Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1640 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

what does everything mean??

alright, i've been reading as much as I can on this forum trying to figure out what techniques I want to use for my very first grow, but I'm confused as everyone just uses a series of letters to describe what they are doing! so if someone could please enlighten me, what do things like LST, LIT, SCROG, MIT, PBS, CIA, STD, HIV, BBC, etc. stand for?

alright, most of those i haven't actually seen on here, but you get the idea!

Brendan
    i_have_feet Reviewed by i_have_feet on . what does everything mean?? alright, i've been reading as much as I can on this forum trying to figure out what techniques I want to use for my very first grow, but I'm confused as everyone just uses a series of letters to describe what they are doing! so if someone could please enlighten me, what do things like LST, LIT, SCROG, MIT, PBS, CIA, STD, HIV, BBC, etc. stand for? alright, most of those i haven't actually seen on here, but you get the idea! Brendan Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by i_have_feet
    alright, i've been reading as much as I can on this forum trying to figure out what techniques I want to use for my very first grow, but I'm confused as everyone just uses a series of letters to describe what they are doing! so if someone could please enlighten me, what do things like LST, LIT, SCROG, MIT, PBS, CIA, STD, HIV, BBC, etc. stand for?

alright, most of those i haven't actually seen on here, but you get the idea!

Brendan
    Lazy NOOB !!!!!
    lst = lo stress training
    scrog = screen of green
    sog = sea of green
    fim = fuk i missed
    hid = hi intensity discharge
    hps = hi press sodium
    mh = metal halide
    cfl= compact flour lighting
    mit = mass inst of tech
    pbs = public broadcast sys -or- pretty bad sensi.
    bbc = big block chevy -or- british broadcasting cynd. ? Lip ?????
    cia= coroupt intel agency
    hiv = a.i.d.s = anal inflicted death sentance

A Sticky Maybe ????

Peace
    Crispi :jointsmile:

Quote Originally Posted by xcrispi
    Lazy NOOB !!!!!
    lst = lo stress training
    scrog = screen of green
    sog = sea of green
    fim = fuk i missed
    hid = hi intensity discharge
    hps = hi press sodium
    mh = metal halide
    cfl= compact flour lighting
    mit = mass inst of tech
    pbs = public broadcast sys -or- pretty bad sensi.
    bbc = big block chevy -or- british broadcasting cynd. ? Lip ?????
    cia= coroupt intel agency
    hiv = a.i.d.s = anal inflicted death sentance

A Sticky Maybe ????

Peace
    Crispi :jointsmile:
    Kudos and (lol) to Crispi for the awesome list! Just to define each term now that the acronym is broken down, I'll take it the next logical step (short explanations)...

low stress training - taking the side branches of a plant and securing them with a small amount of stress to a solid base (usually via a tie down method). This induces stress and causes the side branches to grow up and out from the main stem, producing colas similar to the apical stem.

screen of green - like SOG but with a screen to aid with various functions

sea of green - many plants packed into a tight area, usually limited in their maximum height. Many times you will see SOG setups in meters squared configuration. These are very dense and high yielding setups.

fuk i missed - originally printed in HT sometime back. You take the top 25-35% of a growing tip off with a blade, sometimes in a curved pattern (bowl shape) instead of slicing the whole growing tip off (aka "topping"). This produces multiple growing tips from the primary site and is regarded by some as superior to topping.

hi intensity discharge - type of lighting system used in more expensive indoor setups.

hps = hi press sodium - another expensive lighting system, these are used for just about everything indoors when not using CFLs, HIDs, or MH due to their decent spectrum (they can be used for veg and flower).

metal halide - again more lighting, pick your poison (see a lighting FAQ for more details)

compact flourescent lighting - the cheap, small, "energy efficient" bulbs you see all the time on TV that look like tiny tubes coiled up in weird patterns and fit in regular light sockets. Very good starting lights and extremely inexpensive. Can be used equally well in flower and veg.

mass inst of tech - seriously?

public broadcast sys -or- pretty bad sensi. - lol

bbc = big block chevy -or- british broadcasting cynd. ? Hah I am going with the latter, unless we are talking a '67 Camaro...

corupt intel agency - the DEA's mentally challenged cousin. Then again, they all have mental handicaps...

anal inflicted death sentance - what happens when you get busted for growing with intent to distribute

Quote Originally Posted by Delta9Haze420
    fuk i missed - originally printed in HT sometime back. You take the top 25-35% of a growing tip off with a blade, sometimes in a curved pattern (bowl shape) instead of slicing the whole growing tip off (aka "topping"). This produces multiple growing tips from the primary site and is regarded by some as superior to topping.
    I always thought it was 80% to 90%.

Crispi I can't believe you took the time, I wasn't going too.LOL
    [SIZE=\"5\"]I\'m back after a long break!![SIZE=\"5\"][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Hey Pete ,
    Only did it in hopes of a vacab. sticky so we wouldn't have to go thru this all the time .

DWC = Deep Water Culture
    NFT = Nutrient Film Techn.
    G/H = General Hydroponics
    A/N = Advanced Nutes
    W/F = Water Farm

Come on folks add to the list . Help the slow kids out so they don't have to learn to use the "SEARCH" function on our site .

Crispi

Come on folks add to the list . Help the slow kids out so they don't have to learn to use the "SEARCH" function on our site .
    You mean you can actually search for things on this site...... Holy new function batman where do i learn how to use that?:thumbsup:

ah, you guys forgot the MOST important Tip of all : 'K.I.S.S.' :wtf: ... (keep it simple, stupid) ... nothing kills plants quicker than 'over-love' ... I have a single Willie Nelson outdoors, in the record-heat, now it's cold and rainy ... I virtually ignore her, and she is doing wonderfully ... the deer have eaten every tomato and pepper plant in my yard, and haven't come near that Willie ... go figure ... Bambi probably will eat her the day before harvest

Quote Originally Posted by the image reaper
    Bambi probably will eat her the day before harvest
    LOL nice reap. Just stick this picture up on a sign out by Willie :thumbsup:.

On the FIM % - I don't remember what the actual percentage is, seriously come on - I am not going to do ALL the work, even if I did some. Either way, there's no way to get it exact. The point is cut off part of the growing tip, but not all of it. I very seriously doubt % matters much as long as at least 30-40% is left over on the plant.

HECP - herbaceous energy crops program
    HOC - hydrophobic organic compounds
    SDS - sodium dodecyl sulfate
    SGP - single gauss point
    SRWCP - short rotation woody crop program

And one of my favorites,

AIFHTSAWAYDISWW - "'Aint It Funny How Time Slips Away' When All You Do Is Smoke With Willie"

EDIT***

BTW Reap, IDK why but I just now noticed your siggy. RIP HST indeed...

A sticky! Oh yay!
    I was actually in the process of writing up a little glossary to tack up here somewhere. But this is better.

Great work & some good laughs guys & Girls (Sh*t almost forgot & ran the risk of a be..atch slapping from stinky:thumbsup.

"On the FIM % - I don't remember what the actual percentage is, seriously come on - I am not going to do ALL the work"

On the FIM topic once the noobs learn to use the search function there is already a good thread on the site about FIM & it has pics which show exactly where to cut. Don't have a bookmark to the exact thread on this site but here is the link it has in it to the pics. I used it for the clones I FIM'd.

Grow Marijuana FAQ, Cannabis cultivation - marijuana growing tips & photos

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook