Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1468 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Organic soil question

Im new to growing and to cann.com in general. Ive been reading up all of the wonderful information thats provided here and can across a question i wanted to ask to someone with more experience.

Is it possible to have a organic soil mix with enough nutrients to where addidtional ferts wouldnt be neccesary? If not neccesary would it still be possible to use other ferts to perhaps increase yeild? I got this one mix from another thread in here:

1 bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forrest pottting soil
    1 bag of FoxFarm Planting Mix with bat guano and earthworm castings
    1 bag of Light Warrior High Yeild blend
    8-10 quarts of perlite.
    1 cup of FoxFarm Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower Fertilizer (NPK 5-8-4)

If someone could gimme some feedback id appriciate it a bunch!

dodo
    DoDoFoShoDoe Reviewed by DoDoFoShoDoe on . Organic soil question Im new to growing and to cann.com in general. Ive been reading up all of the wonderful information thats provided here and can across a question i wanted to ask to someone with more experience. Is it possible to have a organic soil mix with enough nutrients to where addidtional ferts wouldnt be neccesary? If not neccesary would it still be possible to use other ferts to perhaps increase yeild? I got this one mix from another thread in here: 1 bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forrest pottting soil 1 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Organic soil question

i use everything FF...those are outdoor mixes right?
    :smokebong:
    whiskeytango

Organic soil question

another thing to do is to put a small weaker layer of dirt between a stronger dirt and your plants roots, doing this will help in minimizing burning of the roots/plant from strong mixes. it gives the roots a chance to adapt to the stronger soil

Organic soil question

Quote Originally Posted by DoDoFoShoDoe
    Is it possible to have a organic soil mix with enough nutrients to where addidtional ferts wouldnt be neccesary?
    No. Not for a newbie. You'll want to be able to control the nutes from week to week. Also, different strains of cannabis require different doses of nutes. (not all have the same nutritional needs)
    Really, as a newbie you should get to know the cannabis plant and how to get it to harvest, before attempting a 'hot' soil mix. Too many things can, and likely will go wrong. If you don't know how to recognise or correct problems, it could be disasterous.

Get to know the basics before attempting the experiments. Is this a container grow, or an outdoor grow? The Peace of Mind is a granular time-release fert, isn't it? Not an optimum choice for container grows. (if the fert is too 'hot' for your plants, how are you going to get the granular fert out?)
    Also, the more crap you add to your soil, the more difficult it is to troubleshoot problems.
    You may read a lot of posts with various radical techniques. (some of my posts, for instance) This does not mean you should go out of your way to copy these advanced techniques, without a proper foundation of knowledge.

Organic soil question

Quote Originally Posted by DoDoFoShoDoe
    Im new to growing and to cann.com in general. Ive been reading up all of the wonderful information thats provided here and can across a question i wanted to ask to someone with more experience.

Is it possible to have a organic soil mix with enough nutrients to where addidtional ferts wouldnt be neccesary? If not neccesary would it still be possible to use other ferts to perhaps increase yeild? I got this one mix from another thread in here:

1 bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forrest pottting soil
    1 bag of FoxFarm Planting Mix with bat guano and earthworm castings
    1 bag of Light Warrior High Yeild blend
    8-10 quarts of perlite.
    1 cup of FoxFarm Peace of Mind Fruit and Flower Fertilizer (NPK 5-8-4)

If someone could gimme some feedback id appriciate it a bunch!

dodo
    hi im am in northern ca around santa rosa im 46 and started growing when i was fifteen not realy knowing what i was doing until i served a appritaship and was lucky enough to be taught by good grows on the hills outside bodegabay and i will give u a mix that if u do rite u just need water no chemical or liquid ferlizers.i take 1 yard of prim top soil 2 yards of fox farm ocean forst mix together than i take blood meal,bone meal,bat gano,some sand and alot of perilite i mix it on big tarps watering some and keeping covered to build heat and bind,but hears the real deal at end of grow i take fifty gallon drums and make a mulch pile turning barells for about five months and than that is what gets mixed into all the other organtic stuff i dont even have to test soil ive did it so long but newbe should test ph i like at just under 7.0 or at hydro totaly different lower ph between 5.5 and 6.5 but out door u want a soil rich with availible neutrants with 7.0 ph but be where u can still have 7.0 ph and to hot of soil so dont over do blood and bone my mulch has alot in it to sustain plants they love this mix.i grow 8 ft plants in five gallon bucket and never give more than water the whole time through buding and all and i promise u the best tasting smoke u ever had.thier is actually a formula for the mix so it cums out perfect with ph and avilible npk and trace menerals they stay healthy and green if u would like more detailed instructions hit me back i promise i dont fk with chemical ferlizers nor organtic liquid either i dont need to try my mix it is time tested since i learned in 1980 thks hope this will help info by oldschoolmix o by the way 32 1.5 qb square foot bags of fax fam equal 1 yard

Organic soil question

Huh...?^^^
    And all in one breath. I'm impressed, lol.

I'm not a newbie, but I sure did have a problem with trying to follow what you were/are saying. Perhaps if you broke it down to more than one sentence, or omit the wanderings...?