Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1582 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I want to move to AK, but have Q's

Hi. Weed is 100% legal in AK from what I have read.

I want to move to AK because I currently am persecuted for growing/smoking the erb.

I can grow and blaze in AK legally.

Only problem is I am a high school teacher and I know that high school did expel that kid over the "bong hits 4 jesus" banner.

Do they drug test teachers in AK?

Are there any job openings/ any need for teachers?

Will anyone bitch if somehow anyone accidentally found out I grew/smoke? I mean it is legal right...
    melodious fellow Reviewed by melodious fellow on . I want to move to AK, but have Q's Hi. Weed is 100% legal in AK from what I have read. I want to move to AK because I currently am persecuted for growing/smoking the erb. I can grow and blaze in AK legally. Only problem is I am a high school teacher and I know that high school did expel that kid over the "bong hits 4 jesus" banner. Do they drug test teachers in AK? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

There's a huge need for teachers in Alaska. But as with any state, it's the sentiment of the parents and school committee you really need to worry about. I would advise utmost discretion when considering how to approach the issue of smoking/job interactions.
    Weed is not in fact 100% legal in Alaska. It is decriminalized for modest amounts and plant counts of 10 or fewer. The state does not make an issue of prosecuting personal-use level growers. Even in AK, growers are quiet about their habits. But it is indeed a safer climate in which to cultivate and smoke.

thanks Stinky!

Anyone else know about a drug test for teachers?

I am so excited AK does indeed need teachers. I was so afraid I would move there and be unemployed and homeless in the snow

Peace

As with all moves, you should line up a few interviews BEFORE you even move. Check the state job posting BB's. I think it's folly to move before getting a job, ANYWHERE, and Alaska is a VERY expensive move and the cost of living is a bit steep so it's even more important to have all your ducks in a row before taking that plunge.

well if you want to move to alaska i suggest moving to wasilla its a great town and almost everybody smokes and they have a great high school and im pretty sure they dont drug test teachers because alot of teachers i know smoke alot of pot

And not to far out of fairbanks, which is also in need of teachers!!! hehe :hippy:

Well I smoked with a few substitutes throughout highschool, and a security guard, so I'm gonna say if they do drug test, it's probably only an intitial test.

And yes it's decriminalized, but there are still LEO's who will go out and take your herb and write up 100-300$ paraphenelia tickets.

move up, there is a need for just about everything, teachers included. espescially cool ones freindly with mary. i sure hope my kids teachers roast one at the end of the day, well the ones that dont i can tell, and they just arent as good, im sorry but its true. i wish i was a art teacher or libraran, thatd be cool .

wow

naw man
    my sister just became a teacher and they DO NOT drug test teachers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast