Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1800 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tennessee?

Quote Originally Posted by crystaliscious
    Old Post- 2- 3
    You are Tennesseans- the land of volunteers - quit talking about it and do something - join us....

< didn't mean to piss anyone off - this thread pissed me off tho>
    As an activist, if I grew, I'd be very selective what I did with activism. Having been involved a few years, I would suggest that a couple of dollars donated when able, can accomplish and satisfy some volunteerism. 'activism.'

I consider growers our BIGGEST asset and the BIGGEST ACTIVISTS ON EARTH! You go growers and keep it up.

Just stay out of jail folks! :rasta: pr

Tennessee?

@ Painretreat - I totally agree that growers are our biggest asset- as well as the breeders. I am not against anyone growing AND I agree, can't be an activist and a grower, one or the other...
    Just against what I have watched happen in my state since the legalizations out west, makes my heart hurt to see it as I am sure many people in the west felt the same way....
    I do however have a sense of humor- the first thing I thought when reading your post " damn is he saying EVERYONE in TN is too busy growing to be an activst?' LOL....may be true...

Peace and thanks for your insight!

3.   Advertisements

Tennessee?

I do both, & yeah, I'm selective in what I do with my activism. I talk to average citizens, cops & lawyers. I feel that on the level closer to the average Joe, if we have cops more open minded to legalization, they'll be fewer arrest & less police brutality. If we have more lawyers in favor of legalization, well, we'll have more of the much needed legal defense. I'm a Norml & MPP member & sign, on the average of 2-3 petitions a day in favor of legalization. I only grow my personal & do a little breeding. I keep a low profile in the grow since I have ruffled a few feathers with the lawyers, cops & some small time local politicians who are not in favor of legalization. Its not like I've told them my name & address, but hell, that's not hard for them to find out if they want to. I live in Maryland, & we do have mmj laws in place, but they're a joke. I'm from W.V. & my favorite states are WV, Va, Kentucky & Tenn, the most beautiful states in the union. Rich fertile soil, with hills & mountains, with the south side of these being perfect for a good grow. I'll be 60 in 4 months, & I honestly believe we'll win legalization within 5 years. Politicians have lost the trust of the american people & they know it. They're going to have to do a lot to win back even a portion of that trust. They can't keep ignoring the publics desire for legalization. With this last little fiasco of shutting down the gov, they're gonna have to do a lot of butt kissing to the public just to keep their positions. I think at first it will appear cannabis has been put on the back burner, but by next spring, we'll see the tables turning in our favor. Hell. They owe us & they know we know it. Of course we need to keep fighting on local levels, but I can foresee major moves happening on a federal level real soon. Mull this over, keep it in mind & make the move to make it happen. Thats what activism is all about.

Tennessee?

Well folks, not everyone can do the activism thing. Some folks are handicapped and/or in pain that keeps them from being active. Others are on the lazy side, some don't think that they can make a difference or effect change. That's ok though... There are many ways to do it. Move to a state where we are legal, is one way. Go to ground, staying low and doing what you need to do is another. That's what most of us have done for years. I lived in TN. for five years and knew lots of folks that did the deed. I know I would and did those things when and if I had to. Do something or deal with the pain and or mental/emotional stresses. Hey, I know we all would love to see total legalization but until that happens lets stay cool and easy, doing what we need to..
    Si Vis Pacem para bellum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123