Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1679 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Official HERBALAIRE Page

Quote Originally Posted by phlups
    you can also order it from them directly....
    herbalAire - Smokeless Herbal Vaporizer
    Yes but why pay $15 more for shipping when you don't have to.
    Vaporizers.ca has the best price if you're in Canada, and buy from them on ebay and they include a free grinder.

HerbalAire 2.1 Desktop Vaporizer - Herbal Vaporizers - Store - Vaporizers

HerbalAire H2.1 Desktop Forced Air Vaporizer - eBay (item 370029809089 end time Mar-16-08 10:05:01 PDT)

2.   Advertisements

Both links are for the same company. Most of the big on-line dealers sell on ebay, usually at a discount and/or with free shipping and/or extras. You won't get the grinder or free shipping buying straight from vaporizers.ca, only through their ebay auctions.

Since the manufacturer ships it in a brown box, I would think you'd get the same from a dealer. There's no big label or anything on the box. If you're worried about someone asking about the box or the sender's address/name, get it delivered to your friend's house.

I use my herbalAire every day and have been for almost 2 yrs. I don't use it much for direct draw but it heats up in a couple of minutes and you can get some quick hits that way. For bag use it's great. I don't like the thicker bags they're supplying with it now. They won't burst if you overfill, but if you get distracted and forget you're filling a bag the vapor will leak out (like a safety valve). I use Toppits oven bags (Reynolds are cheap too) and make different size bags. It's easier and cheaper to make multiple bags than the Volcano, easier to clean, and just as efficient at extracting THC. It does fill slower than the Volcano, but making smaller bags and switching them off compensates. It's got a separate pump so there's more 'stuff' to deal with, but it's not a big deal to me. The pump is pretty quiet and if it should fail just buy an aquarium pump.

Great choice....you're gonna love it....
    I've had mine for a couple of months now and use it everyday....I now find myself starting at 355 until there is no more vapor, then I break it up a little and turn up the heat to 360....I keep doing this routine until I get to 370....it always comes out a medium brown and I'm always cooked afterwards....I use 2 pea sized pieces (do not grind them) and it fills the crucible about halfway....I've smoked a couple of times with a bong since I started using it and I'm just disgusted by the taste and smell of smoke now....I can't imagine life without a vaporizer now...my lungs and health have improved dramatically since I stopped smoking.

I use 2 pea sized pieces (do not grind them) and it fills the crucible about halfway
    Those are some big peas :lol5:. How much you use is personal choice according to bag size, number of bags and users, etc., but your warning about not grinding is worth repeating. Not only is it totally unnessary to grind for the herbalAire (it's extremely efficient at penetrating and vaporizing the bud), it's better to use pieces so that no finely ground herb gets either down below the heating chamber or up into or past the screen.

Greetings My Fellow Friends....

I am 49 years of age and have smoked the MJ Herb for nearly 35 years. The last few years have been hard on my lungs and I have constant bouts with chronic bronchitis.

I have a very stressful job and I have always relied upon having high quality smoke available to relieve the stress. I grow my own herb and am very pleased with it's quality. However, even with using the best bong in the world, I still get sinus infections and my bronchitis eventually begins to act up...it is not pleasant to say the least...

Therefore, I intend to order the HerbalAire early next week from a particular distributor in California. They are on back order and should arrive sometime next week....

I have never Vaporizied before and am hoping that I am making a good choice for the money. The Volcano is a little too much for me to spend at this time.

Also, I wanted to know from some old timers if there is any compromise with the mellow high that one receives from smoking good herb? It appears that if I do not smoke in a few days, I really have a hard time sleeping and become irratible to some extent. Will the high be compromised and be less pleasant that smoking?

Please if someone could advise me in regard to my concerns and choice of Vaporizer it would be really appreciated...

Thank you,

Lifesrun

I am 49 years of age and have smoked the MJ Herb for nearly 35 years. The last few years have been hard on my lungs and I have constant bouts with chronic bronchitis.
    You will love vapor in comparison to smoke. I had bad bouts of bronchitis when I was a kid, and until the last few years colds would frequently get into my chest and make me miserable. I quit smoking cigs over ten years ago but mj smoke was bothering me to the point where I thought I'd have to give up weed entirely. Vapor is sooo much easier on the lungs. No more smoker's cough, I've got a lot more wind for exercise-I love it.

I have never Vaporizied before and am hoping that I am making a good choice for the money. The Volcano is a little too much for me to spend at this time.
    Yes you made a good choice. I've been using mine for almost two years. HerbalAire has great customer service. It's just as efficient as the Volcano at extracting the good stuff, and although slower to fill a bag, it's cheaper to make and use multiple bags. Set it for about 370 and all your herb will end up fully cooked-brown and crispy. I use different sized bags. I usually fill a small one first and suck on that while another is filling. I recommend getting some extras. I've got extra main mouthpieces (not a good name-you don't put your mouth on it), extensions, and crucibles (bowls), so I can always swap out for clean ones. Crucibles can go for years without needing to be cleaned, but they're easy to accidentally squash, at least for me. The only part I soak in alcohol is the main mouthpiece (for the screen). If you clean the heating chamber with alcohol, make sure you turn the unit upside down, unplug, and leave it for a few min. to dry. You don't want any kind of liquid to get down below the chamber.

Also, I wanted to know from some old timers if there is any compromise with the mellow high that one receives from smoking good herb? It appears that if I do not smoke in a few days, I really have a hard time sleeping and become irratible to some extent. Will the high be compromised and be less pleasant that smoking?
    Vapor doesn't suck the energy out of you nearly as much as smoking. It's a cleaner high, avoiding sleep inducing toxins. So although vaping just before bedtime doesn't really keep me awake, it does often delay me from going to bed. I find that a couple of hours after a vaping session I'm sleepy and ready to crash for the night.

Just unpacked my new HerbalAire..........everything looks pretty good.....will let you know how it works. This is my second vaporizer, after reading all the posts here I decided on the HerbalAire.:thumbsup:

ok, so here is my review of the HerbalAire, which btw is a really long name to type.........:hippy:

is it a good idea to use burned weed? You know when you roach joints, then you take the remaining weed out and vape that? is that good for you? i have couple of roaches here for a rainy day.
    You could but I wouldn't recommend it in your new herbalAire. It could get a little messy and the taste would be pretty bad. I wouldn't used finely ground weed in it either, at least not without an additional screen in the bottom of the crucible and another near the top. You don't want little particles getting below the heat chamber or up into the screen on the main mouthpiece and even into your bag. This vape will do great with small pieces and that's what I'd use if possible. The herbalAire is a fine piece of equipment and should last for many, many years....if you take care of it.

If you want to vape roaches I suggest a cheap glass vape like the Vapolution Pocket Vaporizer or the Ubie. Even better use a pipe and smoke 'em.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast