Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1307 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok i have to say it (halo)

Quote Originally Posted by Veratyr Star
    You can't compare GTA to Halo to see who should and should not be overrated. They are two totally different games.

People who love FPS games and love cooperative play, love Halo. It is one of the best FPS games out there. Plus you can play with a friend (or go online), making its replay value very high.
    were not just comparing gta to halo.. were comparing to pretty much all games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Rogue
    Halo is the FPS. The community makes the game great, i dunno about the story line, i only play online. It's all about clan wars.
    I completely agree with you. Halo 2 was all about the online play and i have spent soooo many hours on xbox live playing matchmaking. Halo 3 however seems to have a very good campaign this time from what ive played so far

3.   Advertisements

halo is the shit, its multiplayer is so spot on it is unblivable.

yes it was derived from mac but its not the only game to have started on a different system.

yes the marketing is over board, but thats hardly bungies fault

the single player story is a little weak but there are games where it is worse.

ive heard all kind of insults and ways to pull it down, but at the end of the day the people vote with their feet.

as for the last game. it is essentally the end of the fight with the covenant for the control of the halo rings. therefore the end of this story arc

but what bungie do so well and why so many people love it, is because the halo universe is massive.

halo wars is a prequal to the envents of the first game

and it is likely that they will create other games. probably detailing other spartans and the other missions detailed within the books and comics. (not read them just wiki)

the halo universe is equivilent to that of marvel or dc comics in that everything is thought out and has its place.

but more than anything the games are just fun as fuck to play. story mode is a wikid sort of introduction, before the hardcore of multiplayer takes place.

people complain, but look at golden eye and the replay factor of that. the story was hardly groundbreaking.

peace

Quote Originally Posted by snowblind
    halo is the shit, its multiplayer is so spot on it is unblivable.

yes it was derived from mac but its not the only game to have started on a different system.

yes the marketing is over board, but thats hardly bungies fault

the single player story is a little weak but there are games where it is worse.

ive heard all kind of insults and ways to pull it down, but at the end of the day the people vote with their feet.

as for the last game. it is essentally the end of the fight with the covenant for the control of the halo rings. therefore the end of this story arc

but what bungie do so well and why so many people love it, is because the halo universe is massive.

halo wars is a prequal to the envents of the first game

and it is likely that they will create other games. probably detailing other spartans and the other missions detailed within the books and comics. (not read them just wiki)

the halo universe is equivilent to that of marvel or dc comics in that everything is thought out and has its place.

but more than anything the games are just fun as fuck to play. story mode is a wikid sort of introduction, before the hardcore of multiplayer takes place.

people complain, but look at golden eye and the replay factor of that. the story was hardly groundbreaking.

peace
    Yes yes god yes couldn't of said it better myself. I obviously agree one hundred percent. I think their are so many good qualities in halo and the halo universe that writing it off of should be damn near inconceivable :thumbsup:

I've been playing all day, skipped out of work and got high and played halo 3. This game is so FUN! I really like it, multiplayer is off the chains and the graphics are good, which suprised me. I didn't like halo2, but this game comes so far over the top and has so many configurations its off the chains. I mean you can lauch a 4x4 through the air with another player on back shooting rockets as you fly across the map, now imagine 16 people all doing crazy shit like that at once and you've got halo3!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotpsycho
    i'ts weird to see someone who agrees with me on this.... moreso that you are a gamer... (hardcore or not)

GTA has brought to the table far more then any other game even imagined... sure there are parts that are in other games, but no game combined them and a story line in such a way that made it as spectacular..... even the lack of graphics isn't disputed, ever. there are few games that are as great as GTA.. you can pick it up and be a hardcore gamer and work weeks-months completing it 100% or you can just pick it up and raise hell among the city..... few games are like that, and imo it's one of the things that made it so great and coveted...

Umm no Gta only brought something new with GTA 3! Each game after that was exactly the same with different story lines. Every kid and adult in my neighborhood plays this game and if i ask them what makes it so good 9 times out of 10 they'll just talk about all the ruckus you can cause. Its actually getting kinda old to me. Im just really gonna buy GTA 4 because on the previews everyone is talking about how it has taken a new turn. The only one i really give props to for being ground breaking was GTA3 and the liberty city stories for the psp. The psp version only makes it because some how that game looked better than the PS2 versions and played damn well. Rockstar does well with the GTA series but all have been the same since 3, lets hope 4 really raises the bar as promised.

The formula is quite the same throughout the whole series, GTA III just did a miraculous job of changing it from 2D to 3D. I find it funny however that many Halo bashers bash it for being more of the same, but then turn around and praise GTA. GTA has done the EXACT same thing in each sequel, just added more to it. They gave us new storyline in the same story arc (being connected in some way or another to eachother) they kept the same gameplay and just expanded upon it. , they gave the fans more things they wanted, they added more vehicles, more weapons, made the land bigger, gave us swimming eventually, the gameplay kept the exact same formula but added a few addition in each version. Halo series has done the same thing. The storyline continued and expanded on previous they gave us more vehicles to use, more weapon variety more types of enemies.

They are true sequels. I love GTA and I find it to be a better series than Halo. I find GTA to have much more gameplay value vs the $$ spent, I find the storylines to be better as well. That's not to take anything away from Halo though. GTA is of the new sandbox genre which usually combines several genres to create a crossbreed that can appeal to many for different reasons. Halo is a FPS genre specific game and will only appeal to those that enjoy FPS titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkane
    The formula is quite the same throughout the whole series, GTA III just did a miraculous job of changing it from 2D to 3D. I find it funny however that many Halo bashers bash it for being more of the same, but then turn around and praise GTA. GTA has done the EXACT same thing in each sequel, just added more to it. They gave us new storyline in the same story arc (being connected in some way or another to eachother) they kept the same gameplay and just expanded upon it. , they gave the fans more things they wanted, they added more vehicles, more weapons, made the land bigger, gave us swimming eventually, the gameplay kept the exact same formula but added a few addition in each version. Halo series has done the same thing. The storyline continued and expanded on previous they gave us more vehicles to use, more weapon variety more types of enemies.

They are true sequels. I love GTA and I find it to be a better series than Halo. I find GTA to have much more gameplay value vs the $$ spent, I find the storylines to be better as well. That's not to take anything away from Halo though. GTA is of the new sandbox genre which usually combines several genres to create a crossbreed that can appeal to many for different reasons. Halo is a FPS genre specific game and will only appeal to those that enjoy FPS titles.
    i find it funny all you EVER talk about, atleast in someone else's thread in this section, is grouping 'halo bashers' together and noticing everything they do... but you seem to ignore xbox/360 fans multiple and completely, unfounded shit talking...

and actually, vice city, gta III and san andreas were all drasticly diffrent.... diffrent story lines, diffrent cities, diffrent cars, new missions, each brought completely new vheicles into it that the last didn't have, not to mention it was a complete diffrent time line for each and every one....

so no, the GTA series isn't the same game over and over to the level halo is.... same crappy story line, same guns and weapons for the most parts, hell 2 even had alot of the same damn maps that 1 had.... what'd 2 bring to the table that 1 didn't have? couple of weapons...? upgraded weapons on cetain vheicles... like the cannon on the warthog...?

here i'll show you everything new each game brought.... (Aside from the obvious of time lines and story lines)

GTA III: 3D enviroment, and open ended... and of course the now famously brutal fighting style/shoot out style that GTA is utimately famous for...

GTA VC: motorcycles, helicopters, new weapons, more expansive cities, new line of cars, highly upgraded graphics from the last, upgraded fighting style, boats, introduction of obtaining property, more brutal and graphic scenes

GTA SA: a majorly even more expanisve map, rigs, planes, the ability to buy property with money, dating/relationships (although not one of the better upgrades, if ound it quite pointless honestly) 2 player ability, gang territory, eating/excercising and other 'health care', the ability to swim, 'skydiving', an infanetly more expansive selection of cars/vheicles, even more weapons, enough more worth mentioning (not some sword and battle rifle BS) burglarly and other 'questionable' means of making money.... and yet again, even higher graphics...

Quote Originally Posted by slipknotpsycho
    i find it funny all you EVER talk about, atleast in someone else's thread in this section, is grouping 'halo bashers' together and noticing everything they do... but you seem to ignore xbox/360 fans multiple and completely, unfounded shit talking...

and actually, vice city, gta III and san andreas were all drasticly diffrent.... diffrent story lines, diffrent cities, diffrent cars, new missions, each brought completely new vheicles into it that the last didn't have, not to mention it was a complete diffrent time line for each and every one....

so no, the GTA series isn't the same game over and over to the level halo is.... same crappy story line, same guns and weapons for the most parts, hell 2 even had alot of the same damn maps that 1 had.... what'd 2 bring to the table that 1 didn't have? couple of weapons...? upgraded weapons on cetain vheicles... like the cannon on the warthog...?

here i'll show you everything new each game brought.... (Aside from the obvious of time lines and story lines)

GTA III: 3D enviroment, and open ended... and of course the now famously brutal fighting style/shoot out style that GTA is utimately famous for...

GTA VC: motorcycles, helicopters, new weapons, more expansive cities, new line of cars, highly upgraded graphics from the last, upgraded fighting style, boats, introduction of obtaining property, more brutal and graphic scenes

GTA SA: a majorly even more expanisve map, rigs, planes, the ability to buy property with money, dating/relationships (although not one of the better upgrades, if ound it quite pointless honestly) 2 player ability, gang territory, eating/excercising and other 'health care', the ability to swim, 'skydiving', an infanetly more expansive selection of cars/vheicles, even more weapons, enough more worth mentioning (not some sword and battle rifle BS) burglarly and other 'questionable' means of making money.... and yet again, even higher graphics...
    we have not agreed in the past, but i'd have to agree with u on this one. and out of all the games out for the 360 now with the gaylo let down, i'd have to say i find myself playing skate alot. as it turned out to be a great game and has improved alot over the same old tony hawk games it has shown to be a great game.and not as big of a learning curve as i thought it would be compared to the button smashing on the tonyhawk games after about 30 mins u pick it up quick.

yeah at first i heard reviews saying that whole new joystick thing would be the destruction of the game... but so far, it's seems to of got nothing but positive reviews... i still haven't gotten around to installing the demo....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast