Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1598 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Cannabis Capsules â?? A step-by-step guide.

Quote Originally Posted by zerocool5878
    Ok a little update. I will try and reply to the rest of this when Im not so stoned. I took 1 cap at 5:45pm its 7:45 and flyin!

As for the mixture: u said in post # 36

Take your 3.5 - 4 grams of finely ground bud, and mix it with 15 grams (three level teaspoons) of: ideally coconut oil, but clarified butter will be fine (see how to make your own in this thread) and simmer it as per the instructions for two hours.

The oil and bud is exactly enough for 24 capsules.

anyway maybe im reading it wrong. I will tell you tomm. lol
    Hi zero, I'm really glad to hear you 'cracked' it!, if your metabolism is anything like mine I bet your feeling very 'mellow' today lol.

By the way, the confusion re the amount of oil is at my end, not yours. With you saying you were going to be using 5 grams I just assumed you were thinking of making 36 capsules not 24, that's why I suggested the extra 7 grams of oil.

Holy cow! I just remembered you packed all that into just 12 capsules, wow, even without the residue it's no wonder you only needed one! :stoned:

Good job and happy 'landings' :thumbsup:
    P.S. Would love to hear what sort of 'experience' you had, ie. any: time distortion, intensity of visual or hearing abilities, munchies etc. Also, forgot to ask how long did you simmer for?

Hi DSOTM420

Quote Originally Posted by DSOTM420
    Finally got our capsules and coconut oil and are in the process of trying this right now.

What we used:

2 g of ground mid quality bud
    1 tablespoon of coconut oil
    Sounds bang on, but with you using 1 tablespoon of oil (14/15 grams), are you planning to make 24 capsules?

One question, want to make sure we're doing this right, we've put the crock pot on low and placed the coffee cup with the coconut oil in there with the lid on the pot, for now we are letting the oil melt completely and then adding the bud after it has fully become a liquid, is this the correct starting method to let the oil completely solidify? ( my guess is yes but it doesn't hurt to ask )
    Perfect! The only thing I do differently is I wait for the oil to cool to just a little over room temperature (when it's still in liquid form, but not hot enough to melt the gelatin capsules), then I 'syringe' the liquid into the capsules.
    The alternative, is to do exactly what your doing.
    Dont strain the oil, just pour it onto a small dish, put it in the fridge and wait for it to set.

weedhound's description is spot on! It's just like candlewax when hard

Once it's 'firm' enough you can divide it into small 'pellets' to pop into your capsules. Job done!

Anyways, still waiting on the oil to melt and then we'll add the bud and let simmer for 2 full hours. (It took roughly 5 to 10 minutes to let it completely melt.)

Ok just put the bud in. Another question, is 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in melted form equal to the same amount in the soft/hard form that you scoop out of the jar? (We're not very knowledgeable when it comes to cooking )

Anyways it's now simmering and we'll post later about how it turns out and how we turn out.
    Good question! I had to test this myself when I first started, and 'yes' it's almost exactly the same.

I'm looking forward to hearing how you got on.

the left over bud residue, I understand to keep it and put it in the capsules, but can it be mixed and eaten with the playdoh balls or should I try to keep it to a minimum amount of residue within the hardened coconut oil ball things?
    Assuming you were fairly careful to remove any sharply pointed/serrated edged leaves from your bud (they can have microscopic thorns that irritate the stomach lining), your fine to use all of it.

Remember, 7 grams of oil (one and a half teaspoons) mixed with 1.5 or 2 grams of ground bud when simmered together will give you (more or less) the right amount of volume to fill 12 capsules (pro-rata). If you don't include (or strain out) the residue, you'll end up with slightly less.

Right now there is hardly any shake type bud in the oil, but there is still some in there.
    When you finish simmering your ground bud and oil, (assuming you haven't used ground up fan leaves etc - see above) you can just tip the whole lot onto a plate and mix it evenly into your capsules, that way your sure of getting every molecule of THC.
    But, if you're not sure, try some with, and some without to test your reactions. i.e did it give you a stomach ache, did you get higher and for longer etc?
    It's worth noting that this isn't just something that applies to capsules, but actually making anything using the fan leaves etc can give some people a stomach ache.

The only times it's happened to me have had more to do with the quantities of crisps, coke and chocolate I 'crammed' down when I had the munchies lol

Let us know how it went
    Cheers flame :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Flameon
    Hi zero, I'm really glad to hear you 'cracked' it!, if your metabolism is anything like mine I bet your feeling very 'mellow' today lol.

By the way, the confusion re the amount of oil is at my end, not yours. With you saying you were going to be using 5 grams I just assumed you were thinking of making 36 capsules not 24, that's why I suggested the extra 7 grams of oil.

Holy cow! I just remembered you packed all that into just 12 capsules, wow, even without the residue it's no wonder you only needed one! :stoned:

Good job and happy 'landings' :thumbsup:
    P.S. Would love to hear what sort of 'experience' you had, ie. any: time distortion, intensity of visual or hearing abilities, munchies etc. Also, forgot to ask how long did you simmer for?
    Oh man what a ride! good god man!! Ok by 8 I thought I must be at the peek as I was sooo mellow and just watching tv like I had smoked probably 3 bowls of great bud. but it just kept going. At 8:30 I was hungry so I eat 2 cheeseburgers. I was soooo high I was actully anyalizing the taste of the cheese burger I was consintraiting on what my tatse buds were tasting lol By 9 I was having memory loss and time was going very slow. I did a test where I turned the clock around and waited for what I thought was 20 mins but was about 5.

I couldnt remember where I put my cigs. so I couldn't smoke all night lol. By 10:30 I was starting to get soo messed up I was seeing trails. Yes like I was begining a trip of acid. I am going to call that the peek.

By 11 i was extremly tired like I couldnt keep my eyes open so I figured I was at the start of coming down. For the next hr I felt a total state of relaxation come over my muscles. Not like normal eating a brownie or 2. To the point where when I lifted my arm it was so relaxed that it almost felt like not much was holding my joints together lol. At this point if I touched my skin it had an feeling of ectacsy.

By about 12:30 I just couldn't stay up anymore. I only got 4 hrs of sleep the night before so im sure that had something to do with it. But on the other hand by about 10:30 I felt like going to sleep as usually if I smoke too much I just crash but I made myself stay up to see what else was coming.

Ok what I used was 3.5 grams of high end exotic bud. 1 gram of left overs from the vaporizer and .5 of keif. lol it was really strong considering I filled the capsules with pure oil. And heres what I did to make them a little stronger. I drilled a piece of wood with 24 holes but shallow. I placed the tops and bottomsthe holes to fill them in . I filled the bottoms all the way to the top. And then filled the tip of the tops. I places the wood into the frezer for about 10 mins and then put them together.

Holy cow !!

And you've got 11 more of those babies to go lol
    I never even thought about filling the tops as well as the bottoms - that's sheer genius :thumbsup:

Oh yes, and the relaxation, touch to the skin feeling like ecstacy thing.
    Might I suggest inviting a 'friend' to enjoy this experience with you on a future occasion.

flame winks at the screen and nudges the computer with his elbow

Trust me on this lol
    Great job zero

Quote Originally Posted by Flameon

Sounds bang on, but with you using 1 tablespoon of oil (14/15 grams), are you planning to make 24 capsules?

I'm looking forward to hearing how you got on.
    Just made 12 capsules with just the oil and no residue. It was enough to fill them all half way.

Well so far we each took one at 12:35pm and my husband felt high by 2:15pm. I did not feel high but rather very relaxed and could have fallen asleep easily. So we decided to each take another and are currently waiting to see how we feel. So far here is a indepth look at how each of us feel:

my husband noted:
    - lack of focus on anything
    - things feel father away and it is a big deal to reach for them
    - excellent pain killer - had his wisdom teeth out last week and said that these killed the pain and were much better than vicodin es, which caused him to get extremely nauseated for the past few days, but with the capsules he said there is absolutely no nausea right now
    - says it's really hard to play the drum part to RockBand on the easy mode

I've noted:
    - extreme overall sense of good feeling
    - muscles are very relaxed
    - could fall asleep easily
    - as with trying the cannamilk recipe found in the recipe section of this site which gave my husband an extreme case of upset stomach to the point he was feeling like he was going to get really sick and almost puke and making my stomach feel funny, there is absolutely no nauseated feelings involved

So it seems that just using the oil in the capsules works but it doesn't seem to compare to your friend being sucked into the television. I think next time we try this we'll try putting the residue in a few and seeing how that works (unfortunately I threw out the residue already )

Also I think we'll try just using 7 grams of oil instead of 15 grams. Was wondering would that make it more potent to use less oil? Do you think we just diluted the potency using more oil because it seems that it still works? (Also thinking that I did use mid grade bud so that may have an effect on the potency as well )

Will post later about how two of these capsules affect us! :hippy:

I LOVE reading these...:thumbsup: I saw some trails too.....been AWHILE since I've seen those....

PS DS...yes I think more oil diluted down the strength of them.

hmm, well, i wanted to try this, but i cant. my main mids guy got busted, and all my other mids guys got new phones etc, so i have NO connect at all now. and to top it off, im broke and dry. sucks. but anyways, im looking to get a part time job, that pays weekly, so i can get some extra money (work for my parents, they pay off my car payment/insurance, which means i have no bills to worry about) so that i can do this. once i get the job ima save up roughly $300 for an ounce of headies, and make caps with that. how many pills could i make with an ounce of headies, and how effective would they be?
    would it be better to buy a qp of mids and make more pills that are weaker (im basing this assumption on the quality of weed, mids bieng way less potent than headies), or an ounce of headies and make less, but more potent pills?
    also, if i was to make hash oil, and put it into caps, would that work as well? because if it will, i may use the whole ounce of headies to make hash oil, and the qp of mids (which would be bought later) to make some more caps.
    any help would be appreciated, this has really caught my interest.

Hmmm....I don't really know GF.....I personally would take the oz of super good bud and make caps out of it but I couldn't really say why that idea appeals to me more than using mids or hash.....I think with the mids the chance of stomach upset would be greater due to having to take more pills to get the same effect. The hash or hash oil.....no idea there since I've never tried it.

Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast