Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1743 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Clone Log - Cloning with Pics using Master Kush mom...

Quote Originally Posted by MVP
    Yo H-

Take a look at this pic from earlier in the thread. Scarifying is gently scraping the outer stem with the blade to expose soft matter that will root more effectively....

MVP
    thank you :greenthumb: do you lightly scrape the whole thing all around?:rastasmoke:

Yeah, I gently scrape all the way around the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the cutting.

Yeah, I gently scrape all the way around the bottom 1/2 to 3/4 inch of the cutting.
    woords so im gonna put about 30-50 of these beauty's under a rapid rooter dome with rapid rooter clone cubes. using dutch master cloning gel. should work out fine. the second i transplant them to 12 ounce soda bottles they will be off to the races:yippee:.
    b.t.w. i kno is prolly here somewhere but if u use the method im gonna do how long should it be till i harvest?:rastasmoke:

imma follow this clone guide since the results were SOOOOO huge under just simple CFL's
    International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums - Compact SOG with CFL's
    +1 to CFL's

4.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by PharmaCan
    Anything that doesn't survive is a wimp and I don't want it anyway.
    Now there's the attitude. I use that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy1414
    stinky how can you allow someone to disrespect a fellow grower like that.
    Mods don't stop people from dissing each other. That's a load of crap anyway. I can't stand people running around getting all bent out of shape because someone didn't pay respect. Why the hell should anyone care if not every person in the world respects them. And did you do anything to make said person respect you? In my neck of the woods respect is given to those that show above average character or something like that. It's earned, not automatically given, that's what I'm saying. Nome sane?

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular. I just had a chance to share one of my pet peeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hennessy1414
    b.t.w. i kno is prolly here somewhere but if u use the method im gonna do how long should it be till i harvest?
    Well allow at least two weeks to root properly, then you can start feeding them a little. If you go to bud immediately, depending on the strain, you could harvest in as little as 6 or 7 weeks. Of course your harvest would be bigger if you gave them a little veg time.

Hey everyone I've cleaned up this thread.
    Again, please be aware of your surroundings, and that means reading the forums and knowing the status of threads...
    Yes, only mods can 'stick' a thread.
    Once a thread is stuck, treat it as a manual and make an EXTRA special attempt to stay on topic so that future nOObs aren't confused!
    Thanks all.

Okay back to the subject, the tough love approach is important to me too. I get 100% survival but at the end of 2 weeks that dome is comin' OFF and anyone with wussy rooting will probably end up dead in this dry winter air. I don't like to waste time re-potting a clone that is going to sit there and do nothing.

If you don't get a node, scarification is of utmost importance. You don't NEED to have a node in the plug; it is MUCH MUCH easier and faster, but a plant that is not giving you cloneable shoots as fast as you'd like can be stretched by raising the lights and you cna then take advantage of the lengthened internodes for cuts. The side shoucl be scraped lightly before dipping to expose the soft tissue where the undifferentiated cells you're after are concentrated.

I don't know why my post addressing this would get axed, but I truly wanted to know if you scrape all the way around down to the whitish stuff. I've never heard of this before, and I wanted to know if I've been doing things wrong or missing some advantage. I know trees need at least a little strip of bark to survive, and I kinda thought it would be the same with the clone for some reason.

Notice how stinky says The side shoucl be scraped lightly before dipping. I take this to mean one side. I know that some people do two sides, but I thought that was more dangerous for some reason. It seems like I read that somewhere.

Just a little confused over here.

1) Should I be scraping all the way around?
    2) Should I be scraping around a node instead of the stem, or one side of it, and should I have the node in the cloner?
    3) Why did my question about this get deleted?

:what:

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    Once a thread is stuck, treat it as a manual and make an EXTRA special attempt to stay on topic so that future nOObs aren't confused!
    I've never thought about that before, but that does seem kind of important to keep in mind.

Thanks stinky, and sorry for my little off topic rant there.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie Yutts
    I don't know why my post addressing this would get axed, but I truly wanted to know if you scrape all the way around down to the whitish stuff. I've never heard of this before, and I wanted to know if I've been doing things wrong or missing some advantage. I know trees need at least a little strip of bark to survive, and I kinda thought it would be the same with the clone for some reason.

Notice how stinky says The side shoucl be scraped lightly before dipping. I take this to mean one side. I know that some people do two sides, but I thought that was more dangerous for some reason. It seems like I read that somewhere.

Just a little confused over here.

1) Should I be scraping all the way around?
    2) Should I be scraping around a node instead of the stem, or one side of it, and should I have the node in the cloner?
    3) Why did my question about this get deleted?

:what:
    I scarify the entire bottom of the stem. I hold it in my hand and twist it gently while scraping. I carefully scrape where I slice off the node too as I figure that the more tender flesh that is expose the more future roots will develop. :dance:

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast