Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1708 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Answers about CFL, HPS, How Much Light...

I no longer grow using a 1000 watt system. I'm now just a 670 watter. I took one of my old super sun reflectors and cut a hole on the opposite side. I now have an eye 400 blue on one end and a 270 watt super agro on the other. Makes for a pretty good over all spectrum. And I get get almost the same yield as before with a mover.
    By the way, in regards to the 1000 watt compared to the, 600 and 400, there was a drastic change in plant and bud structure.
    I have my grows pretty damn dialed in, but I'm no pro. It's just a hobby for me.
    Peace

2.   Advertisements

Crap. I was about to make this a sticky and it got off topic. I'm going to pick the individual Qs out, give them their own thread, and stick this. It will be useful.

Gundari; You really want the 'Daylight' bulbs for vegging. They're 6500k and emit a full spectrum for maximum growth. Come flower, I think numbers could be argued, but you'll want a few 3500k 42watt CFLs IMO. For flower; I guess you could say the redder the better
    Good Luck!

Nice thread; keep up the good posts:thumbsup:

Growbe how many plants do you have inside that sunroom? also what sq. footage is that and how much light covers it? I noticed you made that growroom yourself and inspired me to use my pragmatic ingenuity in creating my own. Im fairly new though, only having one solo grow and wanting a bit of experienced advice.

i have a question...dutch pimp was saying 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower but im looking at 1000bulbs.com and they have MH at 4200k and HPS at 2100k will that make a difference at all??
    no need for negative thinking...:rasta:

Quote Originally Posted by jmello
    i have a question...dutch pimp was saying 6500k for veg and 2700k for flower but im looking at 1000bulbs.com and they have MH at 4200k and HPS at 2100k will that make a difference at all??
    No, the MH and HPS are fine like that. The HID lights have their own rules......MH for veg....HPS...for flowering.

The 6500k and 2700k are the preferred color temps for CFL's.

If someone runs a New wave T5 4' long by 21" wide with 6500k bulbs that all contribute to 40k lumens, would that be enough to flower also?

INSpectadeck...there are 144 square inches in a square foot. so, for your area,

18" x 18" = 324 sq. in.
    324/144 = 2.25 sq. ft.

You've got 2.25 sq. ft. Really, you want to have at least 4000 lumens per square foot...5000 and up is better. At 1600 lumens per bulb, you should have 6 bulbs or more. In that small of an area, I'd try it with 6 bulbs and make sure that the wall surfaces reflect well. Check out some of the Rubbermaid grows on here...they have grow areas similar in sized to yours. See what type/how many lights they use, and how they did.

turksteelman...yes, you'll do a GREAT job with a T5 like that. 40000 lumes is good for 8 sq. ft. with no problem...that's 48" x 24". And you can use the T5 in flowering too...just switch out some/all of the bulbs for 3000k bulbs. HTG supply sells those for 4 for $20.

High Tech Garden Supply

Good luck to both of you!

I have a 400 watt MH setup from HTG Supply. What kind of results will i get if i try flowering my plants with this bulb compared to a 400 watt HPS or with a conversion bulb for my current setup?
    \"I played golf....I did not get a hole in one, but I did hit a guy and that\'s way more satisfying. Your supposed to yell FORE, but I was too busy mumbling there ain\'t no way that\'s gonna hit him.\"
    - Mitch Hedberg (RIP)

Check out my first outdoor grow!
    http://boards.cannabis.com/outdoor-g...door-grow.html

LR2 Indoor grow under 400w MH
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1955832

Quote Originally Posted by dgsgandalf
    I have a 400 watt MH setup from HTG Supply. What kind of results will i get if i try flowering my plants with this bulb compared to a 400 watt HPS or with a conversion bulb for my current setup?
    Many growers flower with MH...some like it...some don't.

Your gonna have to try it one way...then the other...to know which is best for you....

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast