Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1702 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Making Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question

hey,

I read on a site that seemed like it was legit (but had no scientific proof) that you can just put finely chopped cannabis buds in a jar with canola oil and wait ~24 hours (shaking periodically) and then pour it through a cloth to separate the leafs from the oil and you'll be left with canna-oil with THC. The thing that struck me as odd is that this mentioned that you didn't need heat at all.

Of course I would be heating it eventually to cook the brownies but is this true? Can anyone back this up? Can I really make canna-oil without heat, and just by waiting?

Thanks.
    jasher Reviewed by jasher on . Making Canna-oil Without Heat: A Question hey, I read on a site that seemed like it was legit (but had no scientific proof) that you can just put finely chopped cannabis buds in a jar with canola oil and wait ~24 hours (shaking periodically) and then pour it through a cloth to separate the leafs from the oil and you'll be left with canna-oil with THC. The thing that struck me as odd is that this mentioned that you didn't need heat at all. Of course I would be heating it eventually to cook the brownies but is this true? Can anyone Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

also: if i'm just making 1 batch of brownies, can I use an 1/8th of mids? How much do yall suggest?

Whatever amount you use, consume about 1 gram per serving. An 1/8 is ok, just eat 1/4 batch and wait an hour. Heat the oil/butter in a double boiler, it'll be a lot more potent this way.

Eating 1/4th a batch of brownies (8x11 pan or something) would be an outrageous amount of food. So I guess I need to use 1/4th an ounce? (oh, and I've changed from mids to quality KB)

Also, it's important that someone comments on the non-heating question because I might not "be able" to use a stove, and if it wont work without heat, this might be all called off.

no it wont work without the heat. you need heat.

you can find a stove.... in a campfire outdoors. just make a campfire, put your pan on that, and make your oil. USE HIGH HEAT. high heat transfer is the best.

you need heat definitley.

maybe you heard that you can put a jar with weed in direct sunlight, then strain it out and it will get you high. that would probabally work, in summertime.

but as for just putting the weed in a jar, then letting it sit indoors, and just using it then.... no way. it wont work.

thank you.

It'll work without heat. Just adjust the amount to get the effect you want. Be warned, too much raw bud can give you a stomach ache. Take it easy.

pepper, please elaborate. So you're saying that I can do it without heat but I need to use more bud? Could I just wait like a full week for all the THC to go into the oil? Also, do you know it will work from personal experience?

I'm going to be using 5 grams of quality/KB in 1/2 cup canola oil. Will all the THC go -> oil within like 5 days you think?

Ideally, someone who has tried this will be able to put in their 2 cents, but I don't think this'll happen.

"Be warned, too much raw bud can give you a stomach ache. Take it easy" << About this: I'm going to strain the bud out of the oil and then only use the oil, and I will cook that and only eat the final brownie product. So I don't think this will be a problem.

NOTE: I just don't understand why one can extract into alcohol without heat but yet you need heat to extract into canola oil..?

THC in the plant is in the form of an acid. Heat breaks this acid down into psychoactive THC. Without heat, this THC will stay inactive.

I would suggest grinding the bud into a powder in a coffee grinder. Place the oil in a warm place, anything over 105F is good enough to begin activating the THC acid. The bottom line is you have to heat the bud or else the THC that is in acid form is not psychoactive.

Just do it and see for yourself. I was just encouraging you to consider heating the oil to make it work better. It will still work without heating. If you eat a brownie and it's not enough after 90 minutes then take another. Adjust your recipe as needed for your needs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast