Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1609 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Busted: A citizen's guide to surviving police encounters

i'm pretty sure
    in Utah if you're pulled over for speeding
    they can search you...

Did anyone notice, unless Im wrong, that at around 35 minutes when the 2 officers were in the ladies house, they arrested here and walked out of the room....leaving the weed on the fucking dresser!!

That shit made me laugh.

Here's another point of interest not stated. HAVE YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE ALWAYS. Although you may not think it, cops in most states have the right to arrest you On The Spot for not having a license. I mean immediately step out of the car, no questions, handcuffed, your car is then searched, whether or not you consent. If they find a pipe, they'll call it warm whether or not it was and you bet your Ass your going to jail for a DUI, no field sobriety tests or anything. Simple as that, they do what they want and make up reasons for it. Also, NEVER ADMIT TO ANYTHING, you may think it will just piss the cop off, and if you admit yeah man I was tokin he may just let you off, HA! They have microphones for a reason, assume the cop is Not going to cut you a break. Like the adam and whatshisface video linked, assume the cops cannot relate at all to being human. If your car smells and you have to crack the window and the cop asks you why... well your windows broken. He wont figure out that its not if you have your license, dont consent, play it cool. I disagree with the cigarette part, light that sunabitch as soon as he pulls behind you. You can say your a chain smoker, it may keep him from smelling the stuff in the first place, and if he smells something it will give you a point to argue in court. No sir your honor, not pot, just clove cigarettes.
    I often engage in role playing games or activities in which certain scenarios are played out. To me, this is an RPG, an MMORPG even. No more serious than the characters on World Of Warcraft.
    Any discussion of activities which could be considered illegal by either Federal or State laws
    are purely fictional and should be regarded as such by all website participants and observers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream of the iris
    If people didn't have balls back in the 50's then the civil rights movement would have been stale therefore I encourage you guys to do this, however, in this point in my life I really can't afford to stir up a little revolution. My life is too important for me and this Mj laws is only a discrepency for me rather than a profound affect on my lively hood.....if I want to smoke I just do it at my house and grow my own stuff. I'm saving my energy for the real fights such as more restrictions on the freedom of speech if this whole muslim thing gets worse or if this North American Union deal goes into effect.
    This is MMj's problem most ppl have the same attitude they all
    just wanna grow it,smoke it; but not stand up and fight for it!!
    If everyone who smoke's cannibis would get out of there closet's
    and stand up !!Fight!!and tell the U.S government to make it legal!!
    anybody have a estimate of the number of patients in the U.S.A
    millions:wtf:

5.   Advertisements

The biggest problem people have is their defensive from the start with cops. If you treat them with respect, straight forward answers and look them right them in the eye, let them know you know they have authority, they will generally let you go. I got pulled over in the middle of a deal, I had an ounce under the seat; cop comes up, ask what I'm doing, I said just driving around, than asks if I have been smoking any dope. Said no once again with a giggle to make it seem like absolutley not, and he let me go.

I'm a pretty old fart now, smoked for 35 years, and have learned a few things.

You don't challenge a cops authority unless your ready for some pain and a long hard fight. He's able to do about anything he wants, and all you can do is hope to make it up later, with lawyers and a lot of expense.

Best is to keep your shit together. Current pates, current inspection, insurance, ALL your lights working etc.

It's well known cops expect and look for drugs etc. from someone who drives with expired shit and non working lights etc. If ya don't believe me ask one some time.

Keep cool with the cops, keep the attitude he's just doing his job and know it's always easier for him to let you go than to bust you, and most cops are looking for a reason to let you go if you give it to them, not all but most.

Act the fool, buck up and get in their face, and it turns into looking for a reason to bust you down every time.

I've been caught with an oz of pot several times, never been busted yet. Was caught with a dozen small plants, no bust. The cops either dumped it out or took it, and let me go on my way. I've also seen guys take beatings Rodney King never even dreamed about and everything in between.

I was let go because I always show respect, let em know I know they have the authority, and they are just doing their job, and I'm a decent guy that doesn't need to be taught a lesson.

They WILL get a dog to search your car if ya don't let them most of the time, they will bust you if they have to do that.

Or just don't carry more than you can swallow..

Quote Originally Posted by netdog
    I'm a pretty old fart now, smoked for 35 years, and have learned a few things.

You don't challenge a cops authority unless your ready for some pain and a long hard fight. He's able to do about anything he wants, and all you can do is hope to make it up later, with lawyers and a lot of expense.

Best is to keep your shit together. Current pates, current inspection, insurance, ALL your lights working etc.

It's well known cops expect and look for drugs etc. from someone who drives with expired shit and non working lights etc. If ya don't believe me ask one some time.

Keep cool with the cops, keep the attitude he's just doing his job and know it's always easier for him to let you go than to bust you, and most cops are looking for a reason to let you go if you give it to them, not all but most.

Act the fool, buck up and get in their face, and it turns into looking for a reason to bust you down every time.

I've been caught with an oz of pot several times, never been busted yet. Was caught with a dozen small plants, no bust. The cops either dumped it out or took it, and let me go on my way. I've also seen guys take beatings Rodney King never even dreamed about and everything in between.

I was let go because I always show respect, let em know I know they have the authority, and they are just doing their job, and I'm a decent guy that doesn't need to be taught a lesson.

They WILL get a dog to search your car if ya don't let them most of the time, they will bust you if they have to do that.

Or just don't carry more than you can swallow..
    glad to know you don't care that you have rights :thumbsup: Unfortunately, I have many more years ahead of me, and I'll be damned if I'm going to allow them to step all over my rights, sure we live in a police state, but they're not going to do anything they want to me just because they 'can.' they damn sure will get a fight from me, I'm fully aware of my rights and I will enjoy asserting them. I'm not afraid of their badge, unlike you.

If your shit smells thats probable cause. If there is no odor and driver "appears" ok capsule of vehicle is easier for them to search. Cases get droped with dog hits. My friend just beat one. We watched the search on DVD from the police car. The dog hit smells on his trunk but the search took to long they were fishing for a bust. Case thrown out $16,000 was voucherd and he had to call the cop on a Friday to P/U the $$$. Which he did Friday afternoon same COP blew his fucking brains out in the precent. The evidence room and Vocher room had to be gone through the COP was taking the shit. When he called for the $$$ the Cop knew he was caught so he killed himself..:thumbsup:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/indoor-gr...ds-grow-4.html(check Out the Rubber Beds)

AMERICA\'S #1 We should all be proud of this great Country. It is just upsetting that laws prohibit us from growing certain flowers in ou
    r GARDENS!!!!

All Pics posted are from a source who lives in Hungary were the LAWS are less Stringent when it comes to Gardening... \"I CAN NOT GROW A CHIA PET\"

Quote Originally Posted by Markass
    glad to know you don't care that you have rights :thumbsup: Unfortunately, I have many more years ahead of me, and I'll be damned if I'm going to allow them to step all over my rights, sure we live in a police state, but they're not going to do anything they want to me just because they 'can.' they damn sure will get a fight from me, I'm fully aware of my rights and I will enjoy asserting them. I'm not afraid of their badge, unlike you.
    Yes they will do what they want because they can.. Go ask Rodney King about that... Some are just looking for you to give them an excuse, but not most.

I care that I have rights, but I don't have the right to carry weed, and the cop has rights too, to haul me in to jail if I am carrying, to search me and my car if has probable cause, and to beat me down if I resist. Those are his rights.

Carrying weed makes me a criminal. I don't have a lot of rights in that situation.

Keep that car clean, up to date and all the lights working, and if cops gets ya anyway be friendly and respectful and play the game... It works our better.

Now if I'm NOT carrying, than it's a different matter, but bucking up to cop instead of treating them like anyone else doing their job is just stupid. They don't mess with you unless your doing something stupid in the first place, and bucking up just makes it worse.

Don't freak out, dont bitch, exploit the situation if you can, dont if you cant, keep a clear mind and try to understand the situation.

I didn't actually watch the video as it doesnt seem to work for me, watched the adam and joe one posted later though. I've spent ages sitting reading every post in this thread and the information and views given here are amazing.
    I don't drive so I don't have much to add here and only ever have had a few encounters with the law. None of these are weed related but hopefully something can be learnt.

Driving Encounter
    Police were at the edge of a small town, it was at night. My friend was driving with no seatbelt on. My friend refused to pullover, said something like his doctor told him not to wear the seatbelt, refused everything. So my friend said if he wasnt under arrest was he was free to go and basically drove off. Im pretty sure there was a no seatbelt related court case as he refused the on the spot fine. The cop was absoultely dumb struck by the way my friend acted and really didnt know what to say...oh...by the way my friend used to be a cop but now he has settled firmly on the wrong side of the law.

Through the eye of a pig
    Heres some piggy stories just to let you know how the law operates around here...at least used to.
    Piggy has told me many stories of how he has had to stand by and watch fellow officers beating the shit out of people. From what I gather the cops would either take you back to the station and fuck you up or do it out of the publics view.
    But sure the superior officers would do something? Yeah it would usually be them deliverin the beatin.

*note to self - ask about cop stories to do with weed*

Right ive said enough, as usual im vastly goin off topic, "the vid was great and very useful, ill fuck with all the pigs now, thanks"

Hopefully you guys and ladys can take something from this post, please do..ive spent way too long in this thread

ps : ramble on about human rights all you want, but weigh up everything in the situation, dont rely on one thing to carry your ass through
    +
    roll with the punches!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast