Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1681 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tennessee?

I heard someone talking about there being a law in the works to getting medical marijuana legalized. He didn't seem to know too many technical terms which would've been helpful. However, I live in TN, and I find it hard to believe that there may be considerations in this particular state. I'm very happy to hear such news, but would like to know if anyone else has heard anything about this, and when will it be on the ballot (so i make sure i dont miss out)
    Smurph Reviewed by Smurph on . Tennessee? I heard someone talking about there being a law in the works to getting medical marijuana legalized. He didn't seem to know too many technical terms which would've been helpful. However, I live in TN, and I find it hard to believe that there may be considerations in this particular state. I'm very happy to hear such news, but would like to know if anyone else has heard anything about this, and when will it be on the ballot (so i make sure i dont miss out) Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Tennessee?

A Nashville representative, introduced a bill, for consideration. Don't hold your breath, on it.

However, the Nashville Tennessean newspaper in an editorial did speak in favor of the bill. It's a small step.

Tennessee?

Yeh im in tennessee too, but i dont see any medical marijuana coming our way in the near future.

Tennessee?

Marijuana is legal for medicinal purposes in 12 states. Even many of its detractors acknowledge some of its benefits in easing suffering. But opposition to legalizing the use of the drug to help seriously ill patients find comfort seems to dwell more on the stigma associated with marijuana than anything else. Arguments against medical marijuana dwell frequently on what is heard about the drug's use elsewhere, frequently using California as an example, with tales of marijuana becoming a storefront for drug business or that use of the drug gets out of hand.
    Regardless of what happens in California or any other state, this is Tennessee, and if the state cannot effectively administer a drug under carefully drawn regulations, that's a reflection on this state, not another. Pharmaceutical painkillers are often obtained illegally and abused, but that's no reason to prohibit the prescription use of painkillers. Marijuana should be no different.
    Arguments based on fear
    Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes is not an automatic precursor to rampant drug activity. Arguments against medical marijuana seem based more on fear and exaggeration than the logic of reducing suffering. Marijuana isn't nearly as risky as the objections make it sound.
    The marijuana issue came up last year in the legislature. A House subcommittee approved the bill, but the measure did not get out of a Senate committee. The issue should be brought back. Testimony in the recent legislative hearing suggested that marijuana is not as preferable as some synthetic drugs available. But it is always pertinent to ask about the cost of other drugs, and people respond in different ways to different treatments.
    Opposition to medicinal marijuana is making the issue far more complicated than it should be. It is a substance that can be grown naturally and can bring some relief to people who desperately need it. It makes little sense for it to be illegal when used strictly for medical purposes.

Tennessee?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    Marijuana is legal for medicinal purposes in 12 states. Even many of its detractors acknowledge some of its benefits in easing suffering. But opposition to legalizing the use of the drug to help seriously ill patients find comfort seems to dwell more on the stigma associated with marijuana than anything else. Arguments against medical marijuana dwell frequently on what is heard about the drug's use elsewhere, frequently using California as an example, with tales of marijuana becoming a storefront for drug business or that use of the drug gets out of hand.
    Regardless of what happens in California or any other state, this is Tennessee, and if the state cannot effectively administer a drug under carefully drawn regulations, that's a reflection on this state, not another. Pharmaceutical painkillers are often obtained illegally and abused, but that's no reason to prohibit the prescription use of painkillers. Marijuana should be no different.
    Arguments based on fear
    Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes is not an automatic precursor to rampant drug activity. Arguments against medical marijuana seem based more on fear and exaggeration than the logic of reducing suffering. Marijuana isn't nearly as risky as the objections make it sound.
    The marijuana issue came up last year in the legislature. A House subcommittee approved the bill, but the measure did not get out of a Senate committee. The issue should be brought back. Testimony in the recent legislative hearing suggested that marijuana is not as preferable as some synthetic drugs available. But it is always pertinent to ask about the cost of other drugs, and people respond in different ways to different treatments.
    Opposition to medicinal marijuana is making the issue far more complicated than it should be. It is a substance that can be grown naturally and can bring some relief to people who desperately need it. It makes little sense for it to be illegal when used strictly for medical purposes.

Right on brother!

:rasta:

Tennessee?

Im in nash vegas.

I luv it here. So dry....lol

if the tn st reps i get high vote yes? we will have med mj soon, but theyre hypocrits. So dont hold your breath was the best advice. imho

Tennessee?

as life would have it, i recieved a call from a lobbiest friend ive. i was told that the funding was in place to activly seek med mj in TN!!! the lobbiest is to lead the charge and the feeling is good. i was offered a paying job, ewww, to talk about my lifes woes and how mj keeps me from pills, prison, and welfare w/o helping terrorist fund bombings. i cant wait. asap i will give all the info to help make TN at least into med mj.

stokedin TN

Tennessee?

sounds nice 420freedme... it's good to hear that progress is being made all around the country. stay healthy man!

Tennessee?

Unfortunatly, a lawyer I spoke with the other day, who has helped with this proposal, said that the cause has lost alot of steam since the federal ruling in Cali.

Tennessee?

this would be great i used to live on the nc tn border line.... damnit but hey whenever i go back im sure it will never be dry now and hopefully if i do move back ill move west of the border and into tennessee but im stoned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast