Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1526 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Guitar hero killed my 360

I thought my 360 was immune to the red ring of death. I got it the month after it came out, and since then I hadn't had any problems, until today. Yesterday, I borrowed two games from my friend: Guitar Hero II (and controller) and Assassin's Creed. I spent hours yesterday and this morning smoking and beating Guitar Hero's carrer on hard, which I accomplished without incident (and had loads of fun with, while it lasted :jointsmile.

So a couple hours later, I played a couple songs on expert, then turned my 360 off. 10 minutes later I returned to find it unresponsive, just giving me the infamous "red ring of death." I looked online to find that a recent GH patch has been linked to this, and as it's the only thing that's changed with my system, I believe it to be the cause. It's way out of it's 3-month warrenty, so things aren't looking too good. To make it even worse, I never even got to play Assassin's Creed, I was actually opening the disc tray to put it in when the console informed me of its demise. I play Halo 3 a lot, so this is gonna be really hard for me... Thank god I have lots of weed right now.
    Light It Up Reviewed by Light It Up on . Guitar hero killed my 360 I thought my 360 was immune to the red ring of death. I got it the month after it came out, and since then I hadn't had any problems, until today. Yesterday, I borrowed two games from my friend: Guitar Hero II (and controller) and Assassin's Creed. I spent hours yesterday and this morning smoking and beating Guitar Hero's carrer on hard, which I accomplished without incident (and had loads of fun with, while it lasted :jointsmile:). So a couple hours later, I played a couple songs on Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

wow, that sucks man.. you probly wont have to replace the whole thing though, might just be the motherboard... You ever play Oblivion?

Yeah, I got COD and Oblivion when I got my 360. I'm probobly going to try some of the low-risk fixes posted online for the ring of death, but I will probobly end up sending it in for repair, which is very expensive, regardless of what the problem is.

thought they were supposed to repair them for free for like 2-3 years....?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotpsycho
    thought they were supposed to repair them for free for like 2-3 years....?
    doubt it.. its microsoft remember

well from what i've heard over and over... they're supposed to....

actually, I was just told on the xbox forum that they extended it to 3 years for the red ring only, so I won't have to dish out that $100+ to have it fixed, but I'm still gonna be out of an xbox for a good long while. PS3 lovers, take your shots.

What they'll do is Microsoft will charge you to fix it, then they'll pay you back in a few MONTHS later. This happened to 2 of my friends recently. Luckily when ours got the red lights we sold it on ebay (we even said it was broke and the seal was gone) and we got 180 bucks. Then we bought a new one.

yeah, I heard that alot of the early versions got recalled because so many were defective.. looks like you lucked out.. thats sick

Quote Originally Posted by Light It Up
    actually, I was just told on the xbox forum that they extended it to 3 years for the red ring only, so I won't have to dish out that $100+ to have it fixed, but I'm still gonna be out of an xbox for a good long while. PS3 lovers, take your shots.
    don't need to... i'm actually starting to feel bad for alot of you lol... i can imagine how i'd feel if my ps3 gave out...

i hope for all xbox fans, they get the 3rd one right.... :wtf:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast