Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1693 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Busted: A citizen's guide to surviving police encounters

i paid $250.00 u.s. dollars for this advice from an attorney.
    "JUST SAY NO". pass that to all of you for free.
    anytime a cop asks permission to do anything,"JUST SAY NO".your not gonna beat the ride but you can beat the wrap.
    dont be a smart ass and dont be rude even if he is, nowadays everything is on video and audio.this benefits you more than them believe it or not.the camera is the only non biased witness therefore the best witness for you and its undisputable evidence in court,for you and them.usually they say i smell whatever and i can search your car anyway if i want but id like to have your permission "JUST SAY NO". now this will piss them off because now they are no longer in control of the situation.and they dont like that at all. if you aint rude about it and just state matter of fact that you are within the bounds of your rights not be searched. if hes gonna do it he doesnt have to ask and probably wont , hell just say he's gonna do it if he really has probable cause.he saw a joint in your ashtray you forgot about or you had residue from rolling one and driving on your shirt, ect.ect.thats probable cause and so is smelling it.

its all a game , learn to play the game and use the rules to benefit you, not them.they have to play by the rules to a certain extent.and if you dont know the rules your fubared.

if your getting jacked or think you are being harassed by the cop at all, ask to have a supervisor come out to the scene. im not sure about all police depts but most they will have a super come out and you can talk to him instead.
    dont let your emotions get the better of you be cool and calm and just say no.
    dream has alot of good points but dream you should never ever incriminate yourself, so if you have something on you you arent supposed to for sure you say no.if you got some good dank they are gonna smell it. especially under the dash where its gonna get into the ac or worse the heater. never carry more than you are willing to eat.was always my phrase.

my mom calls it being invisible,all your lights work,including your liscensce plate light. tags and inspection are good. little stuff to give them a reason to pull you over.as far as speeding,well if you go 1 mph over around here youll get run over. a lil slower than the flow of traffic is usually good.most people run 10mph over here, i usually run 5-7mph over. never had a speeding ticket ever.(knockin my own head now to knock on wood).
    I wont be wronged,I wont be insulted,and I wont be laid a hand on. I don\'t do these things to others ,and I expect the same from them. -John Bernard Books

wow lot of posts from that which was expected lol. Blazin you're absolutely right and there is not a damn thing I can argue with you on that. If people didn't have balls back in the 50's then the civil rights movement would have been stale therefore I encourage you guys to do this, however, in this point in my life I really can't afford to stir up a little revolution. My life is too important for me and this Mj laws is only a discrepency for me rather than a profound affect on my lively hood.....if I want to smoke I just do it at my house and grow my own stuff. I'm saving my energy for the real fights such as more restrictions on the freedom of speech if this whole muslim thing gets worse or if this North American Union deal goes into effect. Oh and fiddy I wasn't implying that you incriminate yourself I was just saying if its apparent that you could potentially get out of it even if they searched your car then go for it....Personally the only time I would use just say no technique is if I knew that was the only way to get out of it...like if I had pounds in my car or something, but if its like an eighth its better to either hide it really well before even leaving the house or to just eat it.
    \"Look hard in the mirror. Look at that ghost that stares back at you. Look at that faded spirit that longs to act in this world but cannot because the mind is fearful and holds it back. Placing limits on things, and boundaries everywhere.\" -Rev

3.   Advertisements

yep never carry more than you can eat.
    always been my rule.
    heres a good scenario for ya.....
    i was checking mail at an old address a couple of weeks after i had moved,it was around midnight, the house was next to an apartment complex,that was a crack den.so as i pull out i see the k-9 cop sitting there,im cool and im legal all the way around.so as i drive by he shines his mag light into my face,well that to me is a no no so i pulled into my friends property about a 100 ft away and park,because as soon as i passed him with the light he turned and started after me.hes gonna jack me up.
    my buddy wasnt home and i knew it because his car wasnt there but i went to the door, and knocked, cop pulls up and yells to get my attention,of course being pisssed off about the light and generaly being an asshole ,i ignored him.each time he yelled i started knocking again.then he finally said fatboy isnt home.that was the final straw to insult my buddy so i walk over and ask"what the fuck do you want asshole?"immediately he is floored and does an uhh uhh then proceeds to tell me he could write me a ticket for not using my turnsignal,when i came out of the drive way, my response "i hope you break a finger writing it up asshole."now he really doesnt know whats up and asks me what i was doing comming out of those apartments, i said i wasnt he called me a liar and i told him he needed to get his eyes checked.then he asked why i was acting like an asshole and i told him about the light and how he pissed me off and that i wasnt some crackhead he could fuck with at his pleasure.
    he hasnt had asshole recieving training heheheh and ima gonna give him some, so he goes back to the apartment questions and still calling me a liar, so i say my former address is xxxx do you know where that is,he says nope like the fuckin dickhead he is
    and this lets me bereate him on not knowing his own area that hes working in for a few minutes.and i explain to him its right in front of the apartments, and the two driveways entering the street are side by side,he saw me at my mail box so he knew i wasnt coming from the apartments.finally he asks do you have a drivers id and i said yeah, well can i see it ,why do you need to see it i asked. then he goes into if you got one you dont mind me seeing it,ahhh yueah asshole i do mind give me some probable cause and you can see it,he said no turn signal ,i said ok,im clean as a church mouse,he keeps on whinnin about me being mean to him and runs my id, im on a motorcycle at the time and then some crack head walks by he knows and so he starts rousting her, now im waiting around while he is busting her,after ten minutes and noticing a storm blowing in hard i need to split so now his buddys are there helping him cart her off ,so i said hey asshole wheres my id i gotta roll the rain is comming i dont have anymore time to fuck with you. you shoulda seen those other two cops faces hehehe it was worth all the times i have gone to jail .home boy wrinkled his face and went and got my id and i cruised.
    but wait theres more to the story......

a few days later the crackheads robbed the house i was at checking the mail and broke into the store room which had jet skis and motorcycles gallor in it....yep guess who shows up officer asshole....heheheheh he saw me and you could see he just slumped lol. the guys house i was banging on the door called me after he saw that cop a few days later apparently he knows my buddy pretty well, not by being arrested i can say,anyway he said that cop thought i was a fuckin looney toon....heheheheh i was. i was pissed off about the light in my eyes...

the other side............dreams side
    it was 3 am im comming back from dropping a guy off and going to the grocery store as i come to the stop sign i see that the house is covered in cop cars fire trucks and this is a town of like 400 people you have to drive to the next town to get groceries
    so they woke up half the town to come out to the house...
    im thinkin holy shit what happened and i roll on in the driveway.
    get out grabbing the groceries as i go to the door of the house,only 10 ft away and two steps into it i have a cop hounding me asking whats in the bag boy? i answered groceries. and kept walking into the house dropped the groceries on the counter and as it didnt have a back door crawled out the kitchen back window to see what was going on out in the back yard.leaving the cop standing there lol.
    barney fife and his crew are all around a fire we had going in an old propane tank that was cut out and has a grill on it for the chilli cook off this guy puts on and we had some crate wood at the motor cycle shop that needed to be gotten rid of best way on a cool march night is to sit around drinkin and burn it. it cant be burnt as fire wood it was pine slats so it worked real good for a camp fire. anyway the law is that there is no fires after sunset in there city....now electrical andy is totaly waisted so he tells freewheelin that they are gonna have to move to god dammed alaska cause they cant get no peace here,of course barney fife pipes up that you can go to jail for that ,meaning cussing of course,then andy says now you can go to jail for going to goddamed alaska well thats it he looks over at curlys dog apropraitely named dog to sick em ,fife yanks himself 3 ft in the air trying to get his gun unholstered that he didnt undo the strap so he almost knocked himself down all the while the dog is lookin at andy going what is sickem? im thinkin the whole time its after midnight so there fore it isnt sunset anymore and it is now pre dawn the next day,freewheelin says whoa dont say nothing we want them to leave and leave us alone we are putting out the fire. and we did and they left. what i didnt know was the van parked about 20 ft away from the fire, had a pound of cann in it......
    i was also told never roll up when the lights are a flashin a freewheelins house .... heheheh
    so theres both sides and i understand both dream...
    i do custom paint so i have alot of airbrushes and the hoses look like water pipe hoses being in a beater car with a paper tag in a small town doesnt help from getting pulled over and when the cop saw a hose in a clear case in my car even where you could see the airbrush in the case,still yanked me out of the car didnt ask me shit,searched my car and told me it looked like a waterpipe hose, after the fact. of course he found nadda,wasnt anything to find. i think the best point is just be cool and dont get pulled over in the first place has always been the best advice legal=invisible to those guys.
    one more thing i have learned if you know the rules of the game like they do, they dont really want you to play the game.they cant railroad you,and they will try to. watch the show the first 48, most of the people incriminate themselves and never ask for counsel when they get interogated and thats in a homicide case.
    dont get me wrong about cops i have some that are friends,i grew up with friends whos dads were cops, but their pricks to anyone that doesnt know them even when they arent in uniform,i know they deal with the crust of the planet but they signed up for it,they knew what they were getting into.
    no reason to take it out on eveyone else for their decision. and most do.excuse my grammer and spelling please.
    speedy
    I wont be wronged,I wont be insulted,and I wont be laid a hand on. I don\'t do these things to others ,and I expect the same from them. -John Bernard Books

Quote Originally Posted by Dream of the iris
    Woah guys hold the phone! I'll agree with this video on the pedestrian part and the house part but do not under any circumstances LISTEN TO THE CAR PART!!! He's right about those laws being your constitutional rights but lets step back into reality here. Everything those stoners did in the car scene is giving that officer reason to suspect something illegal is going on. Though it doesn't give him the right to search it does give him the right to do other things. For one thing he cracked his window which is an indication that he's attempting to hide the smell. Also he refused consent which is the stupidest thing anyone can do. Also he locked his car which would obviously make him suspicious. Though all these are very well in our consitutional rights doesn't mean it will really save you. By doing all of those it will certainly raise an eyebrow for the cop in which case he would then call for back up, I.E the k-9 unit. Cops are allowed to detain you for as long as he likes even if it meant all day. So after getting the k-9 unit to come by though they couldn't physically get in the car they are allowed to sniff around it which is generally enough for a dog to sniff out pot. If the dog goes nuts and starts scratching to get in thats probable cause which is enough to search your car and that would lead to your doom. Even if the k-9 unit really didn't smell pot the cops literally train the dogs to go nuts when they say phrases like "go get it boy". By training them to go nuts like that it makes the dogs believe their "toy" is in there which would cause a false read. So heres my advice...

First off if your driving around with anything illicit find a really good hiding spot like the speakers or under the dash board. Usually hiding it in really low or really high places makes it more difficult for the dogs to sniff out. The stupidest thing would be to put it in one of those shaving creame cans that screw off....cops know all about those things. The only way those things would work is if you had other things around it to associate it with like in a shaving creame kit inside a duffle bag. So you have a super good hiding spot right? If a cop pulls you over just act calm and cool. Don't fidget, don't smoke a cig, don't shift your eyes. Just look him straight in the eye using your poker face. Cops gonna ask you what to do and of course you don't admit to any wrong doing but he may or may not ask you for a search. IF HE ASKS CONSENT! The reason being is because if you don't that will raise the eyebrow. More than likely the cop is going to search through simple places like glove compartment and under searts. He more than likely won't unscrew the car just to get to it. After he does a quick search just be on your way.

This video is 100 percent true about the legality of it but not really accurate about the reality of it. The best thing to do is put yourself in the cops shoes and make it appear as if you have nothing to hide. Keeping a clean face and a safe location are good starters but there a million other things one would probably want to do as well which they failed to mention. For one thing if your carrying stuff don't speed. Even 1 mile over the speed limit is enough to get pulled over. Also under speeding is just as illegal. Best thing to do is go exactly the speed limit therefore they cannot legally pull you over. Obey all traffic rules like complete stops and turn signals and whatnot. Also don't have bumper stickers like legalize it or even ones like help the police. The best thing to do is have no bumper stickers at all. Also don't go around with a pot shirt and dredlocks...cops arn't dumb. And most importantly don't go "hotboxing" if your gonna smoke do it in your home or another safe location...use your own judgement for that. And if your only carrying pot and its only a small amount your best bet is to just simply eat it. Anyway the video had some good tips but definitely needs a reality check.
    Ok you definatly should not eat the little bit of weed that you have if a cop is about to bust you... if you happends to see a small amount of green on your lips in your teeth he will most likely charge you with "destruction of evidence" and then that will get you a felony arrest with guns drawn. So be smart and stomp it under your feet instead.

i disagree. if youve been blazin or are blazed when stoped, just eat your shit. if you have 0 smell, act normal, and hide it in the best spot possible.

of course i mean eat it before he walks up to the car...

Quote Originally Posted by dank4KB2buds0
    yo, great tips. really great. im gettin my license soon so its all good to know.

that dumb mother fucker in the back just fucked over his friends. everything was rollin fine until that kid in the back bugged out.

well, i'll be on my way now as i am rolling an extremely large blunt.
    1/8 of KB fellas.:rastasmoke:

Yea dat dumbass kid was shitting bricks
    I git My Kush from California, Git my Dro from ARIZONA,

There are two options:

Consent - 'Co-operate'

Don't consent - 'Resist'

Both options are viable in preserving your freedom, depending the precautions you take.

Iris is correct when he emphatically quotes Berry Cooper. By not consenting, this throws out a huge red flag, the radio lights up with calls of "We have a refusal' The cursury search can usually be beat if the hiding spot if good enough. The only negative, is that if he does find it, you consented, you're arrested, can't contest it in court with a motion to suppress.

It's quite satisfying not consenting in my opinion. Standing up for your rights. You don't fall prey of their mind games and their domination and power. This is the anarchist way. So, if you don't want to consent, be aware they may call a K9 unit. Therefore, wrap you cannabis while wearing gloves, do this before you leave in a new baggy, so it doesn't have time to permeate. Put it in the middle of the vehile, possible high up so the dog can't smell it. Better safe then sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddyonefiddy
    yep never carry more than you can eat.
    always been my rule.
    Truth. :rastasmoke:

peace

Then here's a question for you. I was popped at the border patrol area in the US on an obsure shortcut road I take all the time. I've passed that checkpoint all the time and they have dogs out there.

This one time I actually had a pipe and a gram of weed in a backpack in the back of my car I had completely forgotten about(shame on me right?) Unaware of any of the rights I had, I consented to the search because the dog tagged my car. I was arrested and booked but months later the case was dismissed with prejudice just because I kept dragging it out and asking to talk to the city DA. I was lucky, I admit, but if I did not consent to the search would I have been in the wrong? I mean, wasn't it probable cause that the dog targeted me?

P

You don't have rights at borders.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast