Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1508 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Ghostbusters: The Game aka Ghostbuster III

Wow is all I have to say. It's now went from nowhere on my radar to in my top 5 most wanted. To highlight a few key points in the article:

- PC, PS3, 360

- Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis are writing all the dialogue in the game and are helping with all facets of the game to make sure it's "Ghostbusters"

- Dan Aykroyd (Ray), Harold Ramis (Egon), Bill Murray(Venkman), Ernie Hudson (as Ghostbuster Winston Zeddemore), Annie Potts (Janine Melnitz) and William Atherton (EPA inspector Walter Peck).
    Are all returning to reprise their roles for the voice work in the game other Voice actors aren't yet confirmed but are not being discounted.

- The game is pretty much a sequel basically to the movies, taking place two years after the events of Ghostbusters II

- The game will revisit many famous ghouls and phantoms, Viggo, Stay Puft, Slimer, Gozer, The Solari Brothers etc..etc. will all be returning.

- Some of the lesser "classic" ghost roles will be getting further developed. Like the Library Woman from Ghostbusters I

- While Viggo and Gozer will be in the game, neither will be the main villian.

- Game is as much about exploring environments as it is capturing ghosts but also about "collateral damage" as well.

Read On:

IGN: Ghostbusters: The Video Game Preview

Teaser:
    Gametrailers.com - Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Debut Teaser: Rule #1
    Melkane Reviewed by Melkane on . Ghostbusters: The Game aka Ghostbuster III Wow is all I have to say. It's now went from nowhere on my radar to in my top 5 most wanted. To highlight a few key points in the article: - PC, PS3, 360 - Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis are writing all the dialogue in the game and are helping with all facets of the game to make sure it's "Ghostbusters" - Dan Aykroyd (Ray), Harold Ramis (Egon), Bill Murray(Venkman), Ernie Hudson (as Ghostbuster Winston Zeddemore), Annie Potts (Janine Melnitz) and William Atherton (EPA inspector Walter Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

woah
    I LOVE GhostBusters!
    \"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny.\" -Thomas Jefferson

http://boards.cannabis.com/hydroponi...rst-hydro.html
    [COLOR=\"Red\"]
    Redheads[/COLOR] not warheads, blondes not bombs, we\'re talking about brunettes not fighter jets! When will the governments realize its got to be funky sexy ladies?

I ain't 'fraid of no ghost!

Hmmm i'd be rather tempted to pick this up on pc just for the thrill of being in the ghostbusters environment, the pictures look very nice.
    Pass_the_dubbie is a fictional character on cannabis.com and the opinions expressed do not reflect nor immitate any particular person ©2006-200?

This could be the most awesome post. Ever. I freakin' grew up on the Ghostbusters! Wish I still had the ectoplasm backpack toy... Thanks for shedding some light onto a real hidden gem (at least, hidden to me).

/\/\/\/\ same as with the foam sticking out of it, did you have a trap too. it was wikid it opened up when you stomped on the panel.

you didnt mention the awesome physics engine that been in development for 7 years for the game.

its going to be

SSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK KKK

I certainly hope so. I looked at the company behind the games history and there's nothing big on it. The best game I spotted on there looked to be Blood Rayne which was definitely a good game but it wasn't like "OMG TEH BEST!!" or anything.

I'd say that is their current weak point, I don't see how they could fail story/dialogue wise since they have the actual ghostbusters writing the script and voice acting it. It comes down to the actual gameplay. If they can nail it, this could be one of the best gaming experiences out there for fans of Ghostbusters and gamers in general.

I mean seriously how could you not like the idea of strapping on an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on your back and hunting ghosts down?