Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1513 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

why does vapor make me cough?

I have a box with a whip and at 350 F I was coughing like a spasmatic it was awful. then I turned it up to 380 F and the cough has become ever so slight.
    I guess you have to just play around until you find whats right for you.

2.   Advertisements

I was coughing quite a bit I mean really bad hacking cough. I had my box vaporizer set at 370 after reading in here I turned down the temp to 330 and no more coughing. So for me it was the temp being too high.
    :vap_smiley:

I use an ez vape with a whip and have found that on high heat 370 F I cough like crazy I lowered it to 260 F and no cough went as high as 300 F and no cough:thumbsup:

Yes, I agree that the temp is the key...

Got this from another site, and works great for me...
    The best vaporizer temperature for marijuana/THC vaporization is approximately 365° Fahrenheit, give or take 20° depending on the moisture content of the specific herbs you are using. Sometimes you may only need a lower temperature around 355° and sometimes you may need to go higher to about 375-385°, but again this depends on the herb. If you go above 385° you run the risk of heating the herb too much and it almost becomes like regular smoking because the vapor is so thick. If you go below 350° you run the risk of not vaporizing all the THC and wasting some of you marijuana.

I have found that the temp needs to change depending on the herb i am using. If its a little dryer the temp can be lower, more moist higher temp.

Its the hot vapor hitting your throat......high temps = harsher vapor hits.......lower temps = smother vapor hits.

340-365*F gives off smooth vapor hits above that its gets harsher .....in my volcano anyway

drawing your vapor through a bong cools the vapor also...nice smooth hits

Does this mean if I made a bag at higher temp then let it cool down I would have a less harsher hit or not so much?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

The Best Vaporizer

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    your vaporizer is set too hot - try 325 F, check with a digital infrared thermometer, (you'll likely not see 2 vapes the same temp) ... :smokin:
    How are you gonna check the temp while you're hitting the vape? That's the vaping temp. Checking it while no air is being pulled through will give you a high reading. A true 325 F is kind of low. And the cheap digital boxes are pretty much worthless for providing an accurate temp. It is a fact that high temp vapor is quite a bit harsher than low to mid range. And some people do have a lot more trouble with coughing than others. Even after years of using the same vape model, my wife often coughs, while I never do.

Does this mean if I made a bag at higher temp then let it cool down I would have a less harsher hit or not so much?
    The time it takes to fill a bag should be plenty long enough to cool the vapor.

Kava kava tea or a couple drops of extract before you toke. It will numb your throat. It helps, but don't do it every day bad for your liver if you do

Quote Originally Posted by VapedG13
    Its the hot vapor hitting your throat......high temps = harsher vapor hits.......lower temps = smother vapor hits.

340-365*F gives off smooth vapor hits above that its gets harsher .....in my volcano anyway

drawing your vapor through a bong cools the vapor also...nice smooth hits
    Care to elborate on the bong set up? I have an EZ Vape and am looking for a way to cool the hits down to lessen coughing. How do you hook this up? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast