Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1582 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tincture of Mars

Tincture of Mars

Take about 1 oz buds and leaves dried. Chop or grind, then bake in the oven at 325 for 5 minutes. Put in your crock-pot on 175 degrees, with 8 oz food grade glycerin. Cook for 3 hrs., then add 2shots of 151 Rum, and cook for 1 more hour. Strain and then strain with cheesecloth. It drips slowly, not faster like with alcohol. It tastes great as is, because the glycerin is sweet, and the alcohol burns off, but I still add a drop or two of Pina Colada flavoring. (You could add any flavor.) You can use as is, but I like to add two or three Contents from Vitamin E Soft Gels. (If you add Kava during the cooking , it will add to the pain relief and sedation also.) I didnâ??t add Kava. I took about 6 drops, and felt it within about 20 minutes. This is nice, smooth, great tasting, and is great for pain. It really stretches the bud too, and makes use of the leaves. I ended up with almost 7 ozs and it only takes a few drops for me. Itâ??s a nice golden color, and is not nasty like some tinctures. I wanted to see if i could increase the extraction by using Glycerin and alcohol. I just thought Iâ??d share. Enjoy. I gotta flyyyyyyyyâ?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦â?¦ LdyMarsRN :hippy:
    LdyMarsRN Reviewed by LdyMarsRN on . Tincture of Mars Tincture of Mars Take about 1 oz buds and leaves dried. Chop or grind, then bake in the oven at 325 for 5 minutes. Put in your crock-pot on 175 degrees, with 8 oz food grade glycerin. Cook for 3 hrs., then add 2shots of 151 Rum, and cook for 1 more hour. Strain and then strain with cheesecloth. It drips slowly, not faster like with alcohol. It tastes great as is, because the glycerin is sweet, and the alcohol burns off, but I still add a drop or two of Pina Colada flavoring. (You could add Rating: 5
    :angelsmiley: We are like angels with one wing; we must embrace each other in order to fly.

2.   Advertisements

Tincture of Mars

Thats a nice recipe! :thumbsup:
    I spent some amounts of weed trying to make some recipe with glicerin without any great success... i had given up... but now i may try again, following your recipe. So, thanks for it! :thumbsup:

Tincture of Mars

Cool. I bought some glycerine a while back planning to make some tincture, but I never decided on a good recipe. This sounds good.

A few questions about the crock pot:

I have one with High and Low settings, not a temperature scale. Do you have a recommendation?

Also, can I put the contents in a pyrex measuring cup and just set that in the crock pot? I would probably make 1/8 batch the first time, and I don't think I want to try to retrieve an ounce of liquid out of the bottom of a big crock pot. I was under the impression that a crock pot needs to be relatively full to work properly, and that is why I am wondering if it would work to just set the cup in there.
    More of the same: Renger\'s Rantings

Tincture of Mars

The crockpot really needs a "keep warm" setting, or a temp. control to work, or it would get too hot. Try your double boiler set up, like you use with greendragon; it would be safer. (So it doesn't get too hot.) Enjoy....This stuff is soooo good, taste and feeling. :hippy:
    :angelsmiley: We are like angels with one wing; we must embrace each other in order to fly.

Tincture of Mars

Oh, it can be added to other recipes too! :thumbsup:

Tincture of Mars

Thanks for the recipe. I've been thinking about trying a few more tincture methods and really like the sound of this one.

Do you keep your crock pot lid on, or off during the cooking process? Just wondering, as I'm curious to know what glycerin is like for evaporation.

Cheers
    Flame :thumbsup:

Tincture of Mars

why is it called tincture of "Mars?" Mars was the god of war afterall. are we trying to be warlike now? j/k

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by beowulfgreen
    why is it called tincture of "Mars?" Mars was the god of war afterall. are we trying to be warlike now? j/k
    I know you were joking, but I think it is a reference to her screenname, LdyMarsRN. Or it could be that it sends you to Mars when you try it...
    More of the same: Renger\'s Rantings

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by Flameon
    Thanks for the recipe. I've been thinking about trying a few more tincture methods and really like the sound of this one.

Do you keep your crock pot lid on, or off during the cooking process? Just wondering, as I'm curious to know what glycerin is like for evaporation.

Cheers
    Flame :thumbsup:
    I left the lid off of the crockpot. There wasn't much evaporation during the glycerine phase.

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider
    I know you were joking, but I think it is a reference to her screenname, LdyMarsRN. Or it could be that it sends you to Mars when you try it...
    It is out of this world....LOL!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast