Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1704 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Clone Log - Cloning with Pics using Master Kush mom...

Ok folks, I can't tell you that this is how it works perfectly but this is how I cloned my Master Kush babes today...

First, assembled the necessities:
    1. mother plant
    2. razor blade
    3. rapid rooter type cubes
    4. rooting hormone
    5. cup of Reverse Osmosis water
    6. isopropyl alcohol

NOTE: make sure that you have all of your supplies together before you start or else you will be sorry....

Open the new razor blade and clean it off with the alcohol. Make sure you have leached the mother plant with copius amounts of water every day for a few days before cloning the plants.
    MVP Reviewed by MVP on . Clone Log - Cloning with Pics using Master Kush mom... Ok folks, I can't tell you that this is how it works perfectly but this is how I cloned my Master Kush babes today... First, assembled the necessities: 1. mother plant 2. razor blade 3. rapid rooter type cubes 4. rooting hormone 5. cup of Reverse Osmosis water 6. isopropyl alcohol Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MVP
    Ok folks, I can't tell you that this is how it works perfectly but this is how I cloned my Master Kush babes today...

First, assembled the necessities:
    1. mother plant
    2. razor blade
    3. rapid rooter type cubes
    4. rooting hormone
    5. cup of Reverse Osmosis water
    6. isopropyl alcohol

NOTE: make sure that you have all of your supplies together before you start or else you will be sorry....

Open the new razor blade and clean it off with the alcohol. Make sure you have leached the mother plant with copius amounts of water every day for a few days before cloning the plants.
    cool man. shouldn't you be taking cuttings in the last two weeks of flower?

Now what you need to do is pick a healthy growing shoot that has at least a couple of sets of leaves within the top 2 inches of the shoot. I cut this branch about 6 inches below the top of the shoot and place into the cup of RO water. You want to place the cut immediately into the water so that a bubble does not develop on the end that prevents the new cut from "breathing".

Repeat a number of times until you no longer have good looking shoots to turn into cuttings. Once you have the cuts in the cup of water you will wanna be prepared to cut off the lower branches and scarify (scrape) the stem, dip into the rooting solution/gel and insert into the growing medium.

Next step: preparing the cuts for the medium

Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy1414
    cool man. shouldn't you be taking cuttings in the last two weeks of flower?
    No, it is best to take cuts when the mom is in veg, not in flower....

OOooooo like it so far MVP....PICS!! :thumbsup:

Take the medium and prepare a hole for the new cut. I always turn the grow cube/rockwool/root cube over and poke my own hole using a toothpick, cuz the original hole is way too friggin big for how I do the cuts.

Next trim down the cuts from the apprx. 6 inches to maybe 3 inches or so, plus or minus, and trim off the nodes necessary to get them to this size. Any bigger and they will not hold up well/stand up in the cube/plug/etc.

OK folks, it is Sushi time, gotta run for a bit but I'll finish later......

Looking real good so far. How are you keeping that mother? Is that a DWC? I've been wanting to get my moms out of dirt, but not sure the best way to go about it. How was sushi?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Yutts
    Looking real good so far. How are you keeping that mother? Is that a DWC? I've been wanting to get my moms out of dirt, but not sure the best way to go about it. How was sushi?

Yes it is DWC, in a 3 gallon container from Target. Sushi was awesome.

C'mon down to OC and I'll get you the best sushi on the South Coast...

Lived in OC for 12 years. Got my first taste of sushi there. I miss a lot of things about that place.

Hello again,

Time to elaborate.......

Make a 45 degree cut on the stem and scarify (scrape) the stem to expose the tender flesh to the rooting hormone. It will make it easier for the plant to grow roots thru the newly scraped flesh.

Either dip the newly cut piece into the rooting hormone or brush it on the stem. NOTE: do NOT just dip into the container as you will contaminate the gel/solution. Brush it on to the scraped root stem (like I did with a toothpick) or put it into a new container and dip it there...

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast