Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1962 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Is religion necessary?

I don't believe religion is necessary for anyone. I myself am a believer, but I know that there are others that have lives with the same fulfillment as mine that don't believe. I think religion can be as simple as live and let live. No one should have to deal with beliefs, whether for or against religion, stuffed down their throat.

I feel the same way about cannabis use as I do about religion. I'll talk about it if asked, but it's not something I'm going to bring up out of the blue unless I know that person is mutually interested.

:hippy:

Is religion necessary?

Alot of great responses.
    I also dont hink Religion is necessary but it is supposed to be a kind of guide that helps our spirituality grow. Too many people forget this and ultimately seem to be worshiping the religion more than God.

Is religion necessary?

First of all, you shouldn't assume people pick their faith based on feelings. There are a lot of people that believe the historical record provides ample evidence that their faith is not misplaced.

Secondly, I don't think we need religion in today's society. But I do think we, as mankind, need faith. Faith is putting your religion into practice. It is saying, "I believe this so much I'm actually going to live it." If someone goes to church every Sunday but it doesn't effect the way he lives... then he has religion with no faith. Sadly, most people in America have such a religion.

We should all love each other and love God as God has loved us, and we should all do unto other's as we would have them to unto us. If everyone had such faith then the world would be a better place.

:rastasmoke:

Quote Originally Posted by bhouncy
    I used to post on the spirituality board but got bogged down with people who post their beliefs as reality. They have faith. Being agnostic on these matters it was difficult for me to comprehend how a person can give up reason and pick a path based on feelings. I have similar questions to those who are looking for answers but I'm not content with any religions answers. It's like religion has hijacked spirituality. But I'm not here to debate such things. I'm interested to know if religion is necessary.

Do we need religion in today's society?

I've not really thought too much of my own answers although the cogs of my mind are whirring away as I type. I would like to get other peoples thoughts on the subject.

4.   Advertisements

Is religion necessary?

Although many people world-wide cling to religion, I ask myself why these people can't accept reality on it's face. The interjection of the mysterious or superstitious is not requisite to understanding life.

Is religion necessary?

Short answer: No

Is religion necessary?

Quote Originally Posted by jsn9333
    First of all, you shouldn't assume people pick their faith based on feelings. There are a lot of people that believe the historical record provides ample evidence that their faith is not misplaced.
    What I mean by feelings is that we base our decisions on how we feel about something. You can logically go through all the arguments and read up on all the historical records but in the end it either feels right or it feels wrong. Einstein couldn't accept certain theories because his feelings where telling him that they were wrong and through that he went against what was 'known' and came up with his own answers with his equations.

Some people will go against what they feel is right because logic tells them otherwise and this can cause conflicts and lack of congruence.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234