Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1528 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: Is your car an automatic or manual?

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automatic

54 48.21%
  • Manual

43 38.39%
  • I don't have a car yet

15 13.39%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Automatic or manual?

Simple poll. Do you drive an automatic or manual?

I drive a manual and love it. I'm definitely sticking with manual with every car I get. It's just more fun to drive and you have a lot more control. Automatics are just too easy to drive. I catch myself looking for the clutch whenever I have to drive a friends car when they get too drunk to drive and I didn't take my car.

Another quick question. Do you all think driving a manual makes you a better driver?
    Veratyr Star Reviewed by Veratyr Star on . Automatic or manual? Simple poll. Do you drive an automatic or manual? I drive a manual and love it. I'm definitely sticking with manual with every car I get. It's just more fun to drive and you have a lot more control. Automatics are just too easy to drive. I catch myself looking for the clutch whenever I have to drive a friends car when they get too drunk to drive and I didn't take my car. Another quick question. Do you all think driving a manual makes you a better driver? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Automatic or manual?

I have automatic, but just cuz it was my mom's car.

I love manual and I will definately make sure my next car is manual.

A manual transmission brings you so much closer to the car, gives you more power and control.
    all posts under this user name are purely for role playing purposes

Automatic or manual?

Automatic. Now. My first four cars I had were all manual transmission cars, and that's what I learned to drive on, too.

I like shifting. I agree that it gives you more power and control. So does a bigger motor, though, and I like the smoothness of the automatic in the car I drive now. I have gotten used to not shifting but wouldn't be bothered if I had to go back to a stick.
    [SIZE=\"4\"]\"That best portion of a good man\'s life: his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.\"[/SIZE]
    [align=center]William Wordsworth, English poet (1770 - 1850)[/align]

Automatic or manual?

It is possible to drive a manual just as smoothly as an automatic. I have driven with many people who say that when I drive my manual it at least feels better than than other people who drive stick, and sometimes people tell me it feels like an automatic.

A bigger motor may give you more power, but not necessarily more control ;-) Remember that the suspension and braking system are what give you the most control.

Automatic or manual?

Automatic, but within the next two years I intend to embark on a project for a 1984-1989 E30 that will hopefully be manual, I've always wanted to learn.

Automatic or manual?

OK i lied and I'm sorry......I thought it was a preference ok to make the poll valid someone with a Manuel say they drive an Automatic and I think we should be ok. I'm oh so sorry and I think I'm going to be getting some negative ratting and I'm ok with that:thumbsup:

Automatic or manual?

id like to master manual...it seems like a BA way to go...last time i drove stick i stuttered and stalled a bunch of times but it was my first time ever trying in HS DE.

i have an automatic and i think my tranny is about to go.

Automatic or manual?

I have both an automatic and a manual. I do prefer the stick shift, but I drive the automatic more.
    I have a wicked "clutch foot" though and have to keep it tucked away when I'm driving my automatic, because any pedal my left foot touches gets shoved to the floor. Not so good when the only pedal is the brake. (I've been known to forget I'm driving an automatic)

Automatic or manual?

I will never go back to an automatic. I love the extra control you get with a stick, although the incredibly smooth drive you get with an automatic is nice.

Automatic or manual?

automatic, but i can drive manual.... i learned in my dad's 99 camaro...

when i get my dream car (or if actually...) it WILL be manual.. there are just so many reasons to get manual over automatic, unless it's just some get to work and back car...

easier to work on, less expensive on transmission repairs/building, less to go wrong with it, can pull more torque and power out of it....

it also never hurts to know how to drive a manual..... i mean if shit happens and you only know automatic, you might be screwed... not everyone who can drive a manual can drive a stick..... but everyone who can drive a stick can drive a manual....

it's never a bad thing ot learn....

the only thing that throws me off is clutches... i really hate that part.... cuz like i said i learned in my dad's car, that was new and powerful.... then me and the wife go to a friends one day and soem more people show up and everyone decided to go to another person's house.. some guy htere that owned a manual truck wanted to ride in the car with everyone else (they were all catching up, not my friends lol) and i was the only one that even knew how to drive a stick... i get in the truck and kill it 3 times....

see, if i'd of 'popped' teh clutch in my dad's car, we'd of hit 40 in about 20 yards... but for this shitty truck, you HAD to pop the clutch, or it'd just die...

i felt stupid... REALLY stupid.... cuz i wasn't kidding, i did know how, he just never warned me his clutch was fucked up, til he was in the truck and we were driving there.... (hell lol... someone who didn't know how to drive it wouldn't of even gotten it started, much less got it to back outta the drive way... for those who may not know, it's not just turning a key )

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast