Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1452 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Tips for Specific Strains.

Anyone have tips for growing Pure Power Plant (Nirvana), Satori (mandala), or NLxC99 (Joey)? I'm starting those soon.

Right now I'm working with Moroccan x Afghani and Durban Poison (both from Nirvana), so tips for those would be greatly appreciated as well.

One thing I noticed about DP is that it can only take about half-strength ferts, and even then you're at risk of burning them. A lot of people seem to have trouble with this strain, but I think that's because they're growing them from free seed (my free DP seeds had a 40% germ rate and only 75% of the ones that sprouted survived past the first two weeks. the ones I bought had a 100% germination rate and 100% survival). Also, the buds keep their anise flavor despite Nirvana's strain being crossed with skunk #1. The heights of the DP weren't uniform (there was up to a 1ft difference in height between some female plants, 2 months old), as I expected since I ordered from Nirvana. Despite testing for a low percentage of THC, the bud was top-notch. It gives a clear-headed, cerebral, uplifting high. Cured, it smells like anise accompanied with a sharp citrus-like smell that can make your nose tingle a little. Some phenos also have a slight skunky smell in that mix, but from my experience it all has the same high (though some phenos left me a little burnt out while others had no noticeable burnout).
    Jouryokujin Reviewed by Jouryokujin on . Tips for Specific Strains. Anyone have tips for growing Pure Power Plant (Nirvana), Satori (mandala), or NLxC99 (Joey)? I'm starting those soon. Right now I'm working with Moroccan x Afghani and Durban Poison (both from Nirvana), so tips for those would be greatly appreciated as well. One thing I noticed about DP is that it can only take about half-strength ferts, and even then you're at risk of burning them. A lot of people seem to have trouble with this strain, but I think that's because they're growing them from Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Tips for Specific Strains.

NL99 grows by itself ... light-to-medium feeder, very tolerant ... under a 400HPS, mine grew 48" untopped, 40" topped, in height ... yields pretty well, very low odor ... I veg 8 weeks, then start seeing first amber trichs around 50-55 days in flower ... highly recommended strain :thumbsup: