Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1318 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Best (safest) strain for first time grower.

Hey all.... I've been lurking for a while but just joined recently. A few months ago I decided I wanted to to start my own garden. I've built a CFL cabinet (48"X48"X72") from different posts I've seen here. Decided to measure the temps with the lamps on before planting just to make sure I was OK with ventilation before I started things. Things seem OK so I think I am ready to go.

After a recent trip to Amsterdam I have a few types of seeds that I brought back and wanted to get some opinions if any were easier to grow (or harder to kill) to help me through my first cycle.

Here is what I have:
    -- Barneys Laughing Buddha - The favorite that I smoked while in Amsterdam. Almost a psychedelic high.

-- Barneys Big Buddha Blue Cheese - Got 3 free seeds when buying the Laughing Buddha. Liked it alot.

-- NYC Diesel - Nice and fruity, was the hot strain when I was there.

-- T H Seeds PG-13 - Never smoked it but it was a new strain that was highly recommended.

So any opinions on what might be the robust plant or is it a crap shoot and I should just go for the one I like the best?

Thanks in advance for any help.... Can't wait to start this.
    daedog Reviewed by daedog on . Best (safest) strain for first time grower. Hey all.... I've been lurking for a while but just joined recently. A few months ago I decided I wanted to to start my own garden. I've built a CFL cabinet (48"X48"X72") from different posts I've seen here. Decided to measure the temps with the lamps on before planting just to make sure I was OK with ventilation before I started things. Things seem OK so I think I am ready to go. After a recent trip to Amsterdam I have a few types of seeds that I brought back and wanted to get some Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Hmmm....have any bagseed? Anything bagseed will usually grow like a beast and be harder to kill than your average purebred seed.....although some pb seeds grow great too.

You might check on some of the seedbanks (google cannabis seeds) and read up on some of the different strains you've got there. Maybe that will help you decide.

For once I wish I had bagseed. Have not bought anything locally with seeds for a few years. :-}

I went ahead and started the Laughing Buddha yesterday reasoning that I had a decent amount more of those seeds than the others. Also, they have been feminized. I also heard that the NYC Diesel was best suited for outdoor growing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will be starting the new years with a big bang.

hindu kush or a type of skunk.