Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1547 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Moving to California need help with some ?'s

Crescent City is pretty worthless. I have some family friends up there. Poor schools as Storm Crow said and the only money is from the Prison.

Dave

2.   Advertisements

I would also say Santa Cruz.

Your kids would love the boardwalk, and you're not too far away from San Francisco.

Oh yeah and did I mention the best weed in the world?

Yeah and don't waste your time with southern cali.

NOR CAL TILL I DIE

I would say Carmel (or Monterey / Pacific Grove) if you want a nice community, good schools and a quiet beautiful area. It's about 40 minutes south of Santa Cruz, 2 hours south of San Fran, and about 3.5 hours south of Napa wine country.

I lived in the Carmel area for ~ 5 years and it is my favorite place I have ever lived, bar none. It is the place I always would love to return and live if money was not an object... I moved to San Fran for a job and then to Orange County for another job. I would return to Carmel in a minute if given an opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by MVP
    I would say Carmel (or Monterey / Pacific Grove) if you want a nice community, good schools and a quiet beautiful area. It's about 40 minutes south of Santa Cruz, 2 hours south of San Fran, and about 3.5 hours south of Napa wine country.

I lived in the Carmel area for ~ 5 years and it is my favorite place I have ever lived, bar none. It is the place I always would love to return and live if money was not an object... I moved to San Fran for a job and then to Orange County for another job. I would return to Carmel in a minute if given an opportunity.

Beatiful.

I love that area.

Ever heard of the Asilomar park grounds?

Yeah, Asilomar is great. I used to live at the end of Forest Ave in Pacific Grove in a waterfront apartment overlooking Lovers Point. Asilomar was about 2-3 miles south along the coast heading towards Pebble Beach. A good friend lived in Asilomar. I think he still does...

University City, in san diego great town, I was born there it is just outside of La Jolla 10 minutes from several great beaches and only 15 minutes from Torrey Pines and prices are pretty reasonable to, schools are real good too. After I start and finish flight school I will be moving right back there just the perfect community great parks and Stanley Park has great summer camps and athletic programs.

Humbolt County is great, but you wont be swimming much. Stensin beach is the farthest north that the swimming is any good, and then only in the heat of summer. i was raised in the east bay area and spent many a day at stensin beach and another south of it called Fort Conkite, or pebble beach as known by locals, am not sure if it is open anymore. If money was no object i agree with the carmel area or even further south, depends on how much beach time you want. Personally, i would change the beach to the lakes in Northern CA, Shasta, Trinity, Almanor or even Folsome. I love the mountains and fresh water fishing/skiing. The schools are not full of gangs this far north either as far as i know.
    okay i was high, so, please find below, current update in first thread and second thread is the beginning. first thread will be the one i add to as the grow continues, yes...i was high. :jointsmile:
    08 indoor outdoor grow
    http://boards.cannabis.com/outdoor-g...door-grow.html
    wont be posting here again, if you want to see the beginning start here, yes..i was high:jointsmile:
    08 medical mj grow
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...l-mj-grow.html

Mr.Niceguy421. Please be more specific.California is a very huge state with much to offer. otherwise you will get References like Watts, Compton. Which I personally prefer opposed to the latter. Never the less what is it your looking for, just close to a beach or beaches with good schools?? If so AND you Can afford places like Carmel or Monterey. They are cool. Real Estate can be very complicated in CA. We just went thru this and we managed to do fine. All i can tell you is to do all your resaerch and go and see it for yourself. If nothing else it's a nice vacation for you and your family. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by inbud
    Humbolt County is great, but you wont be swimming much. Stensin beach is the farthest north that the swimming is any good, and then only in the heat of summer. i was raised in the east bay area and spent many a day at stensin beach and another south of it called Fort Conkite, or pebble beach as known by locals, am not sure if it is open anymore. If money was no object i agree with the carmel area or even further south, depends on how much beach time you want. Personally, i would change the beach to the lakes in Northern CA, Shasta, Trinity, Almanor or even Folsome. I love the mountains and fresh water fishing/skiing. The schools are not full of gangs this far north either as far as i know.
    There's actually a lot of gang activity in Northern Cali. Not as much as Southern but you would expect it there.

There's a lot of middle class gangs that dwell in nice suburbia. It's kinda funny cuz they try to act all hood and hard but really there from nice neighborhoods. LOL

:jointsmile: Humboldt County. Bring lotsa money, send the kids to a private school, and grow 99 plants ..:jointsmile:

JOURNEY

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast