Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1691 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

WeedHound's Nute Schedule for Hydro/Botanicare

Thank god that one post made it. What kills me is that I know the entire page I typed is floating around somewhere.....but I can't access it......:wtf: C'est la vie....:stoned:

SO......here are the things I watch for in my plants that warn me my ppms are too high and I am burning them with too many nutes.

1. A quickly rising ph in a previously stable system. I find it will take more ph down than usual to get the ph in the solution back to normal and the number will rise again quickly over and over.

2. Leaf edges and tips curled down It pays to make sure your room temps etc are ok and then immediately check your ph....is it rising, etc? This is the stage that I like to solve the problem before it gets any worse.

3. The ppms in your solution will start rising very quickly......as the plant leaves the nutes behind and sucks up water like mad to try and compensate. It also pays to check your ppms daily since you WILL be checking your ph all the time just to get an idea of your daily trends. Then when something changes it will get you wondering whats up.

Luckily all an easy fix in hydro....just add water to drop your ppms back about 100-150. (check ph....always check ph!! ) It takes a few days for plants to get back on track from nuteburn so watch ph carefully and keep checking and diluting the solution as needed until the plant stabilizes.

that sounds good, I wondered about the cal/mag with tap water. So my tap water is 130 so add 170 cal/mag and 300 nutes. no, go with 130 plus the nutes to get to my desired level? that is what I originally thought but I want to do the best job I can. Thank you for going through the trouble of finding out!!

3.   Advertisements

To have been made a sticky.....I want to thank.......:jointsmile:

Stinky any chance we could change the title to Weedhounds Feeding Schedule...Weedhound Kindly Accepts Donations....

Plant, you are absolutely right about my error. Thanks for pointing that out.....I completely missed it.

In week 3 of Bloom the solution should be Pro Bloom NOT Pro Grow. Once I go to the bloom nutes in week 2 i do NOT go back to the Grow nutes at ALL.

Hi Plant....actually no CalMag at all......Just the grow nutes and whatever supplements you want.

It's probably easier from your end to look at the total number of ppms for a certain week and reduce that number by one third.....then quietly add your 130 of tap water.

For instance......week 2 of veg....my total number of ppms are about 200 (using CalMag). In your case you want your number to be about 2/3 of that BEFORE YOU ADD the 130 ppms from your tap water. So you would want about 125- 140-ish ppms of Pro Grow and then add 130pp of your tap water on top of that. Your total ending number would be HIGHER than mine....yours would be 250- 270.

See with tap water you get to toss all that chatter about magnesium and calcium out the window......UNLESS you start having a problem later. For now you should just worry about using the nutes etc at 2/3 of the total....minus your tap water ppms. It would pay to start low and add things slowly as I mentioned before....easy to burn especially when they are young.

You will also want to make sure that your tap water will hold a stable ph....that was the problem I had with my well water that made me turn to RO water. I could not get the ph to stay in the desired range for long no matter what and immediately stopped having the problem after switching to RO water. :thumbsup:

well I've been soaking hydroton in ph'de water for two days and so far so good. Town water and never had trouble in past. PH stays pretty darn good once set. Should have everything up and running soon. Just having second thoughts on which system to go with this time around. DWC, flood...I really liked the scrog years ago when I used it, but that is so much veg time and work!! I'll also have some pics soon! Thanks again for your valuable help!

If your tap water stays stable with the ph it sounds like you are good to go. :thumbsup: Don't let that hydroton escape until it submits phwise...that stuff is a BEAR to keep stabilized.

I've only used the one drip system so cannot offer any pearls about different systems better/worse. Hopefully others will chime in about which ones they like and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound
    To have been made a sticky.....I want to thank.......:jointsmile:

Stinky any chance we could change the title to Weedhounds Feeding Schedule...Weedhound Kindly Accepts Donations....

Plant, you are absolutely right about my error. Thanks for pointing that out.....I completely missed it.

In week 3 of Bloom the solution should be Pro Bloom NOT Pro Grow. Once I go to the bloom nutes in week 2 i do NOT go back to the Grow nutes at ALL.

I am so glad that you got Stickified! I'm smiling a bit too since I am proud to be one of those that 'nudged' you into putting this together. I think something like that happened to Flameon with the Cann Caps... Hmmm, now who might have done that??

Anyhow.... Cheers WH -- puff puff pass -- to the right!!
    :joint1:

Quote Originally Posted by PlantHeadJ
    well I've been soaking hydroton in ph'de water for two days and so far so good. Town water and never had trouble in past. PH stays pretty darn good once set. Should have everything up and running soon. Just having second thoughts on which system to go with this time around. DWC, flood...I really liked the scrog years ago when I used it, but that is so much veg time and work!! I'll also have some pics soon! Thanks again for your valuable help!
    DWC and SCROG can be used together super easily. It just takes a bit of planning to make sure you can check and change your res easily. I used to do drip but went to DWC and have stayed there as it is simple and easy to maintain. No problems with roots clogging up the bucket drains or hoses. That is my :twocents:

I definitely wrote this at MVP's request........yes, you may have my autograph but no royalties....

OOOH, OOOH, an AUTOGRAPH! Whoopie!!! Do I get the ONLY autograph? It's gonna be worth that much more now! Somehow I thought there were other 'nudgers' involved in getting this masterpiece published... but I will proudly take the Sole Autographed copy.... :woohoo: :lol5: :lol5: :woohoo:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast