Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1930 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Advise on Bio grow

I want to dedicate a small room in the appartment to growing, but I don't want to make it too complicated and I would like to make it Bio, so no chemical, all natural fertilizer and nutriments, does anybody can give me some advise on this ?
    LuciferN Reviewed by LuciferN on . Advise on Bio grow I want to dedicate a small room in the appartment to growing, but I don't want to make it too complicated and I would like to make it Bio, so no chemical, all natural fertilizer and nutriments, does anybody can give me some advise on this ? Rating: 5
    This is my new dream
    My old dream
    This is Only A Fiction, with some pictures directly from my mind via USB 3.0 !

2.   Advertisements

Advise on Bio grow

check the organic growing forum
    http://boards.cannabis.com/organic-growing/

Advise on Bio grow

Organic growing is far more simple if you start in bagged compost (bagged so you know it's been processed to kill weed seeds and bug eggs).
    Hunt for a compost that contains MINIMAL to no peat, and plenty of leaf humus. Avoid chicken manure since it's WAY too much nitrogen. I suspect you can't get my favorite compost mix in Canada, but it's nothing but composted cow manure with leaf humus and has a NPK of .5-.5-.5. The organic acids in a mix like that will help keep the pH stable over time, which you really want, because organic growing can be harder to troubleshoot if you find you are having problems. You need to add perlite to a mix like that, at a rate of about 20-30% or so. It's not an exact science, lol.
    I know you can find Farfard products since they are made in Canada... their unfertilized seedling starting mix is a good product that is safe for young cannabis plants.
    For fertilizer, you can use a liquid organic or organic-based fert, and you can also try out soil supplements such as bat guano (high N or P depending upon type), blood meal (N), bone meal (P), seabird guano (N), etc. Be careful not to over-do it and lock out other nutes. You will still need a source of Potassium and micronutrients. Read up in the 'organic grow' section which is, oddly, under 'outdoor growing', lol.
    Good luck... mmmm organic goodness.... mmmmmmm *drool