Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1590 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

How To Grow Purple Bud?

how can I grow purple bud?

Grand Daddy Purps and Purple Erkle are clone only strains and all the other solid purple strans are outdoor. There are a few options like blueberry and some others but they only have a slight tint of purple.

What strain would possibly cure to look like these buds?

PURPLE POTThe color of kings can add a royal flush to your herb. :: hightimes.com
    GRAPES OF WRATH From Purple Urkel to Grape Ape to Lavender, violet-colored cannabis varieties have piqued the interest of many ganja growers in the last several years. American seed breeder Subcool investigates the facts and the myths about cannabis

I have done some searching and I know that you need to drop the temperatures at night to make the buds turn purple but just the fan leaves turn ... in the pictures on hightimes the entire bud was violet. Anyone have any strain suggestions or pictures of solid violet buds they have grow or maybe a link to an article discussing turning your pot purple?
    Thehulkster321 Reviewed by Thehulkster321 on . How To Grow Purple Bud? how can I grow purple bud? Grand Daddy Purps and Purple Erkle are clone only strains and all the other solid purple strans are outdoor. There are a few options like blueberry and some others but they only have a slight tint of purple. What strain would possibly cure to look like these buds? PURPLE POTThe color of kings can add a royal flush to your herb. :: hightimes.com GRAPES OF WRATH From Purple Urkel to Grape Ape to Lavender, violet-colored cannabis varieties have piqued the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

How To Grow Purple Bud?

From what I have read, if the leaves are purple, it is because of a N deficiency. That is not desirable. Purple buds are genetic, so you cannot make a plant that isn't genetically programmed to have purple flowers sprout purple flowers.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

I found another interesting article

"Other than green, purple is the most common color in living marijuana. Triggered by seasonal temperature changes (just as trees change color in the fall), the vibrant hues of the mature pot plant are also the result of genetics and the creativity of the cultivator or breeder.

Indoors and outdoors, color can be influenced by deficiencies as well as by temperature. The intense green of chlorophyll usually overpowers other colors, such as red, orange and the coveted purple. Chlorophyll tends to break down late in the season, and a pigment known as anthocyanin is unmasked and allowed to show through.

For purple color to develop upon maturation, a strain must have the genetic potential to produce anthocyanin pigments. However, the color might never be shown if environmental conditions donâ??t cause chlorophyll breakdown. Colombian and Hindu Kush strains tend to develop purple coloration when subjected to low night temperatures during the end of their life cycles. Purple Orangutan, originally from Afghanistan with heavy traits of the Hindu Kush, produces some of the darkest purple and blue tones found in any marijuana strain.

Another pigment called carotenoid is largely responsible for the yellow, orange, red and brown colors of marijuana. These colors begin to show in the leaves and calyxes of certain strains as the green chlorophyll color fades. Gold strains reveal underlying yellow and orange pigments as they mature. Red strains are usually closer to reddish brown in color, though certain carotenoid and anthocyanin pigments are nearly red, and streaks of these colors occasionally appear in the petioles (the slender stems supporting the leaflets) in ripe flowers. The red color in pressed, low-grade tops often consists of masses of reddish-brown dried pistils."

How To Grow Purple Bud?

tempature can make your buds turn purple if its below 60 lots of indicas will turn purple but it will slow down growth but ive heard that it also increases resin production there are also plants that will change color in the heat also

How To Grow Purple Bud?

I also found some possible strain choices

I am doing an indoor grow and its a sog so short dense plants are ideal ... mainly ones from afgahni heritage.

I came across

Mendo Purps
    https://www.*****online.com/seed_pac...Indoor/Outdoor

Purps x Afgahni
    https://www.*****online.com/seed_pac...gory=T.H.Seeds

Bluemoon x BOGBubble
    https://www.*****online.com/seed_pac...egory=Plan%20B

Lavender
    https://www.*****online.com/seed_pac...&category=Soma

All have afgahni herritage and are short and stout but right now the mendo purps looks like the most purple colored bud but hopefully I can find some pictures of cured bud to compare ... lavender also looked like a good indoor bud becuase I remeber reading an article saying Purple Erkles herritage was believed to have came from Lavender.

One of these natrually purpling strains combined with enviormental factors needed to produce the purple coloring should give me some nice solid violet buds.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Soory didnt realize I couldnt post links to seed banks ... looks like they got bleeped out anyways

I will edit and provide pictures of the buds in a minute

How To Grow Purple Bud?

I think this could be a really good thread.

Is there anyone on this forum who has experimented with using temperature changes to alter color and resin production? I have absolutely no interest in the aesthetics of the plant if it doesn't also improve the effects. However, if a change in color is also associated with an increase in resin production without a decrease in potency, then I would be very interested. Aesthetics are good to have as long as quality is not compromised. Growing purple marijuana that does have any unique or specific effect on the mind, or that is not any more potent than any other "normal" colored strain is asinine in my opinion.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

I hear you on that, i got an outdoor grow goin, and i'm breeding Grape Ape, and Cinderella 99, it's gonna my crowning achievement so far, i'm so hig just thinkin about it.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

purple maxx

it is a product

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Grape Ape

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast