Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1696 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by beowulfgreen
    why is it called tincture of "Mars?" Mars was the god of war afterall. are we trying to be warlike now? j/k
    Nope...Don't want to fight. Had to call it something, and I made it by "winging" it. Best I could think of. My given name means "of Mars". So now you can say you have met a real, live Martian! :hippy:
    :angelsmiley: We are like angels with one wing; we must embrace each other in order to fly.

2.   Advertisements

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by LdyMarsRN
    Nope...Don't want to fight. Had to call it something, and I made it by "winging" it. Best I could think of. My given name means "of Mars". So now you can say you have met a real, live Martian! :hippy:
    Have you been to the new restaurant on Mars? It's been getting mixed reviews --- good food, but no atmosphere.
    More of the same: Renger\'s Rantings

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider
    Have you been to the new restaurant on Mars? It's been getting mixed reviews --- good food, but no atmosphere.
    :S2:
    :angelsmiley: We are like angels with one wing; we must embrace each other in order to fly.

Tincture of Mars

Quote Originally Posted by LdyMarsRN
    then you have the same name as my grandmother. a fitting name for the tincture then :thumbsup:

Tincture of Mars

I made another batch, but this time I simmered it at 175-200 for 8 hrs. Much stronger this time. Hummmm...maybe better bud too? Not sure. Thought I'd share. I love the way this stuff tastes. :hippy:

Tincture of Mars

How do you self administer? Sublingually? In a drink?:question:

Tincture of Mars

Sublingually, You can put it in a drink, but it takes longer to take affect. Sorry I took awhile to answer; I'm out of town right now. Ldy :hippy:

Tincture of Mars

Thank you, Ldy. I shall try this recipe immediately & will post as to my results.

Tincture of Mars

I am finally making this today. I ground about 4 grams of good bud in a coffee grinder and decarboxylized it at 325F for 5 minutes. I put the bud in a pyrex measuring cup with one ounce of food grade vegetable glycerine I bought at a health food store. I covered the cup with aluminum foil and put it in an electric roaster with a temperature control and set the control at 200F. I'm planning to cook it for 8 hours, but I might check it at about 4 hours.

The roaster is like a large crock pot, but instead of a ceramic crock that sits inside the heating mechanism, it's a large metal roaster. And instead of just High and Low, it has a thermostatic heating control with different temperature settings. The thing is, I don't think the temperature control is accurate. I set it at 200, but it didn't seem to be that hot when the indicator light turned off. I got my digital barbeque thermometer and set the probe inside the roaster, and it only read about 170. I cranked it up to 250 and it went to about 210. I want to hold it about 200, so I'm backing it off a few degrees to get the temp inside the roaster that I want.

I tasted the glycerine before adding it to the mixture, and it is an interesting taste. It is sort of sweet. It wasn't what I expected at all, even though other people had said it is sweet. If this works, I expect the tincure to be a lot more pleasant flavor than Green Dragon.

This is the first time I did the decarboxylization process at 325F for 5 minutes. I have always used 200F for 20 minutes when I made green dragon. The weed looked a little more toasted than usual, but not burnt. I did not notice any vapors like some people have mentioned. It also did not seem to stink up the house as much as usual.

I'll post back results later.

Tincture of Mars

This is on my to-do list (along with qwiso, bho, & cbutter) for when my plant is ready. I had some very good glycerin tincture from an LA dispensary about 6 months ago, so I know it can be done.

I've also read just about whatever I can find on glycerin tincture of cannabis on the web, and there are a LOT of disappointing attempts. Most of the other recipes I've seen don't involve decarboxylating, use very low heat, like a light bulb, & take a long time - a couple of months. This recipe looks much more likely.

Lady - first, thanks for the recipe. How many times have you made this? Have your results been consistent?

Dragonrider - I look forward to your results. I very much appreciated your posts in the Master Wu GD thread. I've made the Dragon 5 times now & it's worked spectacularly well.

Hashbean420 makes a tincture with glycerin & buddered bho - there's a video on youtube. Seems to me that Coelho tried to make a glycerin tincture by adding green dragon to glycerin; he reported the hash oil just precipitating out of the glycerin. Bho + glycerin would seem to be a straightforward way to go - if it could be made to work.

I just looked at hb420's video again, & it looks like only a small percentage of the bho actually dissolves in the glycerine. Which would work just fine if, like hb420 seems to, one had a basically limitless supply of bho... we should be so lucky...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast