Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1307 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

i love to play drums when im baked

i had a passion to play guitar when i was high, i would come up with some of the coolest idea's and enjoyed it very much, the last 6 months i got back into drumming and just tear it up when im baked, ill be sweating my ass off and just keep going sometimes for hours pounding away.

sometimes ill wake up at 7am on the weekends and do a wake and bake, go down the basement wearing nothing but my boxers and start blasting away :jointsmile:
    invision Reviewed by invision on . i love to play drums when im baked i had a passion to play guitar when i was high, i would come up with some of the coolest idea's and enjoyed it very much, the last 6 months i got back into drumming and just tear it up when im baked, ill be sweating my ass off and just keep going sometimes for hours pounding away. sometimes ill wake up at 7am on the weekends and do a wake and bake, go down the basement wearing nothing but my boxers and start blasting away :jointsmile: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Haha I have to admit that I also drum while wearing bowers, it is great when your high, have you jammed with anybody? I love jamming when im high, making up weird ass shit and getting caught up in it.

I don't play the drums but I've always wanted to, any advice on practice I could do at home until I can find a drum set to slam on and someone to teach me how?

I love playing, baked or not. After shower naked sessions are fun too hahaha.
    To funkmaster - get some sticks (borrow or buy) and start practicing some basic rudiments. If you can't afford a drum pad to do your rudiments on use a text book and a towel and go at it!

Quote Originally Posted by sonic titan
    I love playing, baked or not. After shower naked sessions are fun too hahaha.
    To funkmaster - get some sticks (borrow or buy) and start practicing some basic rudiments. If you can't afford a drum pad to do your rudiments on use a text book and a towel and go at it!
    I already have the sticks, and I have a bongo that I might be able to use... :jointsmile:

using the bongo might not be a bad idea, it will give good stick rebound like a snare would, Rudiments are good to know, they seem worthless at first but make sense when you apply it to the entire kit, when you get the basic idea of what your doing try and lead with your weaker hand from time to time too.

a basic rudiment is L= left hand R=right hand

R-L-R-R-L-R-L-L

just repeat this pattern until you can do it so fast it sounds like a blur, it will take a very long time to go fast at first but it will come together will practice.

Quote Originally Posted by invision
    using the bongo might not be a bad idea, it will give good stick rebound like a snare would, Rudiments are good to know, they seem worthless at first but make sense when you apply it to the entire kit, when you get the basic idea of what your doing try and lead with your weaker hand from time to time too.

a basic rudiment is L= left hand R=right hand

R-L-R-R-L-R-L-L

just repeat this pattern until you can do it so fast it sounds like a blur, it will take a very long time to go fast at first but it will come together will practice.
    Thanks much, that really helped. I practiced on the bongo for a long time, held it between my knees while sitting in chair, and the more I just sat there and concentrated on doing it the easier it seemed to get, I just need more control with my left hand and I should be good. Also, a friend is hooking me up with his old drum kit for cheap tomorrow, so I'll have that to start slamming on.

I play the air drums when Im high.:thumbsup:

Especially to some Rage Against the Machine
    Alchohol = The devil\'s elixir while MJ = God\'s herb; It all makes sense
    Always strive \"to know, and to search; and to seek out wisdom, and the reasonableness of things.\" Ecclesiastes 7:25

lol

I prefer playing air drums over air guitar usually. I guess since I play real guitar, it takes the fun out of air guitar. But air drums are awesome. I might go steal some from walmart today. sike. I would never do that.

But seriously, I love drums man...I usually try to get in 5 minutes when my band practices. Much better when im drunk.

I can play RockBand drums, that's about it.

Bass or guitar on the other hand, I'll tear that shit up.

Nothing like blazin up and playing some Death From Above 1979. I just wish I knew some drummers around here so I could jam with someone else