Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1595 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Cannabis Capsules â?? A step-by-step guide.

well excellent is pretty good.....

Now that I have a bit more time I can elaborate on my experience in a bit greater detail.

As far as cooking went it did have a bit of a smell, mostly by the slowcooker but it was barely noticible if you came into the apartment from outside.

Since we were taking the oil without the capsules we used a teacup that we covered in Aluminum Foil. This allowed us to take the solidified oil out without it sticking to the tea cup.

I have to say that the taste wasn't exactly what I expected. Sort of like a dirty bong actually. But we soon realised we could cut the oil into smaller peices and just swallow it whole.

A tablespoon of Ganja and a tablespoon of oil gave us what I would consider 8 capsuls and a freind and I each had 2.

We had previously smoked and drank some beer and rum so we were coming into the experiement considerably messed up by the time the capsules hit (which was an hour and a half into the experiment).

We had ate dumplings just before so we did have food in the stomach. The high was very pleasant. Clearly diffrent from smoking as it was a real body buzz but I personally found it to be quite relaxing and sort of overwhellming. It was difficult to get up and do anything after they had kicked in and I found myself super focused on the Hockey game. With time passing very quickly.

About two hours after they kicked in we ate once more (Homemade Hotpot which was incredible by the way). And I found the high to get quite a bit more intense. The food really kicked it up.

After several hours we smoked a big joint and that kicked it in again. Overall it just lasted and lasted and lasted.

Since my first post I spoke to my freind and he agreed the experience overall was good. He was baked the next day until dinner.

We both smoke quite a bit about 4 times a week or so, and we found the equivlent of 2 capsule to be more then sufficient.

This will be a great way to not only save money on Ganja but also help save the lungs.

I intend to try it again this weekend but without smoking or drinking first. I will then update everyone again on the effects.

While it is quite a bit diffrent from smoking, it is really an amazing feeling (Although I will still smoke as it is a very diffrent high).
    :jointsmile:

Wow, great work guys!
    I can't believe how much this thread has grown recently, and I just wanted to drop in and say 'thanks' for some really excellent contributions (especially from the new guys).

Bloooo, very nice job and great pics too.
    I'm glad to hear they worked out well for you.
    Someone recently suggested using a piece of polystyrene with holes in it as a holder (I have a home made one that I use as a storage tray in the fridge). I'd recommend having a go at making one, as you'll find it easier to fill your capsules than doing it by hand (saves time too). :thumbsup:

massivewhite, assuming you've made your capsules using clarified butter (ghee) or coconut oil, they'll last for several months (possibly years). I tend to store mine in the fridge, and recently took some from a batch I made over six months ago with no loss of potency (if anything they were stronger than I remembered).

Bizarz, Hi and welcome to the forums.
    Impressive work, especially for your first attempt, I'm looking forward to hearing how the next one goes. :thumbsup:

I've been doing some tests recently and wondered if any other members might be able to contribute?

Simply put, I've been experimenting with eating different types and amounts of food (before and after taking the capsules) to see if and how the 'high' could be prolonged or enhanced.

Interestingly, the most measurable success I've had has flown in the face of conventional wisdom, i.e. 'you should take them on an empty stomach'.

I've run the same iteration of a particular test four times now, using myself and various friends as 'guinea pigs', and every time the result has been dramatic.

We used identical capsules all made from the same batch, first on empty stomachs at 4pm (having only eaten breakfast) and measured the results (duration, strength, effects etc), then a week later (to allow tolerance to return to a baseline), took the same dose again at 4pm, but this time after all having a large lunch (between 12 and 1pm).
    On each occasion (and unanimously), the effects, strength and duration of the 'high' was increased by a considerable margin.

So far, all our experiments support that eating a decent sized meal around three hours before taking the capsules significantly increases the potency of the results.

I think it must be related to the fact that the digestive system has already prepared enzymes for the intravenous absorption of the first meal, and therefore this allows greater bio-availability of the THC. Combine that with the conversion of the THC into Delta 9 THC (a stronger version) via the 'first pass' through the liver, and the overall potency is significantly higher.

If anyone out there wants to give it a try, I'd be very keen to hear how you get on.
    Ideally, you should use capsules from an identical batch, and try first on an empty stomach, and then a week, or at least a few days later (to give your metabolism a chance to reset), try again three hours after eating a meal and measure the difference in results. Post back with your observations.
    Hey, and remember we're advancing medical science here, one day there may even be a statue named after us lol :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Flameon
    Wow, great work guys!
    I can't believe how much this thread has grown recently, and I just wanted to drop in and say 'thanks' for some really excellent contributions (especially from the new guys).

Bloooo, very nice job and great pics too.
    I'm glad to hear they worked out well for you.
    Someone recently suggested using a piece of polystyrene with holes in it as a holder (I have a home made one that I use as a storage tray in the fridge). I'd recommend having a go at making one, as you'll find it easier to fill your capsules than doing it by hand (saves time too). :thumbsup:
    Thanks. I ordered a filler tray and capsules, but they still have not arrived. So the manual filling one by one was kind of a pain, but not that bad of a workaround. We got something like 50 capsules done in less than an hour. Should be super fast next time if I get my tray or make a styrofoam one.

Thanks again for providing those excellent instructions. :1baa:

I'm wondering if that's why taking a pop of coffee in the morning tends to bring your buzz back as well. A bit of caffeine to get everything moving.......hmmmm...

I shall conduct some expirements myself and submit my findings.

Hey flameon i treid makin these last night with a lightweight chip on my shoulder thinkin they wouldnt work. i did the stove top method and used that good ol' cali hash. i didnt have all the supplies so i made wit what i had. your werent BS'n when you told us how strong they were (although i thought i was tight and took nine of the damn things) i was messed up for awile. but my question is, is there anyway to fill the capsule with the hash oil before we want to take em. for instance lets say i wanted to make 100 of em to "give away" later. how can i do that without the capsules melting? while filling the capsules i had to make sure i did it quick because the capsules started to dissolve. or am i just going to have to keep em in the fridge until there induced?

8.   Advertisements

Hey Flame;

We ate about an hour or so before we took the Capsuls and we got quite messed up.

However after we ate again later on the effects got even stronger. I think with food in the stomach it starts the digestive process which makes the oil kick in faster.

hmmm, interesting. I know with pain meds they don't even hardly work if I take them with food. Maybe it's not the same with weed. I guess I'll have to try some with food now.

i made these today n it took 4 pills for me to feel n e thing and it wasnt that much. i dont think the water was hot enough, im gonna try again tomorrow

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast