Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1896 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

You know, it might even be reasonable to call it a Shame

So, isn't it just a shame when you go to pick a half zone of some non-brick but definitely just reggs medicine and it turns out they have been stuffing orange peels with all of it to make it OVER MOIST??

I mean moist to the point where, when it dries, a whole gram or two might even be gone??

What are some quick ways to cure this madness?

In short, what are your finest ideas to effectively dry your smoke?

Should one just leave it out? Or should one take other measures??
    Gothen Reviewed by Gothen on . You know, it might even be reasonable to call it a Shame So, isn't it just a shame when you go to pick a half zone of some non-brick but definitely just reggs medicine and it turns out they have been stuffing orange peels with all of it to make it OVER MOIST?? I mean moist to the point where, when it dries, a whole gram or two might even be gone?? What are some quick ways to cure this madness? In short, what are your finest ideas to effectively dry your smoke? Should one just leave it out? Or should one take other measures?? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

If possible leave it out in a sunny area for a while, if you can't do that, just put it in an open jar and throw in a ripped off piece of paper to absorb the moisture.

Leave the bud on a plate in a sunny place for approx an hour. Check it regularly to make sure it doesn't get too dry. Wet bud is a bitch. Luckily my dealer will tell me when it's wet and add a few grams.:thumbsup:

It's night out and I sorta was trying to get it a bit dry for a smoke. We rolled a big blunt of this stuff and we had to keep relighting it.

and I don't really have any jars, haven't even used a thing of jelly yet. Any other ideas for a quick dry?

You could try "activating" it, which I think will also dry it a little bit. There's a thread on it:
    http://boards.cannabis.com/experienc...your-weed.html
    If you read through that for awhile, you'll get to different people's opions on it and different techniques. I've done it in an oven at 200F for 20 mins when making green dragon, but never to smoke. When I did it, it dried the stuff out. Some peopel use the microwave, but I'm not sure if that would dry it or just heat it up. I'd suggest the oven, but not too hot!
    More of the same: Renger\'s Rantings

I'd also heard the over idea before, does anyone know the specific temps I should use and for how long?? Never put weed in the oven before, and I don't want to screw up a whole half.

I've heard of people using up to 320F or so for a few minutes for activation. I think some cannabinoids can start to vaporize in the mid 300's, so definitely lower than that.

If all you want to do is dry it, then I would try the 200F. That is not too hot. Preheat to 200F so that the temeperature does not fluctuate as the oven heats up. Then just put in as much as you want to smoke right now, or are willing to "risk." (Not really all that risky!) Keep checking it, and pull it out when you think it is as dry as you want. Don't get stoned and forget it's in there!

If you are really worried, use a lower temp. My oven goes down to 150. I would think that would dry anything out pretty quickly --- at least as fast as leaving it in the sun.

One last note: When I used 200F, it started to get really aromatic, so I had to run the kitchen vent fan. Don't try it if you need to be sneaky, bacause it will smell up your house a bit.
    More of the same: Renger\'s Rantings

Get a hairdryer and be careful. Just dry what you need to smoke though so you don't ruin all the weed if you make a mistake.

Well, incidentally, I gave up. I just separated it into 2 quads: one all nuggs, the other the shake and small nuggs.

I then broke up all the material in the second bag and am using that to smoke on. I'll leave my nuggs in the sammwhich baggie and by the time I get the first quad done, they'll be just right.

dude uh wt...f?? sounds like u need to get a better supply of good chronic that was taken care of.

sounds like someone is trying to rip u off. tell that person to learn a damn thing or 2 about curing buds. this peel deal is 100% shady bro..not cool.

best of luck man i know how shit can go sometimes. blaze on!

DONNY:stoned: