Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1604 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

MM Patients Can Now Be Fired For Using Medical Marijuana Even with Doctor Approval

Quote Originally Posted by 8182KSKUSH
    Employers do have the right to discriminate who they hire and who works for them. They can't discriminate for "certian" reasons, but MMJ hardly qualifies as a civil liberty. Choosing to use it is not the same as your race, religion, sex preference, gender, ect...
    That is why employers can discriminate. I use MMJ, don't get me wrong. But it is a plant. Current federal laws just make a bigger issue than it should be. But employers can and do discriminate and should have the right to.:thumbsup:

IT'S THEIR GOD DAMN BUSINESS!
    But I'll guarantee you they don't discriminate on individuals using opiate-based prescription pain medication...I see it as more of a matter of compassion..Someone who uses marijuana to treat pain is just as efficient of a worker as is someone who uses opiates..And perhaps even a more efficient worker if marijuana is more effective than are the conventional meds..

MM Patients Can Now Be Fired For Using Medical Marijuana Even with Doctor Approval

Constitution huh?
    Does that apply to everyone or just people that smoke weed?
    Does the constitution apply to someone that owns their own company? Because if it doesn't that's where I am all messed up I guess.

It is a matter of personal choice and compassion. I know if I wanted a higher paying job that I knew I had to piss clean for, I would piss clean.
    You could always start your own company and run it exactly the way you want to. Anyone could, that's why I don't agree with you at all. Maybe some of us have, maybe we would like to not have our personal liberties trampled on. The constitution applies to everyone equally I thought?:wtf:

3.   Advertisements

Thank god, my job is cool with it.:rastasmoke:

The jobs that dont require tests wouldnt care as long as you are making the company profit. And if they try to fire you soley over this then they most likely have something against you and you were gonna get fired anyways

what about this....

i work at wallmart for roughly 6 months and stocking shelves, got tired of that so went on to maintenance and working with floor cleaner and wax and other shitty chemicalls for a bit and we coat the clothing floors with floor cleaner/then wax.. after the 1'st time doing this i fealt all messed up like stoned but in a WAY more intense way, my lips turned blue, and i couldnt taste anything for a week... so i end up haveing to go to 2 hospitals 1 being the drug test and the other is an asessment for 3 days i had to stay there with them stairing at me the whole time..

then i was transported back to my work and this new manager takes me in and askes me if he is stupid ? and then i get fired.. for what i ask.. he sais you tell me, i say i didnt do anything wrong so you tell me.. then he askes me if he is stupid again and said im fired..

i ask a 3'rd time "why am i being fired" and he finally sais for gross misconduct and also you have been useing marijuana.. "ok give me proof of this acusation" he sais your test results came back positve for a VERY small ammount of marijuana and other bullshit he read off the list (is it possible to have test results come back positve for certain chemicalls if breathed in ?).. then walks me to the door.. but i know it was the floor cleaners fault haha ! nothing can be done about it now though o whell.

o yea i was also stuck with 1 of those intervenises and that sucked big time

OMG if thats true, then 2/3 of the workforce in the state will out of a job. Stupid idea. What if a CEO or vice chair uses MMJ? Companies will close down or go through some kind of fucked up changes. Stupid law.

Quote Originally Posted by smokealot123
    what about this....

i work at wallmart for roughly 6 months and stocking shelves, got tired of that so went on to maintenance and working with floor cleaner and wax and other shitty chemicalls for a bit and we coat the clothing floors with floor cleaner/then wax.. after the 1'st time doing this i fealt all messed up like stoned but in a WAY more intense way, my lips turned blue, and i couldnt taste anything for a week... so i end up haveing to go to 2 hospitals 1 being the drug test and the other is an asessment for 3 days i had to stay there with them stairing at me the whole time..

then i was transported back to my work and this new manager takes me in and askes me if he is stupid ? and then i get fired.. for what i ask.. he sais you tell me, i say i didnt do anything wrong so you tell me.. then he askes me if he is stupid again and said im fired..

i ask a 3'rd time "why am i being fired" and he finally sais for gross misconduct and also you have been useing marijuana.. "ok give me proof of this acusation" he sais your test results came back positve for a VERY small ammount of marijuana and other bullshit he read off the list (is it possible to have test results come back positve for certain chemicalls if breathed in ?).. then walks me to the door.. but i know it was the floor cleaners fault haha ! nothing can be done about it now though o whell.

o yea i was also stuck with 1 of those intervenises and that sucked big time
    I would have told him "yes, you are stupid and thank you for firing me because i dont want to work for a stupid employer. Gonna get me a better career."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123