Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1763 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Busted: A citizen's guide to surviving police encounters

Its never a good idea to go fuck with cops.

stay under the radar

Quote Originally Posted by 50centsaday
    Just when the country thought it was going to get rid of Bush and his wiretapping civil rights violations, along comes Barack Obama.

January 9, 2003 BO sponsors bill in IL Senate (SB0008) that allows taped eavesdropping in controlled substance and marijuana cases and allows those tapes to be admitted as evidence at trial.

-50centsaday.net
    I think you're reading it wrong. If I were arrested for pot, I'd want the conversations I'd have with police to be taped. I can think of few things scarier than me being in court with only my word vs policemens' word... and you know there'd be more than one policemen against you.

Obama supports cannabis decriminalization, but now that he's taking down Hillarytron and has a chance of winning he's toned it down and actively supports medical cannabis alone. None of the candidates that might actually get elected will be better than that. And frankly, even acceptance of medical cannabis is a shit ton better than what we've got now. Baby steps is the way to win.

I know he's not Ron Paul, but RP didn't have a chance of being elected. Just saying the truth we all know... for whatever reason, it wasn't gonna happen, now or ever. Realistically speaking, Obama's the next best choice.

I'm a chemical engineer. I can say that if you wrap pot in plenty of zip lock bags, the mass diffusion rate of pot through the bags will be too low for anyone to smell it. You might want to consider putting wrapped pot inside a bag full of water or something, and maybe freezing it too... never tried that though, but I'm pretty sure it'll work. Chemistry is fun!

The better choice here would be to leave it at home, or take a tiny bit you can swallow... like other people said. I really liked the video though, but I doubt a cop will take kindly to anyone asserting their rights.

Quote Originally Posted by netdog
    Yes they will do what they want because they can.. Go ask Rodney King about that... Some are just looking for you to give them an excuse, but not most.

I care that I have rights, but I don't have the right to carry weed, and the cop has rights too, to haul me in to jail if I am carrying, to search me and my car if has probable cause, and to beat me down if I resist. Those are his rights.

Carrying weed makes me a criminal. I don't have a lot of rights in that situation.

Keep that car clean, up to date and all the lights working, and if cops gets ya anyway be friendly and respectful and play the game... It works our better.

Now if I'm NOT carrying, than it's a different matter, but bucking up to cop instead of treating them like anyone else doing their job is just stupid. They don't mess with you unless your doing something stupid in the first place, and bucking up just makes it worse.
    Saying you don't want to be searched doesn't give them just cause to search you...

and lol@ saying you would not like to be searched without probable cause is bucking up to a cop:wtf:...no wonder pot's still fucking illegal in this country...I'd rather respect the forefathers of my country by respecting their willingness to give us protection.

you're not a criminal by wanting to assert your rights by any means whatsoever. I will NEVER IN MY LIFE consent to a search without probable cause(so long as I'm in America and protected by the bill of rights)

Fuck that shit. Just because we're only free to do what they tells us we're free to do doesn't mean that the constitution doesn't mean shit. It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent...WAY WAY too many of you have that ass backwards.

And for the record again, asserting your rights does not give them probable cause either. You may think it does for some reason, but it doesn't.

The reason we live in a police state is because of people like you who give the cops the right. I don't care if I have pot or not, but if I do have pot that gives me that much more of a reason to assert my rights. Why? Because I've been to jail, and it was because I was unaware and he told me that if I honest he could make it easier on me, boy was that a fucking lie. Six months probation and some fines later...I'd rather make it clear he doesn't have probable cause then once I go to court it will be made clear he violated my rights, if he chooses to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Markass
    Saying you don't want to be searched doesn't give them just cause to search you...
    Of course it doesn't. An he might even just let you drive off.

But all he has to do is say he smelled pot, he's got probable cause.

Or call out a K-9 unit, have it alert on command on the door, probable cause.

It may not be right, but a cop can get around your rights pretty easily if he wants to, and it'll probably hold up in court later. It's just wiser IMO not to give him reason to want to stop you in the first place, or reason to take you down if he does stop you.

To each his own man, just relating how I've gotten by 35 years without a bust, even getting caught red handed a few times. Do as ya will bro and good luck to ya. I've said all I'm gonna..

i have friends and family that are in law enforcement and we often discuss this while i smoke and they drink and take an occasional toke what that guy did was a good thing keeping windows up locking door then whays found cant be submitted in court cause of illegal s&s. get a real lawyer not a public pretender remember he gets paiid by the people who arrested you so it in his best interest for you to go to jail so they will have the money to pay him.

6.   Advertisements

i was just busted yesterday for possesion.
    im now kicked off my highschool soccer team =[

I just got this video yesderday!
    I already learned a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Whereswaldo
    i was just busted yesterday for possesion.
    im now kicked off my highschool soccer team =[
    Yikes. No government grants/scholarships for you to go to college!

Yeah one time on a friday night I had just smoked a fat bowl in my car and then proceeded to drive home. i got caught up at a DUI checkpoint a few minutes later. so i'm like "oh fuck" the whole time, nervous as hell, rolling down my window to let it air out for 5 minutes or so...and when it's my turn to be questioned the officer noticed the smell of weed. he made me pull into a parking lot where officers searched my car briefly. he asked me if i had smoked any weed , i said YES, on my lunch break at work 6 hours ago ( a blatant lie--more like 20 minutes ago). He gave me a field sobriety test and I passed it . he told me i am "impaired but not intoxicated", whatever that means. I was really polite to that cop and he told me that if i hit someone and kill them i'd be charged with manslaughter and DUI--then the surprise. He said, "it's on you". and he let me go, to drive away in my car-- impaired, but not intoxicated.

I was so surprised and relieved because I had weed in my car which they did not find, a pipe in there that they did not find.... but the simple idea that he was a reasonable man made me feel like not every single police officer is a fucking Nazi.

Or maybe he felt sorry for me. Or maybe he was just too lazy to write me a ticket and arrest me.

EDIT: this is the 666th post for me. bwahahahaha

well me and my friends got pulled over yesterday...

he pulled the driver out of the car, not sure exactly what they talked about, and he allowed the car to be searched. god, well he ended up finding a bong, a bottle of jack daniels and a bag (like half an eighth) O yeah and i feel o so stupid, the officer told us to hold still as he talked to the driver, and they were gone for like 5 min, and i could have pretty easily reached down and grabbed my jacket which contained like 1/5 gram of keif left. but i didn't and he ended up finding it, god i feel sooo stupid i didn't do anything, all i had to do was put it in my shoe and i didn't i just locked up and sat there

now im just hoping i can learn from this and use different strategies for my advantage, and have the guts to not consent to a search.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast