Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1723 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Can you sex a plant by the seed?

I was wondering, if its possible to tell the sex of a plant by the seed. Because if theres a way to, it would save me alot of time.
    richardisdope Reviewed by richardisdope on . Can you sex a plant by the seed? I was wondering, if its possible to tell the sex of a plant by the seed. Because if theres a way to, it would save me alot of time. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

nope

you count buying "feminized" seeds.

This is an old myth that went around when I was a young hippie. There was even a poster printed up- and we all tried it.....and we still got males! Doncha think that if there was a real way to tell, we'd be doing it by now? Grow your seeds, cull the males and take your clones - just like the rest of us. - Granny:hippy:

haha ok i will

I can remember years back there was a FAQ regarding sexing by seed with photo of seed that wasn't even cannabis. Many people tried it, and confirmed it's a myth.
    Not great experiences for me with fem seeds, so don't use em. I do however sex all my seedlings before week 4, using an eyelupe to differentiate preflowers. Current grow at day 21 from seed germ with 15 seedlings under a 400mh and just identified 3 males that got booted. I count on early sex detection to allow for prime lighting for the females. Don't won't to increase light/footprint and waste on males.

I certainly don't think theres any way, but some people sure do

GG that's funny. I've seen that guide before and laugh every time. Seeds come in a wide range of sizes and even shapes but they vary by STRAIN, not sex.

Stop spreading propaganda!!
    \"Keepin\' it legal\" :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Stonerdude
    If the seed has a little slit in it, commonly called a "vagina slit", then you know for sure it's a fee fee seed!:thumbsup::smokin:
    Haha! I don't think my fiancee would like that, but it cracked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    GG that's funny. I've seen that guide before and laugh every time. Seeds come in a wide range of sizes and even shapes but they vary by STRAIN, not sex.
    You laugh every time? You obviously didn't read the guide in the picture. It clearly states that "this method is 100% accurate".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast