Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1598 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Clone Log - Cloning with Pics using Master Kush mom...

greenatik and hoho123, I'm sorry you had a bad experience cloning.

Just be sure to follow some basics and your cuttings should root.

Scarify the stem, re cut the end at a 45 degree angle, immediately dip in hormone and place in medium. Keep the stem moist. If it dries out once, she's dead. Use a humidity dome. It can have holes or not. Either way the canopy must get some air daily. If no holes, take off the dome at least once per day and blow into the dome and the plants. If the plants wilt too much, holes in the dome are too big. Even with holes, take off the lid at least once daily. Holes may cause wilt problems, which can be fixed with anti wilt spray. Rooting gel also causes wilt problems sometimes, since it seals the cut. I use powder. I've tried Dip N Grow 3 times, all 3 rotting the stems. However I did add it to the reservoir and that may be the problem. The res and environment should be around 82 degrees.

I've had the absolute best luck cloning in a cheapo aerocloner. I hate rockwool.

thanks opie and MVP..

yesterday I put the new dome over them with the bottom tray holding water as they hydro man suggested... and this morning I wake up to two clones perked straight up. no holes but I mist once a day and take the dome off for 10-20 secs about once a day. also went from 1 23 w CFL to three right above the dome.

going to go take some more cuts tonight so hopefully I have a better go-around this time

will post back my results :jointsmile:

thanks for the help guys
    check out my grow log:
    Greenatik\'s Vertical Coco Cab

got about 10 out of 20 .. not bad for the first time threw a few away early on that wilted badly, but once the new dome was over them most of them revived completely. the ones in rapid rooters did well one sativa looking bagseed has roots all over the plug in about 8 days. foliar fed piranha lightly with liquid karma real light once I saw them reaching upwards. but, to be honest, one of cuts in coco is doing by far the best. its godsgift x bluegoo, and the stem is turning a nice purple but not from def. all rooted within 10 days -- ill post some pics soon

thanks for the thread it was a good experience cant wait to get a try with a bubble cloner. but coco is what i plan on using next time, it didnt dry out as quickly as the rooters and they seemed to like me not being able to look for roots like you can with the plugs

:jointsmile::jointsmile:
    check out my grow log:
    Greenatik\'s Vertical Coco Cab

Is it ok to put plants to flower to sort through males/females then put them back into veg for a week then cut clones?

yea its ok to do it that way i think most would sugest putting one clone of each to the 12/12 test to see witch ones are male or female also u have to make sure the plants mature enough i think because the hormones wont be right but im not sure what happends if there not so after a month of veg u can find out for sure im sure some one can give u better advice but i hope this helps for now

look for pics next week hopefully ill find out i have all females http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-problems.html

hey there guys my ? is if you are going to clone do you need that whole water function going on there with the bubbling? cant you just put the on the rockwool the hood and light?? and they will root???

Quote Originally Posted by blowin
    hey there guys my ? is if you are going to clone do you need that whole water function going on there with the bubbling? cant you just put the on the rockwool the hood and light?? and they will root???
    no. you can go to hydro store for 17 bucks, get a 50 site clone tray, rapid rooters or the imitation ones. and a clear dome for 6 more bucks.

Put all rapid rooters in the bag in closet somewhere for storage. use the ones for your clones, cut, dip and stick. for more info IM me

Quote Originally Posted by MVP
    Hello again,

Time to elaborate.......

Make a 45 degree cut on the stem and scarify (scrape) the stem to expose the tender flesh to the rooting hormone. It will make it easier for the plant to grow roots thru the newly scraped flesh.

Either dip the newly cut piece into the rooting hormone or brush it on the stem. NOTE: do NOT just dip into the container as you will contaminate the gel/solution. Brush it on to the scraped root stem (like I did with a toothpick) or put it into a new container and dip it there...
    Hello, is this cel necessary
    Because, I dont have that..:jointsmile:
    PM ME!
    :rasta:GROWINGWEEDINWOODS:rasta:
    Attachment 277888
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yxYCiUvo7U -Cloning Marijuana Plants.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf0sk...has_verified=1 -How to make bubble hush.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDR2v...eature=related -How to make weed butter.

MVP...........I agree with all your points except point 6. Use 10% food grade h202 instead to disenfect and kill any bacteria there may be. Your plants will love you for it. Add 1 tablespoon of 35% food grade h202 to 1 gallon of tap water, plus what ever nutrients you use for growth. Again your girls will love you for it. Doing it with Ease.

I have heard that Tap Water is better for clones.. as it has a small amount of nutrients already in the water.. vs RO water that has absolutley no nutes at all.. I also have found that peat pellets work best for growing in soil.. the pellets have enough nutes in them to keep the plants alive with tap water alone for the first few weeks while they root and get ready for transplant. I also dont dip the cuttings in water before the rooting gel.. seems to me like the gel does the same thing in preventing bubbles as dipping them in water first.. so I dont see much point to this step. I also have found an "Assembly Line" technique to work quite well.. Cut the clone on 45 degree angle, quickly trim the bottom couple of nodes and then dip it in the gel right away.. all of this happens within about 5-8 seconds and then its in the peat pellet. I have also found that making a slightly bigger hole in the peat pellet (I use a chopstick) helps to keep the rooting gel from getting wiped off when I stick it in the hole. The peat pellets are soft enough that once the cutting is in the hole.. you can squish it back into good contact with the stem and keep the rooting gel where you want it! ;-) Once all the cuttings are in the tray, I mist them with tap water and snap the lid on.. I havnt cut any of the leaves.. but I may try it as the leaves seem to get a little crappy at the ends anyways! I put them under CFL aquarium/plant lights on an 18hr cycle, and open the lid a few times a day to blow inside and move new air around the plants.. and mist them with water again. I am definately not the most experienced grower on this site when it comes to cannabis.. but I have taken a few hundred cuttings like this far, and not lost a single one yet.. so I must be doing something right! Thanks for the great thread!
    I grow food.. Not weed.. But I like weed.. So I will help you grow it as best I can ;-)

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast