Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1463 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

My journey alone into the wilderness

Quote Originally Posted by Fotokopie
    Johnny Cannaseed!
    haha

Good one.

+Rep for you mate I respect anyone who has the testicles to do what you're doing.

But why are you taking bananas?

3.   Advertisements

Oh its bandana's................ my bad.

hahahah bananas
    I mean, if a trooper sees a joint in my hand, and i\'m at the wheel of a car, i\'m busted... but for some reason, I never get pulled over for eating too many candybars...

hey photokopie!

stop sending me nasty im's

I dont get it!
    [COLOR=\"DeepSkyBlue\"]Its not what we have, but what we enjoy, that constitutes our abundance\"

\"when ya have more than ya think, ya need more space\"

\"society your a crazy breed\"
    [/COLOR]

:rastabong:

Legalise Medical Marijuana

I find that T.S. Elliot quote rather ironic. You have a lot of stuff on that list.

someday I want to embark on a similar journey. recently, in the hustle and bustle of life, i've been feeling like for some reason, i need to prove to myself my actual worth on this planet. our society dumbs us down so much, it forces us away from nature. so many of this earth have lost their connection with nature. I don't understand how a person can be afraid of a simple bug as a spider when not even hundreds of years ago, we were living alongside such critters.

i think people need to realize not only their worth on this planet, but more importantly, other organisms' worth on this planet. the ecosystem is such a delicate and fragile thing, the slightest alter with be magnified. i think taking a journey like this will teach me a lot about the environment around us.

I don't plan on taking nearly as much stuff as you do. but don't forget to bring a pen and paper. you're going to want to record your thoughts, keep a journal, ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis Chron
    You have a lot of stuff on that list.
    It's going to be rough. I have no illusions about that. And so I am trying to prepare for everything. I'll be alone out there. If something comes up, it's up to me to deal with it. No one is going to be there to save my ass.

Hypothermia and hyperthermia are the 2 biggest risks of getting back to nature on foot. So I would expect a sleeping bag and a tent to have a higher use value than a firearm and ammo in most situations. Granted I have never hiked with a hand gun, so I can't comment on their usefulness, but I have kicked myself severely in the past for failing to carry adequate shelter.

I think the best way to decide what is really essential is to pack it all up and then take a stroll with it. Then unpack and start culling the dead weight. Trim the kit and repack until you can carry it comfortably at an average walking speed over flat ground.

Then test the kit. Set it up in the backyard and camp out. Sounds silly? Not really, if you have to go back into the house to get something, you know your kit is inadequate. Cull again and try again. When it works at home, take a couple of short trips.

This way you can find the flaws in your kit... long before your life depends on what's in your rucksack.

Leave only footprints, take only memories. Happy travels :hippy:
    Typing does not equal activism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghengis Chron
    I find that T.S. Elliot quote rather ironic. You have a lot of stuff on that list.
    haha i was thinking the same thing. personally i wouldnt bring a REVOLVER... hunting knife and a hatchet can make you whatever weapon you need.

Interesting plan. Much respect to you for going through with it.

I suggest you bring a backup knife that is serrated. It will come in handy for cutting wood to make a shelter and tools, and it will keep you from dying if you somehow lose your SEAL knife.

And you can make the sleeping bag and tent work, no shame in that.

...And if you're going out there long enough to grow some pot, you should definitely bring vegetable seeds too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast