Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1732 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Foliar application of SnowStorm once a week in flower.
    Temps dropping to 60-65 at night (yeah the plants are pissed, you ever hear the term 'pissed purple? heh heh) I don't recommend this until the last couple weeks, IF THAT, of flower.
    Purple genetics on the Toxic Lemon and Yeag's MTF (LH corner, purplest)

How To Grow Purple Bud?

My buddy grows some Grand Daddy Purps

He told me that he does not drop temps or anything, he just grows it and late into growing, it turns purple.

Indoor btw.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

ive heard that you can put em into the freezer for a few hours after youve cured them... not sure about the details or if that was the right order...anybody know something about that?

How To Grow Purple Bud?

That doesn't really make sense to me. You want to encourage the LIVING plant to produce its maximum purple pigment, and then at the end of flower, to encourage it to use up all its green pigment (chlorophyll) which often masks pure, clear purple coloring in healthy plants.
    'Round these parts, the outdoor folks will sometimes let their crops take a frost. Personally, I'd be hesitant to do that, because of the potential for physical damage, but it will certainly help to bring out pruple coloring in genetically predisposed plants.

5.   Advertisements

How To Grow Purple Bud?

There is of course a difference between purple leaves and purple bud. Lots of growers will leave some extra leaf on the bud if it had turned purple. This can give the herb a not so surprisingly leafy taste to it.
    The purple calyxes are the goal if one wants purple bud. I find the GDP tops turn slightly purple on the tips of the calyxes, but it is mostly the leaves that turn purple. This can be seen in the picture posted above by revanche.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Heres his new batch: Mr. Nice Purple

Enjoy.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

I know this is really late, but felt like chiming in anyway. I have a few Pure Power Plants flowering outside right now, November 20th (I live in the south). I too noticed purple flowers and attribute this to the change in temperatures, especially at night. The plants are doing incredibly well considering how late in the season it is, and I must admit the entire grow was an experiment to see how long I could extend my growing season. However, back to the point at hand - none of my PPP have ever exhibited purple flowers until this grow. I hope to see more change color, as it is beautiful.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Hey brotha' - Thehulkster321,

I like this thread and we can use the tips but... I think the pic you have labeled as your target has been slightly color corrected.

It probably looked more like this before CC.

http://www.shinyredguitar.com/ShinyR...ple5_200CC.jpg

How To Grow Purple Bud?

you just completly altered everything and anything that i thought to be my breeding programs goal. Around here if you showed up with bright yellow and bright purple swag you would be able to offload it real fast for a lot of money. anybody know of any purple or blue coloered autoflowering strains?

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Quote Originally Posted by Thehulkster321
    Purple Erkle are clone only
    Not True. I have seeds from a hermy.
    I am not sure that such a thing exists. I also am not sure that you could feasably keep a strain around on clones alone. It is my understanding that the genes will eventually give way after so many generations of cloning.
    Am I wrong?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast