Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1667 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Marijuana for Anxiety

I know that different people have very different reactions to marijuana, but I was wondering if there are any studies showing the effects of marijuana on treating anxiety.

I searched the forums, and found a lot about depression and such, but not much about anxiety alone. I've recently had some more stress in my life with college and other personal issues. It's nothing that I can't handle, but as a result my anxiety has been acting up again.

I was wondering if Marijuana could be used effectively as a treatment for anxiety, because I have no desire to get a prescription SSRI, such as paxil. I've had a few friends and relatives who have had very bad experiences with these types of drugs.

If anyone could shed some light on this subject, that would be great.
    GanjaMan7 Reviewed by GanjaMan7 on . Marijuana for Anxiety I know that different people have very different reactions to marijuana, but I was wondering if there are any studies showing the effects of marijuana on treating anxiety. I searched the forums, and found a lot about depression and such, but not much about anxiety alone. I've recently had some more stress in my life with college and other personal issues. It's nothing that I can't handle, but as a result my anxiety has been acting up again. I was wondering if Marijuana could be used Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Marijuana for Anxiety

Yes and No. Weed calms people down to bring them to a relaxing low. However at times either it being the fear of getting caught or a frighting sound, sometimes you get paranoid. I would worry about that if you have anxiety, cause i think you anxiety would kick into high gear. Another problem i fear is that you would become too reliant of the drug. Weed is illegal so you would have a chance of getting caught, and i strongly feel any kind of drug should never be depended upon to carry you through a day. I have insomina. I have an extremely difficult time falling a sleep, and weed helps out alot. Still i dont smoke every night. Just control your self if you do it.

Final Verdict - try it out, if you have a bad experiance then just stop. If it helps, then just use it.

Marijuana for Anxiety

weed helps a lot with my insomnia and anxiety, and just stress in general. i recommend an indica variety because it is less stimulating and more narcotic.

Marijuana for Anxiety

Agreed with Darkside, I treat my anxiety and bipolar with it and always feel fine.

Marijuana for Anxiety

I find it EXCELLENT for anxiety/insomnia/panic attacks. I can't smoke mexibrick; pure commercial sativa lines wind me up too much and the high is uncomfortable. Pure indicas are much more helpful to me. In fact, I got off Celexa entirely and rely on herb alone to treat the problems I was having.