Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1601 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Ahh. Well, I've never been one to give much of a shit about what anyone else thought, and in my opinion if they are naive enough to let the looks of pot affect their viewpoint of its quality then someone needs to get some pretty weed and go there and sell it to them for $500 a Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehulkster321
    I am interested in resin production but I'll be honest and say that 'm more interested in "looks" ... I have plently of bomb weed so I'm just tryng to grow some stuff no one has ever seen

I had a zip of purple erkle and my white widow was a way better high but the entire town said the purple buds were 10x better mainly becuase it looked "cool"

I'll have to look in to the product purple maxx

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Overview of Thread

"Other than green, purple is the most common color in living marijuana. Triggered by seasonal temperature changes (just as trees change color in the fall), the vibrant hues of the mature pot plant are also the result of genetics and the creativity of the cultivator or breeder.

Indoors and outdoors, color can be influenced by deficiencies as well as by temperature. The intense green of chlorophyll usually overpowers other colors, such as red, orange and the coveted purple. Chlorophyll tends to break down late in the season, and a pigment known as anthocyanin is unmasked and allowed to show through.

For purple color to develop upon maturation, a strain must have the genetic potential to produce anthocyanin pigments. However, the color might never be shown if environmental conditions donâ??t cause chlorophyll breakdown. Colombian and Hindu Kush strains tend to develop purple coloration when subjected to low night temperatures during the end of their life cycles. Purple Orangutan, originally from Afghanistan with heavy traits of the Hindu Kush, produces some of the darkest purple and blue tones found in any marijuana strain.

Another pigment called carotenoid is largely responsible for the yellow, orange, red and brown colors of marijuana. These colors begin to show in the leaves and calyxes of certain strains as the green chlorophyll color fades. Gold strains reveal underlying yellow and orange pigments as they mature. Red strains are usually closer to reddish brown in color, though certain carotenoid and anthocyanin pigments are nearly red, and streaks of these colors occasionally appear in the petioles (the slender stems supporting the leaflets) in ripe flowers. The red color in pressed, low-grade tops often consists of masses of reddish-brown dried pistils."

----------------------------------------------------------------

We then scome across an interesting and undertested product proven to turn buds purple...

PURPLE MAXX

This product has been in development for over 2 years under the name of STACKER. We discovered a combination of organic compounds that would encourage plants to â??stackâ? their flowering sites closer together, increase resin production and flower size and stimulate extreme crystal development. Early this year we were optimizing a feeding regimen using GRAVITY and STACKER that would lead to even more extreme results when 2 of our beta testers out in the hills reported that STACKER caused their plants to turn dark purple! We decided to rename it PURPLE MAXX. Word spread like wildfire through the hills of Humboldt County and soon we were handing out 50-100 samples a week. Soon people were coming in asking for gallons! Please keep in mind: This is an experimental product that we donâ??t think is ready for market but due to extreme demand we are releasing it in limited quantities.

DIRECTIONS:

No one should buy this product with the expectation that they will get a drastic color change with one or two applications. That only happens for about 1/4 to 1/3 of our testers when they foliar feed or water with PURPLE MAXX about 3 weeks before finish. Many people claim it doesnâ??t cause any color change at all. The following directions are presently the latest refinement in the feeding schedule. This product usually causes a massive uptake of nutrients so fertilizer solution should be cut back by about 1/3 (750-900 ppm). (1) If you are close to the end of the flowering cycle it would be best to feed PURPLE MAXX with plain water. Use 1/2 to 1 tsp. of MAXX per gallon of water right up to the end. If you have good air circulation you can spray with 1/2 to 1 tsp/ gallon. Some testers have used a lot more. (2) If you are just starting the bloom cycle, use 1/2 to 1 tsp. per gallon of water and apply about once a week or foliar feed with 2 ml/ gallon (1 tsp/ 2 1/2 gallons of water). If plants show no sign of tip burn, nutrient strength can be increased somewhat. Regardless of color change, almost all testers over the past 2 years have noticed extreme crystallization, increased resin production and larger more massive flowersâ??especially when used with GRAVITY.

HYDROPONIC APPLICATIONS:

At this time, hydro is a big unknown. One thing for certain- DO NOT USE AN AERATOR! If using PURPLE MAXX in the reservoir, it should be added the day before a reservoir change. Best is to use the foliar feed method as far into bloom as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Most important thing in growing purple weed is to have bud capable of turning purple ... best way to do this would be to choose the best strain possible. Urkle, GDP, or Grape Ape would be best choices but are clone only

The Next Best Thing is...

Da Purps
    Finally the release that the world has been waiting for... The Mendo Purps! A strain of legend, we were gifted this at the 2004 Cannabis Cup. The result is some of the best tasting smoke the world has ever seen. It took us two years to release this strain but everyday has been worth the wait. Dense yields of pure purple. The taste is soothing, the buds dank, the bouquet is comparable to even the God. The high is uplifting, soaring, clear, with zero burnout and a deep taste of purple that lingers forever. If you want a garden so dank that you will start questioning the true meaning of life go with The Purps.

Querkle
    http://boards.cannabis.com/cannabis-...4-querkle.html

3.   Advertisements

How To Grow Purple Bud?

DA PURPS

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Querkle

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Cali Orange Purple Pheono
    Blackberry Nug
    High Times Urkle

My goal is to get some buds looking like the blackberry nug posted above ... clearly its possible

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Heres some actual Erkle
    to bad I cant get my hands on any and have to work with only crosses of it...

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Some of the best Purps Ive ever seen

How To Grow Purple Bud?

If nothing else they're definitely pretty!

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Start with purple genetics.
    Add a purple nutrient additive.
    Drop your temps.
    Watch the nOObs drool.

Purple ain't nuttin' but a color. Some of the worst bud I've ever grown was purple... pretty as fuck... tasted like your average brick.

It's all about what your goals are.

How To Grow Purple Bud?

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyattic
    Start with purple genetics.
    Add a purple nutrient additive.
    Drop your temps.
    Watch the nOObs drool.

Purple ain't nuttin' but a color. Some of the worst bud I've ever grown was purple... pretty as fuck... tasted like your average brick.

It's all about what your goals are.
    You pretty much summed it all up lol

I want to grow good bud but at the same time purple bud is automatcly assumed good bud. I want good bud but even though I know I could grow regular weed that wll be a better smoke I need to appeze to the average smoked and the average smoker wants purple bud...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast