Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1529 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bunch of fluo tubes, or 250Watts HID,(And please check my sex!)

My plant is getting really big and really tall, so today i am changing the lights on it, and i really need your help.

I have 18/6 all the time, there are some high quality pictures there could some one tell me if is female or male?

Basically i am at two choices, one it is a bunch of fluo canoes, pending from the very top, bunch i mean at least 8 tubes.

And my other choise, its a very advanced HID kit, wich includes HM 250 lamp, and a HPS lamp, reflector, ballast and shit... for the two stages.

Wich one will grow my plant faster and stronger?
    ojitos1985 Reviewed by ojitos1985 on . Bunch of fluo tubes, or 250Watts HID,(And please check my sex!) My plant is getting really big and really tall, so today i am changing the lights on it, and i really need your help. I have 18/6 all the time, there are some high quality pictures there could some one tell me if is female or male? Basically i am at two choices, one it is a bunch of fluo canoes, pending from the very top, bunch i mean at least 8 tubes. And my other choise, its a very advanced HID kit, wich includes HM 250 lamp, and a HPS lamp, reflector, ballast and shit... for the two Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Not sure about the sex. They are good pics,though. Post more later today or tommorrow. You can't be rushin' sex! Flo's are GREAT! But I'm just Old School. I did step up to the digital ballasts. I would go with the HID if your wallet will allow it? A freebie from a friend is always the best!

Ga Grown!

Actually i am going for the HID, because it is more compact than a bunch of tubes, it is good 250 watts? or should i go with the 400 wattts?, it is nearly the same price....

you think could i grow a 1.5 x 1.5 meter area with this ones?

400 watts is very good for about 1 meter x 1 meter. (50,000 lumens per sq. m.) As you get into bigger grow spaces, HID lights are better because they're more efficient. A 400w HPS puts out about 125 lumens per wat...that's 70% more than a CFL (70 lumens per watt), and considerably more than even a T5 fluoro (90-100 lumens per watt). So you'll use less energy with the HPS. If you can ventilate it, I would definitely go with the HID for a space of that size.

Probably wont need either one. Pretty sure you have a male, looks like a ball in the 4th photo. Next time grow out a few seeds and use the 400w HPS. Good luck bro!
    \"Keepin\' it legal\" :thumbsup:

I am taking close-up to that zone hold on

There, for me looks just like new node of leaves :S....
    What you think?

it is really a problem in my stupid country to get some seeds, any1 know a method to get one without buying from internet?? i have heard that parrot food could work, what about it?

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure, but I would lean towards a male. But DO NOT kill it yet, you have no other plants to hurt with a male, so grow it out a few more weeks to make sure. Wait for alternating nodes.
    -NorCal Grown
    \"Keepin\' it legal\" :thumbsup:

I am very happy! just got my HID lamp, the light is incredible!!and the bulb is hugeeee...

in case my plant is male.. parrot food is weed seed? any1 knows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast