Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1284 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Xbox 360 owners.

So I'm sure I want this system for xmas, however I am unsure one thing, which one to get. My main interest is in the Elite, the Halo 3 Edition, or the premium. Now i worked as the head of the video game department in Toys R Us for several years (go go Rzone), so I'm not that interested in comparisons vs other systems, I'm more interested in the comparisons between the three I mentioned. I want to know which one you would buy and why if you were going out to buy a 360 for yourself, assuming you don't already have one...and if you dont...what are you doing in this thread? =p

Thanks for any input in advance!
    Gundari Reviewed by Gundari on . Xbox 360 owners. So I'm sure I want this system for xmas, however I am unsure one thing, which one to get. My main interest is in the Elite, the Halo 3 Edition, or the premium. Now i worked as the head of the video game department in Toys R Us for several years (go go Rzone), so I'm not that interested in comparisons vs other systems, I'm more interested in the comparisons between the three I mentioned. I want to know which one you would buy and why if you were going out to buy a 360 for yourself, assuming you Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Xbox 360 owners.

I would say this, there is a new service Microsoft just announced that they will be offering Xbox 1 games as downloads over Xbox Live.

The question I pose to you is, will you be one to take advantage of a lot of Xbox Lives downloading features? (Xbox Live Arcade, Xbox 1 games, Media downloads like movies and tv shows, game demos and trailers)

If you are the best purchase would be the Xbox 360 Elite model since it comes with a 120gb HDD. If you aren't going to be utilizing the above features and merely just saving your games to your HDD, then I'd reccomend the premium console.

Whatever you do though do your homework on which models are the new fixed models (of any of the types) All older 360s have a manufacturing defect with the clamps on the heatsink which is the main cause for the famous 3 Red Lights error that so many have gotten. It's not a guarantee that you will get get the problem if you get a model plagued with it, but it's pretty much a 1 in 3 chance. However there should be ways to tell if the 360 you are buying is one that does not have this problem (they put different heatsinks in them for one so you can visually tell by looking at the unit) or likely model or serial number checking.

If you put a bit more than usual time in making sure you get the newest model 360s around I think you will ultimately have a much better Xbox 360 experience.

Xbox 360 owners.

i will recommend the 360 to you but you will be taking a risk, i bought a 360 back when gears of war came out and about 4-5 months into playing that deadrising and a few other games the 360 stopped reading disks and i had a field day with microsofts indian support line. wound up sending it to texas for repairs it took about 5 weeks to get back i have had no problems up until 2 days ago when i got the "3 Rings of Death" (wiki it) and now i have to send it in AGAIN for another 4-6 weeks and i am pissed. it is hands down the best gaming console out right now, but it has many flaws. halo3 and gh3 are great games to play stoned :jointsmile:

Xbox 360 owners.

same here,we've had to send ours in twice cause it would do that ^ ^
    Elite is what I am thinking about.
    ~If No Fit,Put Spit~

Xbox 360 owners.

Look, the Halo 3 edition is $50 bucks more and a different puke greeen color. PASS

What you should do is just get the regular xbox 360 just make sure its a newer one so it has an hdmi port.

The only difference on the elite is that it has a bigger harddrive that you wont need unless you want to store movies or music, if you want music you can just attach a external harddrive into usb and it will work just as good for cheaper. Oh and the Elite is black. Thats really the only difference. Microsoft just wanted a ploy to sell and markey more xbox's but they are all the same. Just get a normal one and be happy. plus spring the 20 bucks for one of those newer intercoolers. They will run your 360 so much cooler and it wont overheat like a lot of them do.

Xbox 360 owners.

oh and the elite doesnt use a different chiip set. It actually runs the exact same heat but its a little louder. its a waste. its a marketing gimic to make you spend 100 dollarsmore on something that cost them 20-30 bucks and offers no differnece in gameplay. you dont need a HD that big unless your going to download HD movies which is just stupid cause it takes forever.

Xbox 360 owners.

only elite has hdmi.

all xboxs maufactured after august 21st have falcon chips.

i would go for the elite as i like the colour. also the harddrive is way worth it as it allows for more demos and you to burn your own tunage to listen too in games.

im all for the elite myself. but personal preference is key.

there are some wikid xbox live games avliable.

puzzle quest !!

Xbox 360 owners.

Quote Originally Posted by LaidZeppelin
    oh and the elite doesnt use a different chiip set. It actually runs the exact same heat but its a little louder. its a waste. its a marketing gimic to make you spend 100 dollarsmore on something that cost them 20-30 bucks and offers no differnece in gameplay. you dont need a HD that big unless your going to download HD movies which is just stupid cause it takes forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaidZeppelin
    Look, the Halo 3 edition is $50 bucks more and a different puke greeen color. PASS

What you should do is just get the regular xbox 360 just make sure its a newer one so it has an hdmi port.

The only difference on the elite is that it has a bigger harddrive that you wont need unless you want to store movies or music, if you want music you can just attach a external harddrive into usb and it will work just as good for cheaper. Oh and the Elite is black. Thats really the only difference. Microsoft just wanted a ploy to sell and markey more xbox's but they are all the same. Just get a normal one and be happy. plus spring the 20 bucks for one of those newer intercoolers. They will run your 360 so much cooler and it wont overheat like a lot of them do.
    Ummmm...

You don't want an intercooler unless it uses it's own power supply. The ones that plug into the power adaptor port void your warranty with Microsoft and can damage your console. The USB ones still drain too much energy from the 360 as well. If you buy an cooler you have to make sure it uses it's own power supply or you are asking for problems that Microsoft will void your warranty for.

Xbox 1 titles are about 4 - 5 gigs in size and Live Arcade can range it size. On the standard 20gb HDD you are likely only going to be able to fit 2 -3 games on it if you download stuff. There is also expansions to games like Oblivion and Overlord that require quite a bit of space. 120gb is not useless. And microsoft is a business trying to make money so OF COURSE they are going to sell for more than it costs them.

Xbox 360 owners.

So it looks like over all i'll be going for the elite. Ty for the input guys ^^.

Xbox 360 owners.

As far as everyones claims to 360s burning up, the problems are getting fixed with the new systems. I got an Elite just before the price drops, and it was worth it at $500, so I'd def say its worth it to get one now. The hard drive space is really nice to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast