up

Really wtf is up with selling something you don't have? This is actually a legit business? lol
    My speed is suppsoe to be 7mb down but really only about 1.5mb on bad days and possibly 2mb on good days lol.
    \"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety\"
    , Benjamin Franklin

\"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.\"
    , George Washington

\"Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism\"
    , George Washington

Connected at the moment at 2.9 Mbps, speed test indicates only 1.8 Mbps.

TStools - Broadband Connection Speedtest is a handy little speed tester although I don't know whether it works for connections outside UK, but there must be loads of speed testers available it is always worth a few minutes to run one.

Cheers

NCM

Here in my area we have three plans... 3 meg, 5 meg and 10 meg

Quote Originally Posted by apocolips31
    Really wtf is up with selling something you don't have? This is actually a legit business? lol
    My speed is suppsoe to be 7mb down but really only about 1.5mb on bad days and possibly 2mb on good days lol.
    the only and i mean the only technology that can stand honest to its promise is fiber optic internet networks... services like fios by verizon and that still requires the fiber optic to be used inside of your house as well as on public network.

thats is for downloading

cable companies always say the optimum capacity of their lines which u or any1 else will never reach

however, satellite internet is very good for those with major uploading works.

Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold
    They also force a Fair Access Policy onto us, which limits the amount of information we can upload/download per day to about 300mb.
    OMFG!!!!! thats worse than prohibition of marijuana!!! given u probably "need to" use the internet more than marijuana... it sucks! up+down only 300 mb/ day!??!?

man, thats painful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast