Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1622 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Moving to California need help with some ?'s

oh, don't tell him to bring money, he'll get all pissy with ya ... maybe a few years in 'laid-back' CA will help his attitude ... but, he got himself banned, anyway ... :jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by MrNiceguy421
    My wife and 4 kids "11 year old and three 2 year olds.
    We want to find a city about 15-25 miles from a nice beach or beaches.
    Schools are really important and would love any ideas for nice places to live..

Thanks ahead of time
    I moved to Danville (N. Calif.) from Los Angeles in 2000. I am still in awe of the beauty up here not to mention the wildlife.I've got some pics of the area on my website-
    Sidetracked (Dave Mason)

3.   Advertisements

i'd say around manhattan beach or even up in ventura.. enjoy the lifestyle out here! :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by russ-bob
    Well i just moved to Ukiah and its beautiful here but a ill further from the coastline than you want but check out fort Bragg or just Mendocino county in general is friendlyand i wouldn't mind growing up here if i was a lil one.

~Russ~
    i grew up in Fort Bragg and its Lush, the beaches are great many to choose from you would be on highway 1

Ocean Beach is the place in So Cal with beaches and bud. Schools? I've heard pretty good things about the schools in Temecula and Chino Valley. I think a forum dedicated to schools and education might offer better advice though. Your income may be relevant too, since California real estate is spendy, and some areas are pricier than others.

Good Luck!

Anywhere in or around san diego, cant beat it down here. I live 20 minutes from the beach, 2 hours from the snow in the mountains, and 4 hours from the desert.

anywhere from Irvine South to Oceanside, or Carlsbad, IMO can't beat south OC. Every place is 20 mins or less from the beach and beautiful.

Santa Cruz is the coolest place! I lived there 29 years but moved to Sacramento because the cost of living there is one of the highest in the intire US! I was renting a one bedroom apt for $2400 a month! And that is right at the normal price for a decent place near the beach in Santa Cruz! A 2 bedroom house on the beach in Santa cruz starts about 34 3500bux a month! There are lower priced houses the further from the beach you go! When i land a job down there that pays 90k a year i will move back out there! Sacramento is a nice area you are about 1 hour from the best sking/snow, And 90mins from the ocean!! Greatplace if your looking to buy a nice house at a nice price!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123