Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1707 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pot smoke more harmful than cigarette smoke???

So, I am hangin out here on another boring week night with the television on at the other side of the room. And the show on was "The Hour with George Strombalopalis", while he is talking about random bits of news he says "Attention Pot Smokers.....". So I glance over. George says "looks like your infamous plant isn't so great anymore, a recent study by the Canadian Government shows marijuana smoke to be more harmful than cigarette smoke. Precisley twenty times more harmful with more ammonia which is an active agent in causing cancer." I am not sure what to think now.... Is it an actual study or was it something twisted and used as propaganda that can be used as proof when Canadians try to legalize weed? For example the government could say "Well according to an official study marijuana smoke is twenty times more lethal than cigarette smoke so there is no way we will legalize it." I always feel good about smoking pot and what it does to my body but I am confused now. What is everyones opinion on this?
    KayaKanadian Reviewed by KayaKanadian on . Pot smoke more harmful than cigarette smoke??? So, I am hangin out here on another boring week night with the television on at the other side of the room. And the show on was "The Hour with George Strombalopalis", while he is talking about random bits of news he says "Attention Pot Smokers.....". So I glance over. George says "looks like your infamous plant isn't so great anymore, a recent study by the Canadian Government shows marijuana smoke to be more harmful than cigarette smoke. Precisley twenty times more harmful with more ammonia Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Go ahead and tell me, how this can possibly be true, and yet nobody has ever died from it!

Nobody has ever died from cancer? And 420... you can prove that mj has never caused cancer or any other health problems that people have died from?

And another study says there is information that it does which is why this person posted in the first place. ......I would think that dragging smoke into your lungs ALOT would be much more likely to cause lung problems.....I'm NOT talking about marijuana overdose here.....but other health problems caused by SMOKING pot. In MY OPINION ONLY I think it's much healthier to eat it.

Well you gotta die somehow I guess, and i'll die smoking pot

Do you know what I REALLY dont understand about a lot of you guys and among others is when someone mentions the negative effects on marijuana you guys automatically assume that its fake and that its some government propaganda. Do you guys honestly think that marijuana is completely harmless? lol. I do believe that cannabis is more harmful than cigerattes..... what now? you going to ask me to show you a link trying to prove my point. I dont need to point out shit your not my parent you people should already know that its bad on the body. Actually what am I saying what the fuck is the point?!? Even if anyone posts any links you idiots are going to say its fake so whats the sense fellas..... uhh?!? How in the fuck can you talk like its actually healthy for you? You guys (some of you) arent even scientists, just some stupid ass stoners getting high (smoking many joints each day...some of yous) acting like its a good thing. Some believe it can cause cancer some dont. But damn it people, start acting mature about these things. Seriously stop making sound its the safest thing around ITS NOT!!!!!!!

I just posted that link showing that no matter what the argument, there's going to be some study arguing for the different side. Obviously inhaling smoke in your lungs is not good for you, but I don't think that smoking marijuana responsibly will cause lung cancer considering marijuana smokers smoke considerably less than cigarette smokers. Cigarette smokers are inhaling a lot more smoke into their lungs each day and often in a row than MOST marijuana smokers. Obviously there are exceptions.

Well mseerob your ill informed buddy. Most of us on here are educated, & knowledgable about weed. Our Passion. YOU should do more reading before spitting your words out. Marijuana has not single handedly killed One person. Obviously its not harmful. This topic has been discussed many times.. Also people who defend MJ arent stupid ass stoner idiots..lol Your wack. It's because we have already done the research unlike you.

spagett said it "Obviously inhaling smoke in your lungs is not good for you" yup

For reals though it causes cancer..?lol mofo they are giving it to cancer patients now to help with what cigarettes or other negatives has caused to them. PEACE:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by mseerob
    How in the fuck can you talk like its actually healthy for you?
    Cannabis has been proven to help with many illnesses and it has saved peoples lives, ive never heard of someone being helped at all by smoking cigarettes. Im not going to deny that it is unhealthy but there is no way that its less healthy than cigarettes, even if cannabis has singlehandedly killed people, which i do not believe, it must be a very small number of people or else there would be some sort of statistic to show this. I challenge anyone to tell me that they really beleive that smoking cigarettes doesn't kill people.

Also like JDMboy420 said, they give it to people to treat cancer, just another reason i find it hard to believe that it could cause cancer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast